And the seller/loser is yellow68runner

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen Runner out here in a while, maybe he is on xmas vacation?...appears that the parts are on their way back to him....maybe he will respond after the Holidays?

tryin to keep the benefit of the doubt goin

He was logged on here yesterday when I was reading this.He knows,but obviously doesn,t want to hurt his pride and bend a little.You guys should beable to come to a happy medium and move on.

Maybe there should be a thread started with all the names of bad sellers. Then we can check to see it they are loser sellers to avoid. It would be hard to set a limit on postings or time here to sell though. A lot of guys are sincere and will not screw you and then there are some that may have been here for years and just don't care.

Actually, there is a system in place, but a lot of the participants find it too much trouble to figure it out.

I have had nothing but good experiences on this site, and the system has been an aid in making that happen. I have made about 20 transactions, all of them good.

Hey, maybe someone that lives near him will grab the package from ups, when they drop it, and then ship it to 4sddragtop

I've shipped to Germany via USPS, and you CAN get insurance and delivery confirmation, but not tracking. To insure for $400 only cost a couple dollars. Total cost to ship 20lbs to Germany from California with insurance was about $95. I think it was almost $90 without the insurance.

BTW, USPS was the cheapest by FAR.

One US seller on this forum charged me an extra $10.00 plus postage for him to go to the post office instead of using UPS. At least I didn't get hit up for taxes or brokerage fees but felt that this was just another way to get some extra $.

Like was said earlier, if you used a credit card thru paypal or a credit card, you can get your money back. If you used a cash balance in paypal or a MO, your screwed. Hope you can get your money back.

One US seller on this forum charged me an extra $10.00 plus postage for him to go to the post office instead of using UPS. At least I didn't get hit up for taxes or brokerage fees but felt that this was just another way to get some extra $.

NOW THIS I have no problem with. When I was working, I'd have to take TIME OFF (no pay) to go to the UPS/ PO. Many guys I know live out of town, and it's a considerable matter to make it to either UPS or PO, and this time of year, many of those places are no fun at all

What's YOUR time worth?

...........I say , if u want 2 sell the parts , then dam well make the effort, dont b a low life looser.........they make me sick....................kim............

NOW THIS I have no problem with. When I was working, I'd have to take TIME OFF (no pay) to go to the UPS/ PO. Many guys I know live out of town, and it's a considerable matter to make it to either UPS or PO, and this time of year, many of those places are no fun at all

What's YOUR time worth?

AHA! Here's the problem.

Yes, time is money, but this is supposed to be a hobby for chrissakes. There are many members here who would gladly give up an hour of their day, give away a part, or even donate funds to help out another member in need. I happen to be a cheap a$$hole and I can't be bothered to package and ship, so I don't sell. If I would sell, I'd consider my time and effort to be part of the sale price and price the item accordingly. If it does not sell, well, I don't have to put in the effort. If I must sell, it weighs into the equation, but I would not dare ask for extra money for handling unless an extreme request was made. Should I be required to add special packaging and agreed on a price, you can bet I would comply with the agreed conditions.

I'll step off the soapbox now.

AHA! Here's the problem.

Yes, time is money, but this is supposed to be a hobby for chrissakes. There are many members here who would gladly give up an hour of their day, give away a part, or even donate funds to help out another member in need. I happen to be a cheap a$$hole and I can't be bothered to package and ship, so I don't sell. If I would sell, I'd consider my time and effort to be part of the sale price and price the item accordingly. If it does not sell, well, I don't have to put in the effort. If I must sell, it weighs into the equation, but I would not dare ask for extra money for handling unless an extreme request was made. Should I be required to add special packaging and agreed on a price, you can bet I would comply with the agreed conditions.

I'll step off the soapbox now.

this ones a big box gryzynx. hope your wearing a chute!
but don,t cheap out on it.
:toothy10:

just an FYI-- UPS will dispose of customs return items rather than return if the shipper chooses not to have them returned.
asked some questions today & that seems to be the concensus.lawrence

this is supposed to be a hobby for chrissakes. .

Maybe, but everytime I get to thinkin' somethin' is a great big paternal group of "buddies" somebody screws me. I've been a radio amateur for a good part of my life, and that "it's a hobby" arguement doesn't float "over there," either. There IS too damn many people in it for way more than "helping out" the rest of us.

But the fact remains---when I was working, I actually had to LOSE MONEY sometimes if it meant "givin it up" for one of these imagined "friends."

I can tell you that my "friends" were nowhere to be seen a few years back when I could've used a few of em

Maybe, but everytime I get to thinkin' somethin' is a great big paternal group of "buddies" somebody screws me. I've been a radio amateur for a good part of my life, and that "it's a hobby" arguement doesn't float "over there," either. There IS too damn many people in it for way more than "helping out" the rest of us.

But the fact remains---when I was working, I actually had to LOSE MONEY sometimes if it meant "givin it up" for one of these imagined "friends."

I can tell you that my "friends" were nowhere to be seen a few years back when I could've used a few of em

And in your statement lies the truth. If a man goes his whole life and along the way can name one or two TRUE friends, he is truly a rich man. Everyone else is an acquaintance.

I get an A$$ rapin' every time I sell something. I usually only sell stuff when I get tired of it taking up space, or sometimes when I'm trying to get money to buy more parts.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I have read every pm to and from steve and joe.I see where steve specifically asked for usps and I have personally sent large packages to that exact address. officially I am just a member for this post.I don't know steve other than several transactions where he bought things from me or from the save bruces house thread but I can tell you this, his payments and communications are honest and sincere and he's always been a standout member of f.a.b.o. from reading all of those pm's about this transaction and the dealings I have had with steve I have to side with steve,and yes I have spoken with joe about this matter and I gotta say this unoficially cuz this is a post as just a member here and someone that knows both parties and has spent time trying to resolve this issue in an amiccable manner either on the phone in chat room or thru pm's. "that's all I have to say about this subject for now" (forrest gump) :angry7:
P.S. pic's show how to package stuff,yepp I use lumber......SO!

Attachments

• stuff on film 061.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 247
  • stuff on film 062.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 240
  • stuff on film 063.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 244
Well when I do finally put up something to sell its available to Canadians or Americans alike. I am in Canada but if someone from the States wants it I usually just ship from Sumas WA because it is cheaper and faster. I have never thought of charging fuel, I just make it clear it will be sent on a weekend. If its a Canadian buying well that can be fun because are shipping here always seems to be way too much lol.

I also have picked up stuff for fellow members from my US address (to save them shipping) brought it across customs charged them the small shipping receiving fee (stated to them before I pick up anything) and sent the package on its merry way to them.

What I do know is the web based estimated shipping pricing sucks and I can never fit anything into those stupid price fixed packing thingies:toothy10:

Have I ever been burned by anyone...No not yet, have I burned anyone...No, I have quoted shipping and been wrong I just eat it and shake my head lol. I can't for the life of me think why people would burn there good name to gain so little money, to me my good name and reputation is the only thing that I have destiny over.

Disclaimer: Megajoltman in no way shape or form in this statement is pointing fingers at anyone who in question may be labeled a no good snake in the grass,beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster,chiseller, defrauder, grifter, swindler,fleecer,welsher,scoundral, scammer, Mother of questionable quality's, one whom should be kicked in the unmentionables.

If i could say what i'm thinking, i would say.....
Screw it, i'm going to say it anyway.
This is becoming a chronic problem.
Why can't the buyer and the seller come to terms before the deal is made? It isn't that hard. If the details of shipping aren't met and agreed on by both parties, then no deal!
End of story!
I've bought some parts on here with great results, (thank you guys) and i try to give away some parts a few months ago and i got burned for the parts and the shipping to boot!
Lies, name calling, and finally excuses!
All over 20 bucks.
He started a thread on here saying i was a scammer and was roasted. (Avoidance Alert, on general discussions, look it up if you want to.)
His reputation on here is trashed, was it worth it?
Maybe that's why the seller hasn't posted on this thread, he knows he'll be roasted.
I'll be the first one, and anyone that follows in their footsteps.
My only advice is to resolve things before it gets to post stage and save your reputation.
99% of us are straight shooters and the rest of you,
F*** off and go away.
My 2 cents.
Tom.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I have read every pm to and from steve and joe.I see where steve specifically asked for usps and I have personally sent large packages to that exact address. officially I am just a member for this post.I don't know steve other than several transactions where he bought things from me or from the save bruces house thread but I can tell you this, his payments and communications are honest and sincere and he's always been a standout member of f.a.b.o. from reading all of those pm's about this transaction and the dealings I have had with steve I have to side with steve,and yes I have spoken with joe about this matter and I gotta say this unoficially cuz this is a post as just a member here and someone that knows both parties and has spent time trying to resolve this issue in an amiccable manner either on the phone in chat room or thru pm's. "that's all I have to say about this subject for now" (forrest gump) :angry7:

So your saying that it was made clear by the buyer to the seller not to use UPS or Fedex because they charge extra at customs. To me at a quick glance ups and usps look kind of the same on a quick read. Yes it is in black and white but sometimes the brain reads what it wants to almost like reading "O" instead of 0 (zero) in a tracking number. I sell a few parts and will ship but I must admit. I have learned something from this thread that I didn't know about shipping to Canada or any other Country I guess.

By the way I'm not taking any side here! But as a seller I would bend over backwards to a certian point to make it right. As a buyer I might reconsider how to communicate shipping request in the future, it would be more detailed than a simple adbreviation.

I think at the end of the day, we all hope this is worked out. I would hope so anyways.
I'm out!

at least for now!

so how did you get screwed?

Seems like your a bit of a cynic with this thread plum???
Ink asked me if I got jerked around....would waiting 3 months for parts or refund be jerked around??

Believe me its the principle of the matter here. I specifically asked for USPS, he clearly states he shipped ups cuz its cheaper, without communicating that to me until it was too late and parts were shipped. Also the fact he didnt even want to meet me half-way. I take a $40 loss and so does he and get gets parts back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back