another small to big

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Time to search for parts get this stuff together and put it over the winter.What I need guys, is to know what years and what parts to get.Going from small bolt to big bolt.I figured I would start up front first.There is a local wrecking yard that just mite have what i need.Thanks all.Peace

For the front end look for 73 & later disk brakes. I think drums went to BBP in 75. Rear off of a 73 & later disk brake car or any 75 & later ought to work.

I think that 70-72 B-body disks will work, too. F/M/J body rears will work too, but the spring pads need to be relocated. Since they are a hair longer, it will affect what wheel offset you will need.

Hope this helps.

you do have to have uppers from a 73 up a body though.you can use disk spindles from a 73 up b, or f body,BUT,they are taller by about 1 inch,so its gonna throw your suspension geometry off a bit,unless you lower the ride height,then the geometry comes back to were it should be.If you keep the stock ride height in the front,go with a body spindles.You can still use bigger caliper adapters,and rotors from the bigger b cars(like cordobas)with the a body spindles,if you need more stopping power.Be sure you rob the prop valve for the discs off a disc car.You need a 8.25 out of a 73-up a body if you want the easy big bolt rear swap,all others will need to be narrowed,or rear wheels with more backspacing,and spring perches relocated to work.If you have the cash for new stuff,master power brakes has everything you need to do the front swap(so does stainless steel brakes) including the brake hoses,prop valve,upper control arms,rotors,calipers,etc

-
Back