Any problems putting 3’ exhaust on 70 Dart ?

-
Car chemistry, I thought about it, I’m going to be running my car with all the safety stuff to prevent detonation , MSD timing controller etc and other things that that will negate what nitrous will do to the motor. Using a rich not too rich maybe 1o air fuel as an additional back up . I been around too many cars that the fumes will burn your eyes especially one with a Holley. so I figured that I would send the fumes out back and to it to the point where you’re eyes are ok.
The safety stuff is good for sure, I wouldn't run without it on my car. Believe it or not the fumes at idle ect. is all in the tune up, too rich at idle. I drive my car around with open headers on the street quite a bit and I don't even smell like exhaust when I get home. I would also say that with a rich carb the car will be louder idle than with a carb tuned properly. Although my car is loud with open headers it's not as bad as you would think once YR helped me dial in the carb.

Pretty much everything Rusty said.

Plus you can tell by my car it doesn’t make it to shows! Lol
Oh but it should! I dig it! :thumbsup:

I definitely am drawn to the “in progress” or “ratty” look. Not taking anything away from the show stoppers, just my taste.

I definitely am drawn to the “in progress” or “ratty” look. Not taking anything away from the show stoppers, just my taste.

Me too! Almost every car I've ever owned never got out of that stage....I just like it too much. lol

Me too! Almost every car I've ever owned never got out of that stage....I just like it too much. lol
I think if I was ever to do a full blown show stopper type build it would have to stay in the garage until it was completely 100% finished. I just have too much fun driving them.

I think if I was ever to do a full blown show stopper type build it would have to stay in the garage until it was completely 100% finished. I just have too much fun driving them.

I'd be in jail if somebody scratched or dented something really nice I owned. lol

I’m too busy working on getting working at the track. Paint will/would be the last thing I worry about.

Think about that when you cruise through the car show with your Nova tail pipes. :poke::lol:

You hush up. I'm actually going to put an angle cut rectangle tip on what I have now to kinda look like a Commando car.

Sure, I shouldn't have used the word backpressure if it's getting the experts here all jacked up. Plain and simple, the OP probably wouldn't notice a increase of performance in a 3" system v/s a 2 1/2" system other than the cool factor and a little difference in sound. I don't think a 3" system is necessary unless maybe you stick a 505 stroker in and you probably shouldn't be running it on the street anyway. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to that.

Well that’s different then. You are suggesting that the 2.5 inch exhaust doesn’t have enough back pressure to warrant the increase in size to 3.0 inch. And I’m not disagreeing with that.

There is a HUGE difference between saying 2.5 inch exhaust will not pose a significant restriction to the point that an increases to 3.0 inch exhaust would show very little to no improvement and saying a “little” back pressure is a good thing. The former I agree with. The later I 100% disagree with.

Well that’s different then. You are suggesting that the 2.5 inch exhaust doesn’t have enough back pressure to warrant the increase in size to 3.0 inch. And I’m not disagreeing with that.

There is a HUGE difference between saying 2.5 inch exhaust will not pose a significant restriction to the point that an increases to 3.0 inch exhaust would show very little to no improvement and saying a “little” back pressure is a good thing. The former I agree with. The later I 100% disagree with.

Well now, hold on hoss. It depends on what kinda back pressure we're discussin here. Lets say for example, you spend all afternoon at your favorite Mexican joint eatin tacos, deviled Mexican eggs, jalapeno peppers and drinkin lots of beer. I would say the benefit to a lot of back pressure would be immeasurable. Just one man's opinion.

Well now, hold on hoss. It depends on what kinda back pressure we're discussin here. Lets say for example, you spend all afternoon at your favorite Mexican joint eatin tacos, deviled Mexican eggs, jalapeno peppers and drinkin lots of beer. I would say the benefit to a lot of back pressure would be immeasurable. Just one man's opinion.

LOL...I try to NOT end up in that back pressure situation. At my age you can have a little squeaker end up in a steaming pile in my shorts. So I avoid that.

LOL...I try to NOT end up in that back pressure situation. At my age you can have a little squeaker end up in a steaming pile in my shorts. So I avoid that.

Ain't nuthin a little hosin off in the front yard won't fix.

No, its about the nitrous setup he's planning on running.
Ive got a couple exhaust systems that are "too big" for what I'm running now. They are NOT too big for what I'm going to run.
He said it I didn't I just repeated it to make sure that we knew where the subject come from...

Oh, i agree! I think ego is definitely a part of it, but i bet he's hoping he makes enough power to need the three inch too!
My favorite is "I want my car to do wheelies!"...
I remember leaving the starting line at PIR and look over to my left and see this Camaro doing this monster wheelie and I thought cool!... Unfortunately for him while he went up I went forward and was gone....

-
Back