Anyone running 19” wheels?

-
Not to get in the middle of the sexual tension that we have going on here... but I was rolling a set of 19 wheels past the shop scale today and thought I would post up the results. These a Ford SVT 19 inch forged wheels with 275 and 295 tires....

CA8617B4-FD24-4F44-A98D-D11E422A1D3E.jpeg

616EBA1C-1083-4EE6-96CF-BD503ED84AC0.jpeg

You're so out of date and misguiding people. The last I checked Centerline only makes 20"-22" diameter rims for modern muscle cars. I don't think anyone is buying their rims for old muscle cars anymore. Being a California Snowflake you most likely think Leah Prichett is gross and that's why you hate Centerline's rim line. Cragar still make the classics and modern rims but have some new rims that work with old cars. And just because you may not like them doesn't mean everyone has to. For most people they just want to experience the car and look from their youth.

You've claimed to have spread sheets explaining what rims, offsets and back spacing's work on all the cars here on ForABodiesOnly, post them in the "How to Articles" Section and quit plugging up the costly server space with every yahoo wanting to fit a rim and tire on their car.

Centerline still sells 15" rims, nothing misleading about it, people still buy them https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/center-line-wheels?ibanner=SREPD3&N=4294920860+4294920795+4294947558

I've thought Centerlines were hideous since I first saw them, so no, it has nothing to do with Leah Prichett. And "gross"? Really? Yes, women are "gross" because I'm 10 and they have cooties :realcrazy:. You meant that as a homosexual slur though right? Because all 39 million Californian's are gay. So, you're 10 years old.

Good grief man, grow up. The 5th grade schoolyard insults are kinda pathetic, even for you.

Not to get in the middle of the sexual tension that we have going on here... but I was rolling a set of 19 wheels past the shop scale today and thought I would post up the results. These a Ford SVT 19 inch forged wheels with 275 and 295 tires....

View attachment 1715230995

View attachment 1715230997

By all means get us back on to something actually relevant !

Those are some pretty heavy wheels. Not too surprising since they're factory, but that's still heavy.

Do you remember the complete tire specs? The newer Mustangs typically use pretty tall tires, so those weights might be quite a bit higher than something you'd get for an A-body.

They are the SVT 19 inch forged GT 500 wheels with Goodyear Tires F1 super car tires. I was actually shocked by the weight to be honest...
I was changing them out yesterday and putting the snow tires on the car... because well we have snow here in Winnipeg

They are the SVT 19 inch forged GT 500 wheels with Goodyear Tires F1 super car tires. I was actually shocked by the weight to be honest...
I was changing them out yesterday and putting the snow tires on the car... because well we have snow here in Winnipeg

Right, looking at the stock equipment those are probably 275/35/19's and 295/35/19's? or maybe even 40 series?

So, 27" tall tires at least anyway. So you'd likely lose a few pounds going with a tire you could actually fit on the front of an A-body. Also, the Goodyear F1's are heavy tires. The 275/35/19 weighs in at 32 lbs advertised, you can find other 275/35/19 performance tires as low as 26 lbs. And that still means those SVT GT500 wheels weigh like 26.4 lbs for whatever size you have in the front. That's not terrible (15x7 cop wheels weigh 25 lbs), but you can find 19x9.5's and 19x10's that are lighter than that. The 19x10 Enkei RPF1's are 21.3 lbs.

But it's all relative, if you're really worried about it you can find lighter rims and tires. Like I said before, a 15x7 cop wheel with a 255/60/15 BFG T/A on it would weigh in at like 56 lbs, so a 275/35/19 on a 19x9.5" at 58.4 isn't that bad considering the improvement in grip you'd get from the better tires. Compare it to a 275/60/15 on a 15x8 steel rim and you'd probably be ahead with the 19's again.

Centerline still sells 15" rims, nothing misleading about it, people still buy them https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/center-line-wheels?ibanner=SREPD3&N=4294920860+4294920795+4294947558

I've thought Centerlines were hideous since I first saw them, so no, it has nothing to do with Leah Prichett. And "gross"? Really? Yes, women are "gross" because I'm 10 and they have cooties :realcrazy:. You meant that as a homosexual slur though right? Because all 39 million Californian's are gay. So, you're 10 years old.

Good grief man, grow up. The 5th grade schoolyard insults are kinda pathetic, even for you.

Is it hard typing with your hand on your hip?

But, you're right about the 19" Goodyear's being a heavy tire, and there are lighter rims available. So, you've got that going for you.

Oh my god! Did I just agree with you on something? Did we just become best friends?

Do you like dragons and swords?

It's all over when I put my sack on you're drum set.

I'm surprised and disappointed that the forged GT500 wheels were that heavy. I think it speaks to the demands of OEM wheels regarding durability. My Mustang's 19x9 Brembo Package/nickel finish wheels (available from 2011-2014) looked pretty nice but they were total hernia-inducers when stacking them up in the garage. I never weighed them but I'm all but certain that they were 60+lbs with the 255 Pirellis on there.

Stock photo:
2011_00061_01.jpg

-
Back