another motor mount question?

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have read all the posts about motor mounts,and believe it or not I am still perplexed over my engine swap.I pulled the motor mounts from my 1972 Dart 318,went to mount them on my 1989 360 [which came from a 3/4 ton van for FREE],they dont seem to fit.I was going to make a spacer for the narrow one but it doesnt appear to be even close to fitting.What am i doing wrong? :sad2:

The 318&340 can use the same mounts,the 360 is a nother mount.The mounts you are using are bisket type or spool type and what is the K-member needing?Mrmopartech

I thought the 273-318 were the same and the 340-360 were the same and that the difference was only on one side of the block?

Yeah thats what I thought Lancester!! Put a 340 in a Barracuda for my father, was a 318 car, all I need to do was find another passanger side mount from a 318 and use that for the drivers side, worked great , and was cheap!!

The mount on the 360 drivers side is 1/2" bigger than the 318. I used a cut down 360 truck mount. Didnt like the idea of spacing in case it put sideways pressure on the mounting lug. I used biscuit type mounts.

Lancester said:
I thought the 273-318 were the same and the 340-360 were the same and that the difference was only on one side of the block?

yupper..thats how I understand it

-
Back