AM I WRONG ?

-
I missed my brothers wedding because I had planned a Back Pack trip and several people paid me money and I was the organizer. I could have easily changed my plans but...I figured he just came up with the idea of getting married on the spur of the moment and I didn't go. He even said he understood and was good with it. Many years after that he quit talking to me and hasn't started to talk to this day. I say go to Carlisle because if you have not been important enough to get a card or call, going to a wedding will not change that. Enjoy yourself! I will be there Friday and Saturday. I may look you up

It's hard choice. I've been around these cars since I was 16. (owning them) they are just cars, bottom line. They don't own us. Family should always come first. Remember your not doing it for your nephew your doing it for your sister. Someone here will take the hotel room.my .02

They both no nothing about these cars & they don't even want to know. These young kids live in a different world.
In that case save yourself some money and get them some Chevy parts

They both no nothing about these cars & they don't even want to know. These young kids live in a different world.

nothing wrong with them not caring about old cars.. there are plenty of people from my generation, your generation, younger generations and previous generations that think of them as transportation and thats it.. nothing wrong with that. hell they may be the smart ones..:) i'm sure they are into something that you couldn't care less about too. that swings both ways man.

Weddings and gift giving are like Funerals and a will.
Those that love and respect you always will. Doesn't matter what you give or leave them.
Point is those that love you still will. Even if you give or leave them little. They might not understand why you left or gave what you did, but you 're still family.

Im currently recovering from my latest hospital visit. Doing ok. Wish I could make Carlisle. Have a great time.

some people just don't get it.... somethings, anything, all things?? dress code? .....
I don't go to church much anymore, I can't hear the preacher. when I do, it is a "cowboy" church, some might ask what the heck that is? generally not held in a real fancy church. most everyone there wears jeans, boots, maybe a hat. NO tie. dogs are welcome and usually I will see 5-6. we figure God is happy we are there. He does not judge us by our choice of clothes as some people might.
so if I am told I have to by a set of clothes I will never wear another time ever again, not to even be buried in, I figure I need not attend their function, event, whatever they will call it.. if I offend anyone, well then, figured surely I have offended them before, I guess they got over it????

some people just don't get it.... somethings, anything, all things?? dress code? .....
I don't go to church much anymore, I can't hear the preacher. when I do, it is a "cowboy" church, some might ask what the heck that is? generally not held in a real fancy church. most everyone there wears jeans, boots, maybe a hat. NO tie. dogs are welcome and usually I will see 5-6. we figure God is happy we are there. He does not judge us by our choice of clothes as some people might.
so if I am told I have to by a set of clothes I will never wear another time ever again, not to even be buried in, I figure I need not attend their function, event, whatever they will call it.. if I offend anyone, well then, figured surely I have offended them before, I guess they got over it????

I used to come out of the shop and go right to preaching on Thursday nights.

The message counts more than appearance.

My son is going to be 24, I had him at Carlisle at 5-6 years old, riding in the back of my Swinger one day he said 'Dad when you die can I have this car"? I don't mind leaving it to him, but don't think he will know how to drive the four speed. I may be wrong, I did start teaching him how to drive stick in my Fox Mustang, he seemed to "get the hang of it"

Rob, that was awesome. You and Barbee need to take a bow.
Thanks man. Some of the family think they can just dictate the world to you and that just ain't so. I beat my drums to my rhythm and all who don't like the tune are shown the door. And they can leave there half eaten dinner behind.

Some family members realize that I will bend over backwards giving you my shirt after being woken up from a dead sleep. Others can deliver flowers and foot rubs and they don't get jack.

It's almost a shame money doesn't buy class, good taste, manors or a decent heart. They think brown eating you and/or shaming you into submission & constant open ended comments is OK and justifiable.

LMAO! Like there 1982 visit is worth more than yours because the spent more getting here.

I have 12 nephews/nieces. I know that five of them are married, and one of these is already divorced and remarried. Of the other seven; two are still single, and 4 are shacked up, and one of them I haven't seen since she was a baby, and status is unknown. I myself have three kids; two married and one shacked up.
So my deceased father has 15 grandchildren.
I have been to one marriage, and it wasn't even to my own kid's!.
I won't be going to any of the other ten, unless my son invites me. Both of my girls were shacked up for many many years. One finally flew to Vegas to get married; and yeah she invited me, but I said no way am I going to that hell-hole. The other finally snuck away to a JP.
My shacked up son has a bastard son, and another kid on the way.What a world.Don't be thinking I love that little fella any less than my other two grandbabies; bastard just means fruit of fornication. After all who married Eve to Adam?
So, if you're wrong, what am I.
Just go.

Wedding at 19yrs old? Tell him you will be at his next one in a few years.
This!
If you go to the wedding, you'll sit there and stew over what you're missing.
I missed my sisters 1st wedding. I was deployed and couldn't come.
Turns out I didn't miss much, maybe a better meal than the one I was getting from the Army.

Weddings and gift giving are like Funerals and a will.
Those that love and respect you always will. Doesn't matter what you give or leave them.
Point is those that love you still will. Even if you give or leave them little. They might not understand why you left or gave what you did, but you 're still family.

Im currently recovering from my latest hospital visit. Doing ok. Wish I could make Carlisle. Have a great time.
Well that sucks. Ill have a good time for ya

I missed a wedding once because they got married the same weekend as the Mopar Nationals. When they questioned my decision I said I had been to every Mopar Nationals since it started and if they were considerate they wouldn't have planned an event that weekend. My wife is going to a wedding in Springfield Ohio the same weekend of the Mopar Nationals this year, I told her that if my presence was required I would get in my 2015 Viper T/A and drive down for the ceremony and then go back to Columbus afterwards. She said she didn't really need me there. If my Daughter was getting married I would probably blow off a swap meet but anybody that really wants me to be at their wedding usually knows better than to conflict with Carlisle or the Nationals.

The short answer is, since your married, your automatically wrong.
wise old Confederate once said " women are not always right, but they are NEVER wrong"..... so who did we lose the war?... wait a minute, just regrouping to build back our supply of cannonballs and grits!!!

-
Back