Anyone flowbench the trickflow 190 heads yet???

-
.....................................................................................................vvvvvvv.......................................vvvvvvv........................I think.........It's still alive.....................Hit'm with the de fib, one more time.v"""""""""V.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ok if I win the race this weekend and grab a 10% off coupon at the summit Trailer I will buy one TrickFlow head and throw it on my flowbench. Then I will see what I can get out of it with the stock 2.02 valve. Then I will have the seats opened for a 2.08 valve and flow test it. Then if I see it needs more port work I will do it and test it again.

Go Puttsburgh go Ho ho ho
why not just by two and install them afterward
I love spending other people money:poke::lol:

I don't understand all the fuss, really. I mean, I see the mighty Gods' points, but nonetheless, the op's question was a legitimate one and I feel like he kinda got **** on here. Not everybody has a flow bench up their *** and we all know none of these heads hardly ever flow as advertised, so I didn't see the problem with the question, but I'm stupid like that.

Ok if I win the race this weekend and grab a 10% off coupon at the summit Trailer I will buy one TrickFlow head and throw it on my flowbench. Then I will see what I can get out of it with the stock 2.02 valve. Then I will have the seats opened for a 2.08 valve and flow test it. Then if I see it needs more port work I will do it and test it again.
Sorry brother I had to hit you with the disagree button.. you certainly don't have to get one of those heads to prove anything to anybody! Your car is already badass! You got some coin burning a hole in your pocket or something?..

I don't understand all the fuss, really. I mean, I see the mighty Gods' points, but nonetheless, the op's question was a legitimate one and I feel like he kinda got **** on here. Not everybody has a flow bench up their *** and we all know none of these heads hardly ever flow as advertised, so I didn't see the problem with the question, but I'm stupid like that.
yeah we certainly don't want anybody going through the painstaking of reading through a bunch of crap to get their million-dollar information. That should be posted first...

Well I’ll say it: the trick flow 190s are barely any better than the Procomp /Speedmaster 190 CNC heads. Kim

From a flow standpoint, or power standpoint? Can you provide proof of this?

So what’s the verdict Brian? Care to share with inquiring minds. Thanks. Kim

You first....

:popcorn:.............................:popcorn:.............................:popcorn:....................:popcorn:
Inquiring mine would really like to know your thought and opinions........................:thumbsup:

:popcorn:.............................:popcorn:.............................:popcorn:....................:popcorn:
Inquiring mine would really like to know your thought and opinions........................:thumbsup:
Well if the guru's don't chime in we'll just have to Duke it out with the peasants...
(I resemble that remark..)

The "Guru's spent a lot of blood sweat and beers going thru all of this. finding and prove their theories
and if DUDE 3-4-5-6 would SHUT UP! Maybe he will grace us with his experience.
Brian i know your waiting for oldkimmer to respond but he is just as curious as most of the rest of us.
Please come back.
I'm all ears:p

Actually RRR there are TON'S of threads where people are asking/providing/disputing flow numbers from cylinder heads. I'm also fine with being called an asshole, I've been called much worse by people I've actually met and care about.

Here's what normally happens with a cylinder head thread---
Dude 1 asks what a certain cylinder head flows
Dude 2 answer with that head flows X
Dude 3 says that's B.S. 'cuz on my buddies bench it was way lower/higher
Dude 4 says Yeah but they do/don't make any power on the dyno
Dude 5 says I don't care about the dyno, only the ET
Dude 6 says but what about this other cylinder head
And back to Dude 1

J.Rob

Well if the guru's don't chime in we'll just have to Duke it out with the peasants...
(I resemble that remark..)

The "Guru's spent a lot of blood sweat and beers going thru all of this. finding and prove their theories
and if DUDE 3-4-5-6 would SHUT UP! Maybe he will grace us with his experience.
Brian i know your waiting for oldkimmer to respond but he is just as curious as most of the rest of us.
Please come back.
I'm all ears:p
:rolleyes: .. (fixed)
asskiss.gif
....lol..

I guess my question is this:
Have we gotten so skeptical that we doubt the word of a company like Trick Flow? What possible reason would they have to fudge their numbers. The KNOW that if word got out their numbers were garbage (and you know that someone would test the and post results), their reputation is shot. I tend to believe test results from reputable companies I like.

I want to see the .050 flow
and at the lowest lift the head gets near max flow (how many cam degrees do I get near max flow)
the highest number is open for so short a period of time as to be meaningless as to total intake charge
so why make a big deal comparing a max number
and then there is velocity
and I want the highest number for the smallest port
and on a street car I want to know how it works part throttle and off idle
and I ignore numbers higher than my valve lift entirely
boss 302 and 429 flowed well but were undriveable
(although they can be made to run better now than back in the day)

I guess my question is this:
Have we gotten so skeptical that we doubt the word of a company like Trick Flow? What possible reason would they have to fudge their numbers. The KNOW that if word got out their numbers were garbage (and you know that someone would test the and post results), their reputation is shot. I tend to believe test results from reputable companies I like.

I don't think it's as much about skepticism about companies as it is trustworthiness in the members of this forum. Guy asked a legitimate question and two normally very respected members who've contributed a good bit slap blow him off. I find that repugnant. The op was simply looking for answers from someone whose answer he would trust.

Last edited:
I only posted because I thought Kim's post was a bit misleading. I did post flow #'s on our facebook page, and they are very good, but what I see more and more is guys talking about flow #'s this and flow #'s that. What about POWER? To some extent, I don't care what a head flows, but it needs to make power. It needs to fill the cylinder as much as possible given the application.
The question you guys should be asking the people you plan to buy from is: does it make power????
So far the TrickFlow heads are proving to be a very well priced head that will make good power. It is what it is...

I only posted because I thought Kim's post was a bit misleading. I did post flow #'s on our facebook page, and they are very good, but what I see more and more is guys talking about flow #'s this and flow #'s that. What about POWER? To some extent, I don't care what a head flows, but it needs to make power. It needs to fill the cylinder as much as possible given the application.
The question you guys should be asking the people you plan to buy from is: does it make power????
So far the TrickFlow heads are proving to be a very well priced head that will make good power. It is what it is...

My question......if I had a dog in the hunt would be "what does so and so's car run with those heads?" But I'll never own a set. I agree with what you're saying, but still, that's not what the OP asked.

My thought the whole time has been "well, the TF big block heads turned out to be really good, so the small block ones probably are, too", but what the hell do I know?

I don't think it's as much about skepticism about companies as it is trustworthiness in the members of this forum. Guy asked a legitimate question and two normally very respected members who've contributed a good bit slap blow him off. I find that repugnant. The op was simply looking for answers from someone whose answer he would trust.
I think on an open Forum you should be the one picking who should be answering his questions upon their credibility...
I wonder where that leaves yr...

I don’t have any flow numbers. This guy we race with had Procomps on. Changed to Trick flows. His car runs pretty good for what it is. After a day of test and tune he gained less than a tenth. Kim

I wanted someone that has real world flow numbers to post them up, but obviously it’s to much of a secret to share. Kim
Okay there's a big buzz the new thing trick flow heads! Now this is got to be great for machine shop business.

I agree 100%. The flow bench is a wonderful tool, but just looking at flow numbers is a piss poor way to judge a cylinder head.

Many others have posted this same thing, but so few really even have a rudimentary grasp of cylinder head dynamics that all they can get is flow numbers.

I've had some pretty big name stuff go across my bench and the flow numbers were impressive. But power production was crapola. There are several reasons why a cylinder head may only make 1.4 HP/CFM and the same head may make 2.0 HP/CFM if ported correctly at the exact same CFM.

The ultimate indicator is a mechanical Trinity. The flow bench, the dyno and the time slip. All equally important. If one is reasonable with the data of all three, you can make great power where others fail.

Again, why did TF decide on a 2.02 intake and not bigger? And IIRC, they used a 1.58 exhaust valve.

HMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edit: the exhaust valve is 1.570. My W2 engine will use a 1.550 exhaust and if I have any kind of luck, I may be able to get by with a 1.500 and that will make me giggle.

I think on an open Forum you should be the one picking who should be answering his questions upon their credibility...
I wonder where that leaves yr...

Leaves me where I always am. In the common sense area. I don't loose my goo overflow numbers. It's silly.

-
Back