Anybody running 17" Cobra Bullit rims on a Duster

-
Not sure on final tire size yet. Since it's going to be a street driver,my first thought is same size all around. But nothing is set in stone yet. It appears I could go bigger in the back if I want.

If the intent is to be able to rotate the tires, you need the same offset F/R as well. That won't necessarily let you max things out, but that may not be a big deal. In my particular situation, the 17x8 5.7"BS wheels do a good job of letting me run 245/45's on all 4 corners. With the perfect rear axle, that same wheel would fit a 275/40 on all 4, but the early B-body rear puts a 275 just a little too close to the outer wheelwell for real regular street action. Tolerable, but not ideal. Without relocating springs and maybe some minitubs, I think I'm maxed out at 275-285 in the rear.

IMHO, if you can't make the same wheel work on both ends, may as well go big/bigger.

Clair

SWEET! I want pics!!!!

Here we go - please bear in mind, I plan on lowering the back about 2" with drop shackles.

Plus, once I find another set of wheels, i will go ahead and put slightly taller tires on her as well. I'm thinking at least 275/50 if not 275/60/17's all around. Right now it's got 275/40/17's which are only a little over 25.5" tall. If I go to 275/50, that brings me up to 27.8" tall. If I go to 275/60, that would be about 30" tall...

ram charger pic 1.jpg

ram charger pic 2.jpg

Here we go - please bear in mind, I plan on lowering the back about 2" with drop shackles.

Plus, once I find another set of wheels, i will go ahead and put slightly taller tires on her as well. I'm thinking at least 275/50 if not 275/60/17's all around. Right now it's got 275/40/17's which are only a little over 25.5" tall. If I go to 275/50, that brings me up to 27.8" tall. If I go to 275/60, that would be about 30" tall...

AWESOME! Get some for the back and the bigger tire.... Wow!!! And I don't even like suv's!! :cheers:

he make nice products. having said that, i hope the finished product has gussets on the ball joint end as an extra measure of strength. visions of those broken arms from CAP are still fresh in my little mind.

everyone gets so hung up on gussets. you don't need them if the right metal is used and it is welded together properly.

those cap pictures had nothing to do with not having a gusset. those things were poorly welded and they may have been made with a poor choice of material. a gusset isn't helping a bad weld.

everyone gets so hung up on gussets. you don't need them if the right metal is used and it is welded together properly.

those cap pictures had nothing to do with not having a gusset. those things were poorly welded and they may have been made with a poor choice of material. a gusset isn't helping a bad weld.

I'm gonna have to agree with Joe on this one. Bill's A-arms are very strong, and I haven't read or heard about anything ever breaking when it comes to RMS products. His stuff is tough...

Holy Jeebus! That is exactly!!!! what I want my Valiant to sit like! Wheels, stance, everything is perfect! Man I need me some big wheels!!! NOW

gawd thats nice !!!
don't give me any crazy ideas, i've got too much blood and money into my valiant already.

yep, pauly was the one who influenced me as well! what a pain in the *** it has been trying to get the damn things to fit!!

i'm still gonna focus on the valiant.
quick update:
recent b-body 8.75 with big brakes
just installed poly rear spring bushings and front spring hanger with lower eye location ( 1" )
found a parts car with a good d side rear floor pan and cut it out and have since welded it into my car. also patched a small area under the brake pedal that was rotten, so my floors are good now.
new poly trans mount (wanted to do this before i checked and set pinion angle because i think its been off and making a nasty vibration)

soon:
theres a guy locally that want to part with a A833, lakewood blowbell, and shifter that i'm probably going to jump on. he want 700 for it and i think thats an ok deal. says he drove it with the a883 before and said it work fine. i know some people have had trouble with the lakewood bell using TTi headers which i have but i plan to use a hyd. setup. heres the link to the tranny, he's got a damn nice valiant as well.

not so current pic of my car included. i'll take something newer when i dust it off, but i can tell you the stance/ attitude is much nicer now with it lowered a little.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/1607964284.html

IMG_1207_1.jpg

that looks nice! good job on the progress...BTW, any leads on a non column shift steering column for 67-69 a body?

gawd thats nice !!!
don't give me any crazy ideas, i've got too much blood and money into my valiant already.

I like the Valiant better in post car form. Looks more strippo and fits the theme better.

No hard top 2 door valiants made! :)

They made 2 door hardtop Valiants from 64? to 66.

But I was just comparing post to post. I personally like the 68 Valiant Post over the 68 Dart Post. Just my opinion.

"I personally like the 68 Valiant Post over the 68 Dart Post. Just my opinion."

me too, but if i had choice between dart hardtop or sedan, i'd still take the sedan. lighter stronger and, well, just a little different.
wife says the darts gotta go though, she needs a car and i don't have any extra room.

-
Back