anyone get car craft or hot rod

-
.....or to wipe your A$$ with :D

Weren't you born in a Mopar? :burnout: -As suggested between the lines here, I read them at work during downtime, or underway where there isn't any internet.

When I was dating, if a girl answered her phone, I pulled out my Mopar magazine, & that evening was over except for the crying.

I'll play the part of "dead horse beater" (oh, I see a few have already started the beating process....)

If you want to read article after article about how to put a crate motor lsx in your first gen camaro (but this one's BLUE)....then maybe it's $7 well spent.

I'll play the part of "dead horse beater" (oh, I see a few have already started the beating process....)

If you want to read article after article about how to put a crate motor lsx in your first gen camaro (but this one's BLUE)....then maybe it's $7 well spent.

got tired of it,"didn`t read all the posts here,. hot rod kept after me for yrs, trying to get me to re-subscribe, finally gave in when they offered 3 yrs for under $10 . wish I hadn`t, nothing in them that I`m interested in. chevys-mustangs-ls motors- hi $ builds , throw the dog a bone once in a while mopar,not much tech. in that either . won`t happen again!!:finga:

Oh yeah, car craft and hot rod are pro chevy and ford, and pretty much throw in a token mopar once in a while....

Not worth it...

David Freiberger is a contributor to HR Mag, and was the editor for a while. He is a MoPar guy, and there are MoPar articles in nearly every issue. He's also a big fan of all generation's of Hemi engines.

HRM's Engine Master's Challenge: 26 engines
Winner - 401 cid Gen III Hemi.
2nd place - 417 Gen III Hemi

In the same issue (April 2015) there is also an article called "Early Hemi Spotters guide".

Another article entitled "MoPars Chief Horsepower Officer, It's an interview with Pietro Gorlier

I've been a subscriber to Hot Rod magazine since 1955. I remember when the ONLY color photography was on the front cover. The last 5 years or so of Freiberger's presence have been the best since the early 1960's in my opinion.

somehow i got on a mailing list, i get both for free... i dont know how but when they come in the mail i give em both away to my chevy buddy....

got tired of it,"didn`t read all the posts here,. hot rod kept after me for yrs, trying to get me to re-subscribe, finally gave in when they offered 3 yrs for under $10 . wish I hadn`t, nothing in them that I`m interested in. chevys-mustangs-ls motors- hi $ builds , throw the dog a bone once in a while mopar,not much tech. in that either . won`t happen again!!:finga:
That's when I subscribed. 3 years for $10. When I'm done reading it goes to the chiropractors office for someone else to enjoy.

No. I subscribe to Vogue and Cosmopolitan for the pics and articles.

I always let my subscription run up..then usually get a good offer,Car Craft sent me one yesterday 2 years for $17.00..

Lol, I quit the magazines subscriptions when I finally realized Ed from PCH was not coming to my door!:sad10:

David Freiberger is a contributor to HR Mag, and was the editor for a while. He is a MoPar guy, and there are MoPar articles in nearly every issue. He's also a big fan of all generation's of Hemi engines.

In the same issue (April 2015) there is also an article called "Early Hemi Spotters guide".

Another article entitled "MoPars Chief Horsepower Officer, It's an interview with Pietro Gorlier

I've been a subscriber to Hot Rod magazine since 1955. I remember when the ONLY color photography was on the front cover. The last 5 years or so of Freiberger's presence have been the best since the early 1960's in my opinion.

Sorry Frankie, I stopped reading them decades ago... :violent1:

Too little, too late.... :twisted:

Sorry Frankie, I stopped reading them decades ago... :violent1:

Too little, too late.... :twisted:

No need to apologize to me. I have no vested interests. lol
I'm just trying to set the record straight, though. The "all Chevy all the time" thing is old, and incorrect news, though. Due to David Freiberger, HRM does MoPar stuff every month, and much of it is informational rather than fluff.
Whether you decide to read it or not is completely your choice.

I do...for the money I think it is a great deal. I like cars of all kind even though I only own mopar.

Oh, BTW, Popular HotRodding died (i think) last year.

yea and the moron that ran it into the ground was rewarded with the Editor chair at Mopar Muscle:tool:. The guy is a chevy guy trying to act like a Mopar guy. I think he is a dumb ***! I think Randy was a better fit and more likeable person. MM content is going down hill and next year will let it lapse. I like Mopar Action the best for their tech. I don't care for some of their feature cars as they always have to put a stupid twist to the story. I miss High Performance Mopar as I thought it was the best. CC and HR is ok for the crapper :toothy1:.

well I guess if there is any " occasional" mopar article in them, for $10 could be used for kindling??

like he said MCG , its lots of business ads, classicfieds, and they will feature a car article the MA doesn't find. no how to stuff though, but I rather pay $30 for it than $10 for the other two mags. just me..

Hot Rod is worth the $. David F just put a motor home 440 in a Duster and claims he is going to put a Hellcat Hemi in his beater 68 Charger.

Hot Rod is worth the $. David F just put a motor home 440 in a Duster and claims he is going to put a Hellcat Hemi in his beater 68 Charger.

the last one ,I just got had an article about a challenger and charger pulling contest, was so interesting I didn`t even bother. and nothing else in it . won`t subscribe for any price , again . there has been nothing very interesting or informative ( if you`all think that junk is informative, you must not know much about casrs) since the article on the fast 2.0 set up on friebergers charger! jmo

the last one ,I just got had an article about a challenger and charger pulling contest, was so interesting I didn`t even bother. and nothing else in it . won`t subscribe for any price , again . there has been nothing very interesting or informative ( if you`all think that junk is informative, you must not know much about casrs) since the article on the fast 2.0 set up on friebergers charger! jmo

bob, i really know very little compared to many of the men on here

Rainy has me beat by far

some of us did not have the blessing of a car heritage

It irritates so many people when you are a magazine junky, read some of some books

all while deployed and the per-tenant information over basics, and mild advance engine, trans, axle, suspension, wiring, paint set ups elude you

but you can correct someone with some Mopar(baseball) card statistic

yes we should get out and do it, without doubt, but the magazines fulfill some down time when that is not possible, like budget, work space, etc.

bob, i really know very little compared to many of the men on here

Rainy has me beat by far

some of us did not have the blessing of a car heritage

HA not hardly ......I did not have a car heritage till I was a teen ....you might remember where I came from. I do credit gaining knowledge from books .....even service manuals ( I had a lot of time as a teen)

what it all comes down to from what I am seeing in this thread is if your going to stay in the mopar world only then CC and hot rod are no good......but if you want to see anything and everything then they are of some value.

Slightly different reaction than I was expecting but I guess I need to figure this is a mopar crowd. I will only own mopars because that is what I am already invested into but to me anything on wheels is interesting in its own way......its a big world out there.

Attachments

• CIMG1668.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 84
  • CIMG1670.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
  • CIMG1672.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 84
If you do get it, DON'T USE A CREDIT CARD

They'll put you on auto-renewal and automatically renew you at a much higher rate.......

how is it possible to pay them without a credit card or debit card ????

Agreed,on Furbie. Would have quit subscription years ago,if not for him.

-
Back