Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Man I thought I had a lot of tags to renew! You need to send that Cuda or RR to Fla so they can be driven!:toothy1:

I'd say!!!!! When I am down there!!!!:burnout:

Your collection looks cold to me. I'll take good care of them in the heated shop for you.
Leave the titles in them. Just so my wife will know what they are. Honest...
Hee,Hee,Hee...

I'm sure that the local PD would be in favor of seeing them all relocate. Either they're not big fans of Mopars or they just like visiting with me when I decide to go for a cruise. Milner's glove box was empty compared to mine.

Last edited:
m sure that the local PD would be in favor of seeing them all relocate. Either they're not big fans of Mopars or they just like visiting with me when I decide to go for a cruise. Milner's glove box was empty compared to mine.
So the C.S. ticket liner, would be full , by your standards? (sorry man, couldn't resist..)

I love that dually :prayer:

It'd look great up in Minnesota!

And it would look even better pulling that Panther Pink Swinger!

I couldn't get a nibble on it around here when I had it for sale.

Last edited:
m sure that the local PD would be in favor of seeing them all relocate. Either they're not big fans of Mopars or they just like visiting with me when I decide to go for a cruise. Milner's glove box was empty compared to mine.
So the C.S. ticket liner, would be full , by your standards? (sorry man, couldn't resist..)

I used to keep all of my old traffic citations when I had my old Roadrunner. It actually got to the point where I couldn't close the glove box door. Most were warnings, but they kept me on the edge of license suspension with the tickets.

Those tickets didn't raise that much havoc with insurance rates back in the day. I think my insurance company would drop me if I got 2 moving violations now.

I haven't gotten too old to want to raise a little hell now and then but I sure can't afford the repercussions anymore. Even when I'm behaving (which is 99.9999% of the time) I tend to get too much attention.

One funny thing. As I recall, I stopped getting pulled over with my old Roadrunner after I had the flames painted on it. I figure that they must have thought I was insane or something and left me alone.

Last edited:
I finally got around to gluing the door weatherstrip on. The NAPA store had two different styles of the 3M weatherstrip adhesive. One was yellow and the other was black. The black was $2 higher so I asked them if there was any difference between the two. They told me that the only difference was the color. I bought the yellow.

I decided to apply the adhesive a few feet at a time to prevent it from dripping and to prevent me from accidentally brushing up against it.

img_4684-jpg.jpg

img_4685-jpg.jpg

img_4686-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_4684.jpg

View attachment IMG_4685.jpg

View attachment IMG_4686.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got around to gluing the door weatherstrip on. The NAPA store had two different styles of the 3M weatherstrip adhesive. One was yellow and the other was black. The black was $2 higher so I asked them if there was any difference between the two. They told me that the only difference was the color. I bought the yellow.

I decided to apply the adhesive a few feet at a time to prevent it from dripping and to prevent me from accidentally brushing up against it.

View attachment 1714797819

View attachment 1714797820

View attachment 1714797821

The yellow, is good stuff. Those weather strips, look to be good quality. Excellent idea, on install.

Teresa is superstitious. It may sound weird but she believes that red cars are bad luck. The 'Lil Red Express is red. It's got red seats. It's got red carpet. The dash is red.

She's sort of like the guy in USED CARS that was afraid of red vehicles. I don't know why she thinks red cars are unlucky. When I met her I was driving a red PT Cruiser...

Hmmm... Naw, it must be a coincidence.

The yellow, is good stuff. Those weather strips, look to be good quality. Excellent idea, on install.

I figured that if I didn't get sloppy with it, you'd never be able to see it anyway.

Last edited:
SNKEBIT, you know the routine. It's always asap. It isn't an emergency but the longer I put off finding some, the more likely I'll end up having to scrounge for some 9 months from now when I remember that I need them again. LOL. Thanks in advance again for checking.

I KNOW I have some. It's just a matter of getting to them in the frozen tundra. It is -18 here right now.:protest:

I KNOW I have some. It's just a matter of getting to them in the frozen tundra. It is -18 here right now.:protest:

What's a little frostbite between friends? SNKEBIT, while you're checking, does that truck have decent chrome inside door handles? I could use a pair. What year is that truck? I could also use a factory jack. My handle is fine but the jack itself is broken. Let me know what you find and how much you want for stuff. Thanks.

Last edited:
I checked my window cranks and they're pitted enough that I decided to order replacements. Add another $15 to the build costs.

I was certain that I had new window channel fuzzies for the truck out at the farm. I can't find them. I did a fairly thorough search. They may have been in one of the large plastic bins that were stolen. I ordered some more today. - Another $93 that I didn't want to spend.

The defroster ducts have become brittle from age. No one had new 2&1/2 ductwork in town so I made the decision to wrap my old ones with Gorilla Tape. It allows me to retain the factory clamping mechanisms of my old tubes and I think the Gorilla Tape will stay pliable and not dry out like regular duct tape. That adhesive on it is pretty strong.

Big swap meet coming up in Lincoln, Nebraska this weekend. The weather is supposed to be decent. I picked up an extra supercharger there last year. I don't have high expectations of finding any parts that I really need but I'll probably drag something home nonetheless.

I sent Hemidenny a down payment for one of his K-member assemblies the other day. I'm hping to have the 'Lil Red out of the garage by the time he's done with it so I can focus on installing it in the Charger and maybe I'll finally get those U.S. Cartool subframe on too.

I had planned on replacing the wood support that was underneath the side step plate with rectangular steel tubing. The local welding supply shop did not carry anything with the same dimension as my original wood. I tried to fit a piece of square tubing in the brackets but it didn't work. I ended up cutting some treated lumber down to the dimensions of the original wood.

img_4697-jpg.jpg

Years ago I upgraded the factory stereo with ALPINE equipment. CD players weren't the hot setup yet at that time but cassette decks were. I am putting a factory AM/FM radio back in now but I will keep the ALPINE speakers. I will be putting different speaker grills on them that resemble the factory grills that I hadn't bothered to keep.

img_4689-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_4697.jpg

View attachment IMG_4689.jpg

Last edited:
What's a little frostbite between friends? SNKEBIT, while you're checking, does that truck have decent chrome inside door handles? I could use a pair. What year is that truck? I could also use a factory jack. My handle is fine but the jack itself is broken. Let me know what you find and how much you want for stuff. Thanks.

I will check sometime this weekend!!!!:cheers:

I had planned on replacing the wood support that was underneath the side step plate with rectangular steel tubing. The local welding supply shop did not carry anything with the same dimension as my original wood. I tried to fit a piece of square tubing in the brackets but it didn't work. I ended up cutting some treated lumber down to the dimensions of the original wood.

View attachment 1714798055

Years ago I upgraded the factory stereo with ALPINE equipment. CD players weren't the hot setup yet at that time but cassette decks were. I am putting a factory AM/FM radio back in now but I will keep the ALPINE speakers. I will be putting different speaker grills on them that resemble the factory grills that I hadn't bothered to keep.

View attachment 1714798056

Love early Alpine, they flat work. I know a couple of pro stereo installers. A lot of people ,ask them for the earlier ,bullet proof stereo stuff.

Nice list, Not a bad one there. Have a bunch of 60's-70's-80's 33' rpm's , I need to download from LP to MP3/CD burnable. I need to pull the trigger ,on a turntable again. A great app online , to transfer it correctly.

All great songs :prayer:

The last few days were spent running errands. Although I didn't get much accomplished, I did move the 'Lil Red outside for awhile so that I could do a little cleaning in the garage.

img_4718-jpg.jpg

I drove the dually up front and pulled the front bumper off. I'm still going to swap it with the one from the Express.

img_4709-jpg.jpg

img_4710-jpg.jpg

I am still planning on taking the bumper guards off of my original 'Lil Red Express and putting them on the replacement bumper. I've been told that the bumper guards were supposed to be uncommon on these Expresses.

img_4719-jpg.jpg

I towed the Charger into the drive in preparation for the K-member swap.

img_4711-jpg.jpg

img_4712-jpg.jpg

The driveway is still littered with Mopars but the Barracuda, Roadrunner, and Duster will have to sit on the back lot for awhile.

img_4716-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_4718.jpg

View attachment IMG_4709.jpg

View attachment IMG_4710.jpg

View attachment IMG_4719.jpg

View attachment IMG_4711.jpg

View attachment IMG_4712.jpg

View attachment IMG_4716.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back