Anyone else noticing higher prices at Summit lately

-
I hope they recover and things get back to normal. I do remember buying a set of MP adjustable rocker arms for 160.00$ They were stamped crane on the bottom. Still using them.

Sure did, bought my intake last week $415.00. With tax
4 months ago it was $379.00 With tax.
Seemed to me back in 2018 some prices went up a bit too.

I am in Australia, so buying parts for American cars from the US involves shipping.
How does $115 to ship a rear main seal to Qz with UPS sound????
For those buying from across the pond, I find Summit the BEST. Their computerised system is second to none. They usually have 5-8 shipping options available & the shipping is nearly always cheaper than others. I guess it is the shipping volume that S does that allows them to get great pricing on shipping. So even on the occasion that the price is greater, overall cost can be cheaper due to savings with shipping.
The shipping is calculated while ordering, none of this 'We'll get back to you with a shipping quote'. So the stuff gets shipped quicker.
On occasions where a wrong/faulty part was shipped, S promptly sent a new part.

Even Harbor Freight has quit sending me 20% off coupons. Now they have a new club for $25 a year for a similar discount. The Chinese must be hurting.

Same in Australia Summit have gone downhill bigtime only use them for part numbers now then buy from a smaller business a lot of the smaller ones are keen to look after their customers & price accordingly must be the cost too train all their low cost foreign workers

I always check at the very least both Jegs and Summit, because once in a while you will find something is WAY cheaper at one or the other. Years ago I was looking for an on motor valve spring removal tool (the big lever that bolts to your rocker shaft mounts)....both Jegs and Summit had it for basically the same price, but I found the same part at Mancini Racing for $40 less....I bought it from Mancini.

Don’t go to either Summit or Jegs. Use my local speed shop and pick it up tomorrow.

I have a very nice local speed shop but they seem to want to cater to the “dirt track crowd”. Lerner villa is 3 miles up the road from it so drag racers aren’t that important to them.

They’re just recovering all the money they didn’t receive from the discounts they’ve been giving in the past. So all the great deals we got on stuff will be a wash over time.

I have a very nice local speed shop but they seem to want to cater to the “dirt track crowd”. Lerner villa is 3 miles up the road from it so drag racers aren’t that important to them.

We have one like that here too....went there to buy some small Holley parts for tuning and it mostly all dirt track stuff....or anything for a chebby.

No but I will be soon. 6 motorhome tires, 14-32 slicks, and front runners just to get started.
Ouch!
A Buddy of mine just replaced his motorhome tires because they cracked in the sidewalls, 7 year old Hancook tires. He would not tell me what the new ties $ cost, said he was to embarrassed to admit he paid that much for a set of tires.

I price shop and also... availability shop... I don’t care spending an extra bit within reasonable for what I’m buying if the item is in stock and I will get it. Of course there are some parts nobody has and you have no choice but to wait. Great example, bought my Duster first week November, bought new dash pad the next week, and it just arrived two weeks ago... so four month wait... meanwhile I was able to get everything else for the car. Of course I keep adding to the list haha. Right now rear seat upolstery is 20 weeks out... yuck...

I have found myself buying from Classic Industries a lot though. Usually very in line price and usually a discount or free shipping for orders over 200 or 300 dollars always going to achieve essentially free shipping each time. Probably bought half my car from them over the last few months lol.

Same in Australia Summit have gone downhill bigtime only use them for part numbers now then buy from a smaller business a lot of the smaller ones are keen to look after their customers & price accordingly must be the cost too train all their low cost foreign workers

Hello, I am an associate in the R&D section of Summit Racing. I can clarify that we don't outsource our associates. I can confirm we have four very large brick and mortar locations full of enthusiasts who have dedicated their careers to serving racers.

In addition to R&D, much of my job entails tutorials, how-to's and new product announcements. I work with many forums and their members to problem-solve....and here I am! :)

2020 was pretty brutal on all of us. We at Summit have always prided ourselves on carrying the most inventory and continue to do so. Our many suppliers have been working to come back from component shortages needed to make their products. They are bringing their workforces back to the factory floors as quickly as their state legislatures will let them. Summit has placed many large orders with these folks which not only serves our customers - it also serves as a life-line to these factories.

Material costs have gone up, no surprise there. We absorbed a lot of the tariffs have passed on to us over the last few years and will continue to do so.

As for pricing, we adhere to the manufacturer's MAP pricing which they've deemed the minimum required to service the sale. We continue with free freight, price matching and sales whenever they are possible. It's true our advertised prices may not be the lowest every time - but in the vast majority of cases they are. We appreciate our customers who give us the opportunity to price match. We will make it worth their while with the best service after the sale and our handshake guarantee return policy.

At any rate, we appreciate your feedback and support. I'll continue to monitor this thread and I'll do my best to get you answers and get you in touch with the appropriate folks within our company to solve problems.

Thanks, Brian Nutter

Last edited:
Hello, I am an associate in the R&D section of Summit Racing. I can clarify that we don't outsource our associates. I can confirm we have four very large brick and mortar locations full of enthusiasts who have dedicated their careers to serving racers.

In addition to R&D, much of my job entails tutorials, how-to's and new product announcements. I work with many forums and their members to problem-solve....and here I am! :)

2020 was pretty brutal on all of us. We at Summit have always prided ourselves on carrying the most inventory and continue to do so. Our many suppliers have been working to come back from component shortages needed to make their products. They are bringing their workforces back to the factory floors as quickly as their state legislatures will let them. Summit has placed many large orders with these folks which not only serves our customers - it also serves as a life-line to these factories.

Material costs have gone up, no surprise there. We absorbed a lot of the tariffs have passed on to us over the last few years and will continue to do so.

As for pricing, we adhere to the manufacturer's MAP pricing which they've deemed the minimum required to service the sale. We continue with free freight, price matching and sales whenever they are possible. It's true our advertised prices may not be the lowest every time - but in the vast majority of cases they are. We appreciate our customers who give us the opportunity to price match. We will make it worth their while with the best service after the sale and our handshake guarantee return policy.

At any rate, we appreciate your feedback and support. I'll continue to monitor this thread and I'll do my best to get you answers and get you in touch with the appropriate folks within our company to solve problems.

Thanks, Brian Nutter
Summit has always been my "go to" supplier of peformance parts for decades.
But it is more than just that, Summits continued support of Pro Stock drag racing shows a true passion for the sport. I like to send my $ support to companies who invest in motorsports.

Summit and Mancini are my go to places.
Summit ships from Reno and it's here in 48 hours.
Both places have excellent costumer service. imo

Thanks, Brian Nutter
Yes sir, prices are the prices, I still buy from summit...unbeatable in my opinion for shipping, kegs does fine just hasn't been that prompt

I've bought from Summit Racing for over 30 years, and only had 1 serious complaint with an Edelbrock SB Odsmobile intake. After a few phone calls, it was fixed. I'll admit they pissed me off at the time, and forced me to buy one locally for an exorbitant price locally to make it to a local car show. I wish they would send me a paper catalogue in the mail. I'd put it in my old man magazine rack by the throne.

I've bought from Summit Racing for over 30 years, and only had 1 serious complaint with an Edelbrock SB Odsmobile intake. After a few phone calls, it was fixed. I'll admit they pissed me off at the time, and forced me to buy one locally for an exorbitant price locally to make it to a local car show. I wish they would send me a paper catalogue in the mail. I'd put it in my old man magazine rack by the throne.

Yeah I still love the catalogs too. We still have them going out at least four times a year and we’ve added mini-catalogs that are more focused on tools or your specific vehicles. One thing we did mid last year was let people know how many of something we have left on the shelf down to the single digit. The inventory levels from the vendors if we need to dropship is pretty accurate so the “live”technology has definitely helped. I’m waiting on stuff myself but luckily I’ve been able to substitute for other brands a lot. That’s another thing that’s fairly new is a notification showing a comparable part available from another brand helps us make a decision on whether that’s a way to go.

-
Back