Anyone know what heads these are?

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
I just pulled a 360 out of a Duster and the heads had no numbers showing on the top of it. I pulled them off and when I flipped them over I found these numbers 4343475. I don't have those numbers on any of my lists so I'm figuring they must be mid to late 80's. The valves are 1.88/1.6 so if anyone has any idea on what they are I'd appreciate the info. They look like they have a fresh rebuild. It's got single springs with damper and looks like chromoly retainers. I kinda want to just do a quick rebuild on the bottom half and slap these heads back on. It's got dished pistons so they have to go :D

Must be some Chevy heads :shock: :shock: :D ... they aren't listed in the Mopar Engine book. :p

I found that casting number here

http://members.aol.com/brettjh/f-bodymopar/intrchng.html

But it says it's for a block!!

You sure there aren't any other numbers on there? I thought all Mopar heads had the casting number under the valve covers. Maybe you need to scrape some sludge to find it. :scratch:

Yep, confirmed in the Mopar engine book that 4343475 is a 360 block. But interestingly, there is a footnote that says that casting number is also used for 318 4-bbl high performance engines. Hmmm.

GotDart said:
I thought all Mopar heads had the casting number under the valve covers. Maybe you need to scrape some sludge to find it. :scratch:

Thats what I thought, but the heads are really clean and when I pulled the valve cover there were no numbers or markings of any kind. From the looks of it there can't be more than a couple hundred miles on the rebuild. Thanks for the info :thumleft:

Yea they are a 318 head 4 bbl head with air. They were used from 85-89. Vin code P. So my guess they were used in trucks. This happened to me once I bought a pair of late model heads that had 360 casted into them and they turned out to be 85 318 police heads.

Oops my info is incorrect and incomplete. They were used on 318 cars & trucks 81-84. 360 cars 75-80 and 360 trucks 75-84.

I am not sure but I have heard if you used 360 heads on a 318 you have to use the intake also.

Well I looked over the block and I has a 85 date cast into it. The intake ports measured out to 340/360 size. Felpro list their intake gaskets for 340,360, and 318 with 4bbl heads so I guess the 318 4bbl had the same heads. At least the had the same size intake ports. The trans also looked pretty clean when it was in the car and when I pulled it out it had this big yellow oval that said "TCI" :D It also had a B&M flexplate.

Chad I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with all of it. If the car was in better shape, or at least a 70-72, I would have just fixed it up for a driver. But its a 73 that was originally a /6 car and needed more work than I was willing to put into it. At least I got some good parts out of it, 8 3/4 with a 489, big bolt pattern disc brakes, fresh engine & trans, instrument cluster that I already cutout and added an aluminum plate :D

The TCI transmission should have the part number on the driver's side pan rail at the rear driver side. Let me say that again in a different way.
On the driver side at the back of the pan rail it should have the TCI number stamp there.
This is on the side of the transmission above the pan lip.

Lol I missed the date.

190404_120648_51.gif

-
Back