Amazing where cars can end up

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Transferring this over from dc.om:

A guy showed up on the forums from Bolivia of all places wanting to know how to start restoring a mopar, this mopar:

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

A 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, a REAL R/T! The roof was taken off at some point and the car is currently powered by what appears to be a Ford Engine.

WOW! Thats a find! Wonder how long it was tucked away?

A Flurd engine in a MOPAR....thats BLASPHEMY! LOL

The valve covers and intake and air cleaner remind me of the 312 in my Dad's old 56 Mercury.......

I-jus-don-kno Even the battery made it to the wrong side. A Fraud Y block?

Sometimes you just got to work with what you got available.
Glad to see it still around!

cool! its always neat to see these cars in other countries, i once saw a 70 cuda in argentina :p

whats the website you got these pics from? the link you wrote doesnt work

Y block, per the 2 bolt valve covers. I saw an old Harley Knucklehead with period correct sidehack in a Filipino village, running survivor. Yup, tried to track down the owner to buy it, but didnt know how to get it back on base or onto the boat to take home....15000 pesos would have been a lot of rice over there at the time.

I don't think that's a 239 OHV, 272, 292 or 312 Ford motor, the oil fill should be on the passenger side front of the valley pan, a tube sticking up about 8 to 10 inches or so, not in the valve cover. That looks like one of the old '50's GM motors. Maybe Olds or Pontiac. Now it's got me bugged, time to do some research.

Very strange. Good luck finding the engine, it'll probably turn up in a Volkswagen in Africa.:toothy10:

I thought it was a y block ford too at first but i"m leaning towards American Motors 287??

-
Back