Am I wrong?

-

Twisted-72

Reaction score
I sold or at least thought I sold some parts on craigslist. I won't mention his name as I think he is a member. I boxed the item and sent him a E- mail with the total including shipping, didn't hear back from him. So a couple of days later I called him, surprise he didn't get my E-mail. He tells me he will send money order the next day. That was over 2 weeks ago, I have called him every 3 to 4 days just to say I don't have it and you need to check on it. At one point before the MO was sent he was about 20 minutes from where I work and told him he could pick it up then, Guess what that was too far to go out of his way. He is in NY and I'm in eastern PA. The kicker I traveled to his place in 2000 to buy parts, That how I knew his name. So my last phone call with him was Thursday, I asked him again to check on it and he tells me he did last week and it is stuck in NJ. During this call he said to me I can't check on it Friday I'm going to Englishtown, Maybe you could bring it to me if you are coming. At this point I'm boiling I'm sure there's no money order and I tell him He has wasted enough of my time and I'm moving on. He tries to put I back on me and tells me I haven't waited for it long enough. I said were done. So am I wrong?

My question is, WTF are you doing mailing stuff you sold on craigslist, and WHY are you taking money orders/checks?

Seriously, you're asking to get scammed. Cash talks, losers walk. If you want to sell stuff and mail it, do so on eBay where you have at least minor recourse and some scope of who you're selling to.

Oh, and to address the issue, you're selling on CL. Getting toyed with goes with the territory.

If this has gone a few weeks and you have other buyers, I'd pull the plug and move on. If the MO shows up, write "Refused, return to sender" on the envelope. The lack of concern to update is the first red flag to me.

One thing if you sell things that work well, DEADLINES! Give people firm deadlines that if the money isn't here in 3 days, you're out... PERIOD. Especially if you have other buyers waiting.

Sorry to read about the frustration. Selling sometimes take a BUNCH of patience.

Move to the next guy, First person to put money in your hand gets the parts. Postal M/O is fine.

My question is, WTF are you doing mailing stuff you sold on craigslist, and WHY are you taking money orders/checks?

Seriously, you're asking to get scammed. Cash talks, losers walk. If you want to sell stuff and mail it, do so on eBay where you have at least minor recourse and some scope of who you're selling to.

Oh, and to address the issue, you're selling on CL. Getting toyed with goes with the territory.

Look I don't normally do this and don't take money orders. like I said I had bought parts from him in the past and seemed to be alright.

This is why I like paypal. Rule #1- Nothing is sold until the money is in your hand.

I wouldn't have waited as long as you have. Money talks bs walks man. Sorry but just the way it is

X's 2 on what Joe said and the general idea with everyone else.

Money talks B.S. walks, nothing is sold unt cash hits the ha X's. I use part of the payment sent to ship. M/O is fine. If it does t arrive, not my problem.
Pay-Pal is good.

Ok guys I normally take only Paypal or cash and I know nothing is sold till I have the money. Again I only did this because I recognized his name and talked to him on the phone( he remembered the parts I had bought from him over 12 years ago) This is why I made an exception.

Why post his name?
None a my business, but just curious.

I posted the name so others can beware. Also I only posted his business name. After I started this thread I went searching found a post from a BBD member, in that post Rumblefish ltd posted a reply about a lost money order. Everything he said in that post almost mirrors what he has been telling me. Wish I had seen it before dealing with him.

Ok - I'm going to put it out there RUMBLEFISH LTD

He's a big seller of used Mopar parts. It's a business. So he knows exactly what is going on from your end. He will know you have to move on. If he tell you he does not understand that, he's full of it.

He has a history of flakyness. I've heard the locals do not deal with him much. But IMHO, that is typical of big used parts sellers though. It is what it is. You see the part, you want it, you pay for it... or move on. As with all classic car used part businesses, be careful with thier discriptions of condition.

He could be waiting for a pre sale to someone else.

He's a big seller of used Mopar parts. It's a business. So he knows exactly what is going on from your end. He will know you have to move on. If he tell you he does not understand that, he's full of it.

He has a history of flakyness. I've heard the locals do not deal with him much. But IMHO, that is typical of big used parts sellers though. It is what it is. You see the part, you want it, you pay for it... or move on. As with all classic car used part businesses, be careful with thier discriptions of condition.

He told me he doesn't understand. He said he thought the deal was done and the parts were his. WRONG

Good ol, Joe Balboa

Tell him if the payment isn't in your hands by tuesday evening, you're done. Deadline!

Certified mail would take 2 days to get to you barring, weather delays. Can he provide the certified tracking? Probably not. I smell a huge dung heap close... LOL

I posted the name so others can beware. Also I only posted his business name. After I started this thread I went searching found a post from a BBD member, in that post Rumblefish ltd posted a reply about a lost money order. Everything he said in that post almost mirrors what he has been telling me. Wish I had seen it before dealing with him.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Looks like a few other guys have found more dirt on this dude.
I'll stick with Dave. I know him, he's local, friendly and always has good parts.

Good Luck with this, BTW.

George

So what kind of parts do you have for sale? Maybe someone here will scoop them up.. I understand why you waited... And I thank you for posting his company name.. I know to look elsewhere now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoxcuda
He's a big seller of used Mopar parts. It's a business. So he knows exactly what is going on from your end. He will know you have to move on. If he tells you he does not understand that, he's full of it.

He told me he doesn't understand. He said he thought the deal was done and the parts were his. WRONG

He is full of it.

Good ol, Joe Balboa

Tell him if the payment isn't in your hands by tuesday evening, you're done. Deadline!

Certified mail would take 2 days to get to you barring, weather delays. Can he provide the certified tracking? Probably not. I smell a huge dung heap close... LOL

I have to agree with crackback.

If he got a money order and sent it certified he should have receipt for both of them. Tell him to e-mail photos of them to you to prove he did this.
As crackedback said if you don't receive them by Tuesday. Tell him you're moving on.

I've already told him we are done. This is what I was selling him. 69 big block bellhousing - clutch fork - inspection cover and flywheel. Removed from a Road Runner.
View attachment 1714612568

View attachment 1714612569

View attachment 1714612570

That's a cut and dry bread and butter part.

Could be a pre sold deal or he is trying to rangle up the other 4spd parts for a complete 4spd swap to sell or pre sell. My guess is 70% chance of that. And of course 30% chance that is incorrect.

...But 100% chance it is not your problem why he can't pay.

my question is, wtf are you doing mailing stuff you sold on craigslist, and why are you taking money orders/checks?

Seriously, you're asking to get scammed. Cash talks, losers walk. If you want to sell stuff and mail it, do so on ebay where you have at least minor recourse and some scope of who you're selling to.

Oh, and to address the issue, you're selling on cl. Getting toyed with goes with the territory.

amen to that!

-
Back