Amd vs. Goodmark

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I need to buy quarter panels for my dart in the next couple of days and I saw that Goodmark started making them. They are about $100 cheaper than Amd. Is it because they are not the quality of Amd? Anyone with any experience with the Goodmark quarters?

AMD is the best you can buy as far as Mopar goes.I have heard of Mopar people using Goodmark panels and not happy with them.

Jim

Give me an A, give me an M, give me D! What does that spell? The only game that makes quality body parts!:cheers:

Have you guys actually installed them properly? They don't fit. period.
They look like crap next to NOS (not the reject ones) panels and fit that way too.

Guess what they are the same company...... AMD is just priced more and they do a better job at putting clips ect on....

A buddy sent pics of his project to AMD and they showed up on the goodmark website in the featured project section. How does that happen if they aren't the same
company? Yes they have been pulled since he complained.

Have you guys actually installed them properly? They don't fit. period.
They look like crap next to NOS (not the reject ones) panels and fit that way too.

Guess what they are the same company...... AMD is just priced more and they do a better job at putting clips ect on....

A buddy sent pics of his project to AMD and they showed up on the goodmark website in the featured project section. How does that happen if they aren't the same
company? Yes they have been pulled since he complained.
Its kind of hard to find NOS parts some times (or they're priced out of peoples range) so you have to make due with the parts you can get you hands on for a reasonable price.

My dad has a 70 challenger rt and bought a goodmark fender, it was so out of whack it would have cost more to "fix" the new fender than it was to repair the original fender. There went 500 bucks down the tube!!

Its kind of hard to find NOS parts some times (or they're priced out of peoples range) so you have to make due with the parts you can get you hands on for a reasonable price.

Yes it is and the NOS parts are all the rejects so what are you gonna do?

Point is they are both crap and we spend a lot of time making them fit properly.

Admittedly the chevy parts which have been run and refined more times fit a lot better them the mopar parts. Hopefully within a few years the mopar ones will be at the same level the chevy ones are.

And yes our shop has produced many show winning mopars and the owner has been doing restoration and general collision work for 40+ years.

I bought a set of quarter panels via goodmark and I wouldn't recommend buying from them. The quarter panels that I have are dinged up in a few places and the rear lower quarter sections look like they are off quite a bit.
If I were you I would save up a little more to buy the quality.

I was told by an bodyman friend of mine that the Goodmark die stamped partial quarter panels are designed to fit over top of the existing quarters on the car. Pretty funky approach in my opinion. I think they would be good enough for patches.
The AMD panels are designed to fit like an N.O.S. panel, you cut everything out and then it goes on like the original. I was told that there is a few tweaks involved, but they are pretty good overall.
If you are really worried about it, buy N.O.S. panels or good rust free originals.
I guess it all comes down to what you can afford and what your expectations for the resto are......

I was under the impression that NOS parts were produced during the original production runs to be used by dealerships and repair shops.

The first go around yes, but for the most part the NOS parts we have now are the 80's run and the ones that were sent to the body shops, rejected and returned. Still largely better parts then the repops now.

I recently had to add the ridge to a challenger decklid because what came on it wasn't even close to being like the original on the car... (New AMD) It also needed the edges welded up and ground to make the gaps fit on an original car. 1/4s on another challenger need quite a bit of tweaking to get to fit. The car has never been wrecked either (1 owner car)

The AMD panels are not even close to the Goodmark in shape and fit. The Goodmark panels I have installed we had to cut the bottom off and make our own piece in order to install them. I have no clue if they are the same company or not. But in the aftermarket worl there is no better product than the AMD.....

AMD and Goodmark are two different companies. Please post facts instead of some rumors. The dead giveaway is the metal thickness, AMD panels are noticeably thicker and have more pronounced lines I'm not even talking about fitment.

If I were buying parts AMD would be it, after my discussion with the owner of AMD he explained to me that a lot of the parts are stamped using the actual dies that were used back in the day, not some reproduction die. He buys as many of them he can get his hands on and has them refurbished.

Im a amd dealer and i cut my quarters off my 70 road runner so they could copy them,they came out very nice and is a hot seller,along with the Air grabber hood and all there parts they make. amd and goodmark arent the same company they once were together but now totally seperate! Amd panels and parts all day long!

Yes the guys at amd know what they are doing,and are making the best parts for this hobby and i hope many more! Call your nearest amd dealer and order with confidence!

So if AMD knows what they are doing then why don't their stuff fit? The shop I work at has NOS parts and the AMD stuff aint the same. Period. So why did the cuda project pics end up the goodmark site?

Why did I have to add the ridge on a challenger deck lid? Why did the same deck lid not fit square on the car when the original one did? Yes I had to weld up the edges and grind them to make the gaps correct, it does bolt on but it wasn't right. Why did we have to modify the quarters to fit and the wheel houses not fit right?

So are people just installing the parts improperly and not having things line up?

Sorry guys the quality of work we do isn't back yard stuff.

But what else are you going to do? Gotta replace the parts somehow.

I will try to find the pics for everyone my compt crashed recently and I lost a few pics but I think I have a back up here somewhere.

We bought a set of full quarters from AMD for a 68 charger. They fit perfect.

I am AMD dealer and have been selling AMD parts for over 3 years and had only one customer complain about him having fitting issues with AMD Challenger quarters I sold him, yet I have sold countless dozens of these with no complaints.

I have used many aftermarket parts over the years doing restorations and AMD is head and sholders better than any others that i have used . just put a quarter panel on my dart and it fit like an oem quarter

-
Back