Aluminum bumper brackets, a new offering

-
I am interested in 1 or 2 sets for 67-69 darts. Do you have these available or are they on the back burner?

I have a stock set front and rear on hand. Working on putting jigs together for those and rear brackets for current offering. Also working on jigs for early dart/barracuda/valiant. I hope to have some ready by mid may for 67-69 darts. Thanks

I have a stock set front and rear on hand. Working on putting jigs together for those and rear brackets for current offering. Also working on jigs for early dart/barracuda/valiant. I hope to have some ready by mid may for 67-69 darts. Thanks
PM me when you have the Early-A brackets ready.I need a front pair for my 66 Dart.Thanks

I have a 1971 Demon, how much for S/H to Beatrice, NE 68310? I will take a front and rear set. Thanks

I will be offering aluminum 3/8" carriage bolts, flats, locks and nuts starting tomorrow. I don't know what the weight savings will be but this post will be the second to know. I'm selling them for $1.75 per hole. That includes the bolt(bright), one flat washer, one lock washer, and one nut.

I'm working on the rear brackets now. I hope to have them in a few weeks. Thanks!

Send me a PM when you get the rear brackets done. I will take a set of front and rear brackets with the aluminum carriage bolts needed to attach the bumpers to the brackets. Thanks :cheers:

Today I weighed 8 bolt assemblies(steel) against the aluminum counterparts that I purchased. here are the results.

Steel bolts weigh 9.75 oz. and the aluminum weigh 3.30 oz. I used eight bolts because that is what my Duster uses.

Attachments

• aluminum carriage bolts weight.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 477
  • steel bumper bolts weight.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 448
Today I weighed 8 bolt assemblies(steel) against the aluminum counterparts that I purchased. here are the results.

Steel bolts weigh 9.75 oz. and the aluminum weigh 3.30 oz. I used eight bolts because that is what my Duster uses.

Not a huge weight savings I suppose. I believe its the sum of all the parts that really makes the difference. I just received 35' of 3/8" o.d. .035 wall aluminum tube. I will make some longer fender rods with these since the stock units dont fit with my brackets. I will be doing total weight comparisons as I get more models of brackets made.

I have several new jigs made, just working on getting the parts on CAD and to the water jet for samples.

Attachments

• aluminum carriage bolts weight.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 475
  • steel bumper bolts weight.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 419
Send me a PM when you get the rear brackets done. I will take a set of front and rear brackets with the aluminum carriage bolts needed to attach the bumpers to the brackets. Thanks :cheers:

Same here!!

PM me when the rear brackets are available....

We will need a full set (Front and Rear) with alum bumper bolts
for a
70 Dart Swinger

thanks

Finally got the bumper brackets on today...all I can say is WOW....they fit and look nice...

I just want to update those interested in aluminum bumper brackets. I have been making fixtures for rear brackets as well as more models in front brackets. Making the fixtures in itself can be a headache and is proving to be pricy for that material. At the same time i'm working with a friend to put the designs to CAD and then make trial parts for fitment. It really is a manufacturing operation right in my garage. lol. Did I mention i am building a website so that the brackets can be ordered on line?

Ok, enough of the excuses. I'm nearly finished with the 70-72 Dart swinger type rear fixture. I also have 67-69 barracuda front and rear fixtures made, 70-72 Duster front and rear fixtures made, 70-72 challenger front fixtures made, 67-69 Dart front and rear fixtures made. I also been developing thin wall aluminum fender rods. I have made some changes to the original 70-72 duster fronts and 70-72 Dart/Demon fronts. I am adding more adjustability to them, more strength at the frame mounting area and longer, machined in fender rod tabs so that you can still use your stock fender rods. I really do want installation of these brackets to be effortless for you guys. No one wants to pay out and have parts that don't fit right.

i can make the fender rods per request right now. I would need to know the length needed hole to hole. They sell for $15 for the pair plus shipping. If you order them brackets there is no additional shipping. Same for the aluminum bolts. They are .375" diameter, .035" wall, 3003 aluminum tube with .25" holes.

Thanks for all of the interest and be patient, im eating, sleeping, walking and talking bumper brackets right now!

I have a jig made for the rear, I have front available. Im stuck in a "life responsibilities rut" at the moment. I hope to be back on track after fathers day. The 70 up dart rear jig has proved to be challenge, thats a big bracket! I will have some 70-72 Duster front, 70-72 Dart/Demon front, aluminum bolts and aluminum fender rods at Kil Kare for the monster mopar event.

I took my brackets off! ......just because I'm getting the bumper painted!

Still waiting for rears so I can get these! Need both ASAP!

-
Back