Aluminum heads whos the best?

-
Well, CNC can be done any time, and the associated work will also mean a spring and cam change. Rather than buy the heads with the expectation of growing the engine into them later, I'd rather build for what you need now, and leave the option to go bigger later as you feel like it. The other issue is with Cometics, both the block and head must be finished ultra smooth. The factory finish on RPMs is boarderline too rough for them.

Already got my new head gaskets. http://www.cometic.com/domesticauto.aspx
Yeah I was thinking the Indys would be over kill for my app. but was thinking that if I want to step up power later on the CNC eddys would handle it. But the more I think about it the Dougs header might be a limiting factor for those (CNC) but would be perfect for the prepped version.

Be careful of using OOTB unported Indy heads...they don't flow much more than mildly ported eddy heads despite the large port.

Be careful of using OOTB unported Indy heads...they don't flow much more than mildly ported eddy heads despite the large port.

Isn't that kind of the problem? Large port on a mid size engine.

I'm thinking the full CNC would be a little too much for my app.

Isn't that kind of the problem? Large port on a mid size engine.

My statement applies to the unported Indy small block heads. Ports are large, but they don't produce any flow or HP for the size they are.
Guide boss is way too large, short turn is too large and stuck out into the bowl, and chamber is small around the intake valve. Just these changes and they'll flow 320+cfm without toucing the port itself.
With eddy heads, even on a 360 is't hard to get the port too big. But for some street stuff, or heavy vehicles or smaller cid a mild port can be beneficial.

I got my Eddy RPM,s for a deal in the box,so had them worked abit with money saved.New springs were added for a bigger solid roller cam.These are on my 410 sb with an M1 intake and 850dp.I,m happy with the performace from these heads.:thumblef:

Ok Edelbrocks are what I'm gonna be ordering.

Good choice. Get the valve job and guide clearance gone over, some minor bowl blending, and gasket match. The FelPro 1008 gaskets are what I run and that is what Edelbrock recommends.

My statement applies to the unported Indy small block heads. Ports are large, but they don't produce any flow or HP for the size they are.
Guide boss is way too large, short turn is too large and stuck out into the bowl, and chamber is small around the intake valve.

Good description, even more so since I have held these in my hands. I figured the port was to large for the 360 and as such, producing low velocity in the port.

Just these changes and they'll flow 320+cfm without toucing the port itself.
Yikes!

With eddy heads, even on a 360 is't hard to get the port too big. But for some street stuff, or heavy vehicles or smaller cid a mild port can be beneficial.

Considering it is marketed as a replacement / High performance head, I'm not complaining. It works well in my 73-360-4spd Cuda.

Good choice. Get the valve job and guide clearance gone over, some minor bowl blending, and gasket match. The FelPro 1008 gaskets are what I run and that is what Edelbrock recommends.
Ok, I guess I'll order up some FelPro Gaskets. At the min. everything will get all smoothed out.

Just placed the order for the Edelbrock heads 60779 63cc (and gaskets) should be getting them soon either Wednesday or Thursday.

-
Back