Another episode of "What will it run?!"

-
Super Stock springs w/ Comp Engineering shocks, both springs are driver side (the lean would drive me nuts)
RANT ON! :mob:
The reason SS Spring are the great SET UP and have been around 4 EVER has everything to do with the perked *** end and more importantly the stiffer more arched right spring.

If you're going to us two left SS spring......My et predictions would have to be much closer to RRR's them most that have posted up.
If you can't stand the look of a SS Spring why waste the money. Buy the MP HD springs for it and call it a day! RANT OFF

The Black Demon I posted earlier had the A-body SS springs on it with 2 inch lowering blocks. I did not like it jacked up in the back. The blocks didn't hurt anything I had a best 60 ft. of 1.36 on a 100 shot of Nitrous.

Yes, but lowering the car didn't change it's design, just lower the car further over them. The more you load them, the more they seam to work.
Not going to work or be a SS Spring if you can't control the body roll and keep the drive shaft from trying to pull the right rear of the ground(so to speak)
People buy them because they work, most could give 2 shs about Why.......and that's fine, if you're going to us then us L and R as designed.
I haven't priced HD and SS in a long while. If he wants or need the perked *** end for tire clearance then so be it........It's just not a SS Spring if you use 2 left-es

Super Stock springs w/ Comp Engineering shocks, both springs are driver side (the lean would drive me nuts)
RANT ON! :mob:
The reason SS Spring are the great SET UP and have been around 4 EVER has everything to do with the perked *** end and more importantly the stiffer more arched right spring.

If you're going to us two left SS spring......My et predictions would have to be much closer to RRR's them most that have posted up.
If you can't stand the look of a SS Spring why waste the money. Buy the MP HD springs for it and call it a day! RANT OFF
Because when I purchased them, only driver side were available in stock and I needed them right then and there at Summit to make a cruise. IF it turns out to be a HUGE deal, as in world ending car cannot function. It's $131.00 and about 20minutes to change it. I am aware of how the springs are designed and how they're supposed to function, they also have the ride height I was looking for. All of the input is great and it all gives me things to think about.

Because when I purchased them, only driver side were available in stock and I needed them right then and there at Summit to make a cruise. IF it turns out to be a HUGE deal, as in world ending car cannot function. It's $131.00 and about 20minutes to change it. I am aware of how the springs are designed and how they're supposed to function, they also have the ride height I was looking for. All of the input is great and it all gives me things to think about.

It will be fine i was just a little grumpy. As i said it won't work like a SS Spring, or as well, but it will be much better than a aged stock leaf spring!!!!
Same story with the HD spring, but it sound like you already own the SS Springs........
Look on the bright side, you will only need to buy one spring if you can't get it to hook.(unless you making lots of HP, slicks will keep you in a straight line):)

It will be fine i was just a little grumpy. As i said it won't work like a SS Spring, or as well, but it will be much better than a aged stock leaf spring!!!!
Same story with the HD spring, but it sound like you already own the SS Springs........
Look on the bright side, you will only need to buy one spring if you can't get it to hook.(unless you making lots of HP, slicks will keep you in a straight line):)
yeah, when I swapped the 8 3/4 in and took the 7 1/4 out with the old air shocks.. talk about low rider. The stock springs were done for.

I've done a few cars with driver side SS springs on both side. They hook fine. I hate the drunken stinkbug look! :)

Put a good set of shocks on it and you can tune the rear of the car just fine without the lean.

One thing I've never had, was a leaning SS spring car leave the line hard with the front end level. Always high on the driver side. With Cal-tracs, never an issue. Pick a system and parts and tune it up. XHD springs work really good as well.

I've done a few cars with driver side SS springs on both side. They hook fine. I hate the drunken stinkbug look! :)

Put a good set of shocks on it and you can tune the rear of the car just fine without the lean.

One thing I've never had, was a leaning SS spring car leave the line hard with the front end level. Always high on the driver side. With Cal-tracs, never an issue. Pick a system and parts and tune it up. XHD springs work really good as well.
That is the plan, tune first then modify if it doesn't work out. Still waiting on the machine shop to even tell me how the bores and the rest of the block are. They said this coming week they'd get to it. So hopefully I can start ordering parts I don't have to get the engine rolling. At the moment i'm still working on the fuel system since everything is gutted.

Crackedback is correct, a tunable shock can control that right side just as well.
And to be honest, once you get into adj suspension people, aka ladder/4 link system the SS Spring get a bad rap. because of the way it is set up.
To me, the biggest negative with the SS Spring is the uneven load that cause the front end to pull a little when you get into hard braking.
You won't have that experience!

Well.. Machine shop called. Block is toast.. cylinders are so far gone they'd all have to be sleeved. So, to the scrap heap with that junker. I guess it's a good excuse to build a stroker.

I realized I haven't really updated this... I have a new engine, trans, converter, gears, shifter... Spent a good chunk of money last year.
The new combo, still haven't gotten it to a track (at least not a legitimate 1/4mile).
410 Stroker - Roller LA block
10:1 comp
Air Gap intake
Procomp heads (they haven't crapped out yet)
Lunati 60413 hyd roller 243/251 .560/.565
Hughes Transmission 904 w/ forward manual vb
RoadRunner 3500 converter (seems to be closer to 4000, oh well)
3.55 w/ spool ($260 about 1/4 the price everyone else wanted for a thirdmember)
-6 fuel line from cell to carb w/ 140gph holley electric fuel pump
I have a choice of 2 carbs, currently running AED 750 double pumper, also have an 850cfm double pumper with the choke milled off

before I head to the track I will be putting on some 255/60/15 MT drag radials.. first gear is pretty damn useless with the street tires.
I do need to get a driveshaft loop and subframe connectors (before drag radials). I would hope this combo can get me into the 12's maybe better once everything gets sorted.

you going to Top Gun or Sacramento?

Sacramento is 6 tenth faster then TG....been there...done that...no T shirt

you going to Top Gun or Sacramento?

Sacramento is 6 tenth faster then TG....been there...done that...no T shirt
Well.. probably Top Gun first since it's closer... I was hoping to get to Sac though eventually.
Honestly after thinking about it, probably wouldn't be too bad to try Sac first, top gun is only open 1 weekend a month anyhow. Would be nice if we had more tracks around.

It better run 110+ or something isn't right. Closer to 115+

I have pics of my old hemi car w/ the front wheels in the air, level, leaving the line w/ 002-003 springs on it. A couple of them w/ the wheels about 8" off the ground as I pulled second.
toluene, sounds like u got 12 kicked easy !!/ w/ some bite.

I have pics of my old hemi car w/ the front wheels in the air, level, leaving the line w/ 002-003 springs on it. A couple of them w/ the wheels about 8" off the ground as I pulled second.
toluene, sounds like u got 12 kicked easy !!/ w/ some bite.
I hope so.. I think if I can get high 11's out of this combo i'll leave it alone, then build a different car that will be more track oriented.

Don't know your weight but if you're anywhere near 3000, I think 12's are gonna be easy peasy.
Good luck brutha!

Don't know your weight but if you're anywhere near 3000, I think 12's are gonna be easy peasy.
Good luck brutha!
NO clue... doesn't have a lot of interior (seats are pretty light) and it does have a fuel cell.. and I'm by no means small.. so I figure 3400+ wouldn't be too far off.. maybe heavier.. I'm sure one of these days i'll find a scale somewhere and weigh it.

My duster with most of the same stuff your running, except a much smaller cam and a 650 carb, pump gas, has gone 11.90s and oh yeah its a 318. at Sacramento Raceway, Top Gun will take a bunch off your time. Your car should go deep into the 11s with 4 inch arm.

Well... I finally got the pig to the track. Kinda disappoinyes. But kinda not.
First run off the trailer..actually my first 1/4 ever.
20psi Micky Thompson ss radials
Box stock aed 750 double pumper
Launch @ 1500rpm
13.29@102 w a bad 60ft.

2nd run,
18psi
Launch at 2000rpm
12.80@104

3rd run
17psi
Launch at 3000
12.66@105
4th run hotlap same specs
12.65@105

5th run
17psi
Off idle launch (noticed brake pedal hanging up at burnout)
12.51@106
6th run same specs as 5th
12.58@105

I was disappointed, but the track is at 4,000ft and the da was at 5300 at the time of the best run. So actually not bad. Mid to high 11's if I take it to Sacramento.

Last edited:
You improved every run, (the last is the throw-away!) No need for disappointment, good day at the track I say:thumbsup:

-
Back