Anybody have heart problems?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Went to my Dr. a couple days ago and found out i could have a heart problem called Cardiomyapathy,which is a disease of the heart muscle.
My heart beat is twice the normal rate,they did an EKG while i was there now i have to go back in 2 weeks for more tests.
After a little research i found it could be treated with medication depending on how bad it is or if it's bad a heart transplant!

So it looks like i could be in for a long road depending if it is Cardiomyapathy or not,i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not but with my luck it probably is.

Kev, I wish you the best. My mother had heart problems for years and was on medication. She had it fixed last year and has had no problems since.

Man I am really sorry to hear that. My buddy Chuck out in SoCal had that his life got worse at age late 30. He too did meds, but was always tired etc. It is because you are literaly running 2 times as fast as you say.

Anyway he found after many years and a few referrals a surgen in the San Diego area that has a method that they basically cause some sort of a scare tissue to the muscles of the heart and it helps control the pace. He had it done a year ago, after 30 days or so of mild recovery he is better than ever and says he feels 20 something and not 70 and tired all the time.

ou should do some research and look into it. I hav eheard the meds are kinda hard on the liver and kidneys. If you PM I can call him and get the Dr. info for you.

man take of yourself, GOD speed and hope you get better!

I've heard of it called that also. It really depends on your life style.
Stress, smoker, drinker, work a holic, not enough sleep, google will give more info. than I can right now.
I had issue a while ago, within the last five years to be exact.
I drank beer every night after work, casual, never a fallen' down type drunk.
One day 6 years ago, I woke up felt okay, bent down to put my shoes on and whamo' heart was beating twice as normal. I thought I was going to die right there w/my new born girl and wife was not home, nobody else around at all.
I regained my breathing, I was pail as a white sheet and weak.
Alcohol causes the heart to jump when more of it than blood are running through your veins. Weird but after the Dr. said stop drinking or you're going to die within 5 to 8 years or less, I stopped cold turkey and have been fine ever since.
It happend a few other times shortly after, my heart rate was 136 to 155 beats a minute. Bought a home monitor when Dr. said to do so.
I would never know when I was going to start feeling like crap, it was very spontianious and scary.
I don't re-call right now which word Dr. said type of re-lated problem was, but he mentioned what you have also.
I've never smoked or drank hard liquor. But a beer a day is okay, 3 or 4 isn't over twenty years for some people I guess.
I have a high metabolisim for starters. That didn't help much Dr. said.
I told the Dr. one day, I'm not ready to die yet, I have a car to restore, he said what about your family, oh yeah, them to, I was a little out of it, ha-ha.
Fluttering was what he described mine once.
I wish you well my friend.....

Mark

All the best to you, hope your doc has better news for you, keep positive thoughts.Best wishes for a good out come!

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts Kev. Try not to worry too much about it until you know for sure. Fortunately,medicine has made some great strides and things like this aren't as threatening as they once were. We need you around! So take it easy and hope for the best. dan

I've heard of it called that also. It really depends on your life style.
Stress, smoker, drinker, work a holic, not enough sleep, google will give more info. than I can right now.
I had issue a while ago, within the last five years to be exact.
I drank beer every night after work, casual, never a fallen' down type drunk.
One day 6 years ago, I woke up felt okay, bent down to put my shoes on and whamo' heart was beating twice as normal. I thought I was going to die right there w/my new born girl and wife was not home, nobody else around at all.
I regained my breathing, I was pail as a white sheet and weak.
Alcohol causes the heart to jump when more of it than blood are running through your veins. Weird but after the Dr. said stop drinking or you're going to die within 5 to 8 years or less, I stopped cold turkey and have been fine ever since.
It happend a few other times shortly after, my heart rate was 136 to 155 beats a minute. Bought a home monitor when Dr. said to do so.
I would never know when I was going to start feeling like crap, it was very spontianious and scary.
I don't re-call right now which word Dr. said type of re-lated problem was, but he mentioned what you have also.
I've never smoked or drank hard liquor. But a beer a day is okay, 3 or 4 isn't over twenty years for some people I guess.
I have a high metabolisim for starters. That didn't help much Dr. said.
I told the Dr. one day, I'm not ready to die yet, I have a car to restore, he said what about your family, oh yeah, them to, I was a little out of it, ha-ha.
Fluttering was what he described mine once.
I wish you well my friend.....

Mark

Never smoked and haven't had a drink in 5 or 6 years but i am overweight and i know that that might be a factor to this problem.
I'm not sure if this is the problem the Dr. said it could be something else,hopefully i'll know more when i go back in 2 weeks.
My heart rate when i was there was 140 normal rate is 60 to 80.

I've never heard of it Kev. But take care of yourself, the world would not be as good without you.

Jack

Thanks Jack that really means alot! And thanks to everyone else for your well wishes they are appreciated!

My dad had a major h.attack 31 years ago(smoked,drank,work-a-holic)quit everything cold turkey.He took lots of different meds over the years,didn,t work.Now he,s down to 2pills a day.Dr,s say he has only 1/2 a heart for over 30 years.He,s a walking miracle.Hope your feeling better.There,s some pretty smart Dr,s out there Good Luck! Oh ya he,s 76 now.

My first born grand daughter has that too. First episode, 3 yrs ago, was a heart beat above 200 bpm and throbing little chest.
No caffine, no long periods of running, no thrill rides, etc...
Just turned 9 yrs old.

Kev, sorry to hear about your inital prognosis and best wishes getting it under control. My mother was diagnosed with Cardiomyapathy and with medication and the Dr giving her some dietary guidelines Im happy to say that since she was diagnosed back in 1989 she hasnt has ANY problems. I remember that when we first found out it was horrible, thoughts of surgery and constant worrying that she might not be around for long. She is now 71 and doing great. I hope things go as well for you as for my Mom. Best of luck and hang in there!

Hang in there kev,:rock: I hope you will be getting some great news in a couple weeks.:cheers:

I need to finish my car :blob::toothy7: That had to be funny to here.

Prayers go out to you and your Dr. Evil,
We can't do with out ya bud.:hello2:

I don't have that issue, but have my own...

A couple of years ago my GP did an EKG and it was "irregular". So I went off for a stress test. That turned out ok, then they did a nuclear stress test, that one was irregular. So then I had a cardiac catheterization where they shoved a tube into my leg, threaded that on up to my heart to have a look see at what was going on. They found that one of the main arteries was half the size it should be. It's been like that my whole life I guess and there's nothing that can be done to fix it. So I'm on meds to keep my cholesterol low so plaque doesn't build up, another one to keep blood pressure down and a third to thin the blood. I get my blood checked every 3 months to make sure the cholesterol meds aren't messing up my liver, and see the cardiologist every 3 months as well.

Do what the docs tell you, their job is to keep you alive.

Hey Scamp...........We'll say a prayer for ya' and hope the Doc's use wisdom.

My heart races quite a bit too, but not that bad most of the time......Have to keep my stress level down........But my wife still makes my heart skip, and of course my Mopar's do too........

So listen to the Doc...we'll say our prayers, and we'll all be rootin' for a good report.

Later............. Doc & MaryAnn 8)

Kev, sorry to hear about your inital prognosis and best wishes getting it under control. My mother was diagnosed with Cardiomyapathy and with medication and the Dr giving her some dietary guidelines Im happy to say that since she was diagnosed back in 1989 she hasnt has ANY problems. I remember that when we first found out it was horrible, thoughts of surgery and constant worrying that she might not be around for long. She is now 71 and doing great. I hope things go as well for you as for my Mom. Best of luck and hang in there!

That's good to hear! My brain has been going a hundred miles and hour since my Dr. visit!
My girlfriend has been trying to get me to eat healthier and cut out the soda for quite some time now maybe this is what it will finally take for me to get my head out of my butt and listen to her!
We have talked on more than one occasion about one day having a baby and that she wants me to be healthy so i will be around to see her grow up,when the Dr. told me this it made me think about my future and about our future baby and how i want to be here to run and play with her and to see her grow up into a beautiful woman like her Mother.
The Dr. made me cut out all caffeine to see if that helps my heart rate but i have also started to change my eating habits for the better,i just hope that i have enough will power to keep these changes going.

I forgot to mention as well, caffine was a daily thing for me, not coffee, but soda. Dr. Pepper or Coca-Cola. Don't touch caffine at all anymore.

I wish you well buddy. My Dr. also has a '67 Vet'. He said yeah, you need to stick around cause I need you to paint it, so get healthy!
I'll charge him twice what he charged me when that time comes, ha.....

It has always seemed to me that in your words I see :-kthat you are a strong man with allot of will power :naka:
I enjoy ice water with a touch of lemon juice in it, But I do drink a cold beer know and then and have some other bad habits too.8-[
It sounds like you got lucky on finding a great girl friend and I hope you can see
your way to do what needs to be dun bud.:cheers:

Sorry to hear you're having cardio problems Kev. The biggest thing now is to not panic and let the news rule your life. That just causes more stress and more trouble. Keep a positive attitude, and (dare I say this) listen to the girlfriend! I had to make sure the wife wasn't around when I typed that, cause she tells me I'm a hard-headed old fool when it comes to medical advice. :)
Oh, and leave the cookies alone on the Dark Side.
Beat of luck bud.

I guess you could say I have a heart problem but it's nothing like what you are facing. Mine basically blew up. They were able to fix that. What it boils down to is that you are going to have to do what the doctors tell you from now on. It sucks and it's put a serious crimp in my life to live like that, but hey, I'm still on the green side of the dirt and I can still spend time with my wife and kids. Living the doctor's way is worth it to me. Here's hoping you feel the same way and everything works out smooth for you. God bless, David

I haven't got that problem specifically, but I have had two Bypasses a quad and a double, and now sport the lastest Defib implant in My chest, Mallory not MSD! :).
I have My dad's genes I guess, He died of a heart attack at age 46, and he already had a history of heart problems.
I'm quite a bit older than You so it's better for You because You have age n Your side, the doctors knowledge, the treatments and procedures are advancing everyday, I'm sure they will come up with some things to make life easier for You, the accelerated heartbeat is like running Your motor a 4K on the highway,and we know how long that lasts.
Like I said Your younger and not in the same boat as me, I try to get as much out of everyday, and when someone asks Me how I'm doing, I tell them " any day I wake up and don't taste dirt is a good day for Me!"
hang in there, listen to the docs, get second opinions, take the meds, and You'll do fine.

I have a condition of pvc premature ventricular contractions but it doesnt slow me down any. Found this after i had a stroke. My wife cant believe it cause she says I dont have a heart just a thumping gizzard.

Sorry i haven't been around in a couple days just been busy.
I go back to the Dr. on Thurs. afternoon i'm kinda worried about what she is gonna tell me but i guess i need to know either way what's going on.

I have cut out all caffeine and am trying hard to change my eating habits but damn it's hard!
Oldvart i am listening to my girlfriend i know that she only wants the best for me and wants me to be healthy,guess i should have listened to her along time ago and maybe i wouldn't have this problem.
I am so glad to have her honestly there are days that i don't know what i would do without her!

-
Back