anybody ever use Dr. Diffs ring and pinions?

-

abodylurker

Reaction score
I'm about to get the rear put back in my car so I thought I would derail that by considering putting a 3:55 in it to replace the 3:23. I kinda want to do this once and be done with it. Everything is new Mopar or Timken so all I would have to do at this point is swap the gearset and set it up. I have a 742 suregrip center which leaves me with limited choices as far as makers go but I noticed Dr. Differential has a good price and was wondering if anybody had any experience with his stuff or knew who makes them for him. Thanks for any responses.

I just looked at his website and I didn't know he made his own gear set. Anyways, I've bought plenty of things from him and if one thing is sure, his customer service, knowledge, and quality of parts are usually top notch.

I have bought a ton of stuff from the Doctor....You can not get better service....

about 5 sets of axles...ring and pinions...a Dana 60..and the list goes on...

he does not make his own gear set.....that brand is made in Italy

I've only made one purchase from him, and had no problems. Almost every company has at least some unhappy customers, but I have read nothing but good things about him.

have used his services 3 times so far
Always very helpful, has lots of good information
never tries to sell you something you don't need

his full bearing kit, even comes with a book
how to set up gears...

very quick shipping

My store brand ring and pinions have been boxed as Yukon, Nitro, Hoosier, etc. I also stock Motive/Richmond and US Gear. All versions are good quality

There you have it. More straight shootin' from Cass! I've bought axles and green bearings and ordered my Strange 60 through him. Very good customer service.

Great guy to deal with. Fast service too.
Why don't you just phone him with your questions?

If you are using it as a street car I would stick with the 3:23. I made the swap to 3:55 and wish I hadn't. But if you are going to do it I have heard nothing but good about the Dr

If you are using it as a street car I would stick with the 3:23. I made the swap to 3:55 and wish I hadn't. But if you are going to do it I have heard nothing but good about the Dr
red67gts-I thought the same up till a couple of days ago because I already owned the 3:23 but I realized that I don't want to ever do this again. I've got a 3800 lb B body with a 2:67 first gear A833 with a 360 and 27" rear tires and if I get it all together and I feel like it needs a lower gear in the rear, I'm gonna :banghead: Granted I might be wrong but it's alot of car to move.

Thanks for all the responses, good to hear the positive for a change and I felt like it would be a good choice but I live by the" Buyer Beware" code of life. I have way too many stories to tell about how this or that company was the greatest until I dealt with them. In fact it may be better for everybody if I dealt with someone else. LOL Definitely did not mean to offend anyone with the question but I try to do my research before I let my money leave my hand because it is really hard to come by. Truth be told, the ring and pinion is almost a $100 cheaper than everybody else and that made me wonder about the quality but if he is just offering a wholesale price on a often reboxed retail part so much the better. Thanks again for the responses.

I was glad I bought several pieces from him including R&P and custom axles just for the great technical advice from him and his website. Customer service from somebody that knows their Mopars is a great thing to have.

My Dad did for his Coronet. He reported that the service was good, parts were great and the Dr. even helped with some questions he had.

I bought from Randy's Ring and Pinion years ago and was happy, but if i had to do it again I'd give the Dr. the nod.

-
Back