Are these actually A body seats?

-

Dusted73

Reaction score
When I picked up my 73 duster these buckets were tossed in it, this was originally a bench car, are these even mopar seats if so are they A body seats?

16778139085766490404507857197199.jpg

16778139858383469938783125372846.jpg

sure look like A-body tracks - can you cut off a couple of hog rings and actually show us what the hinge area on each side looks like? The contour of the seat foam looks a lot like 1970 seats with the center insert running all the way to the skirt in front. What does the seat back look like?

DSC04495.JPG

I believe these are later (75/6) A body seats. I had some like this in a 75 valiant brougham. They could also have been from an F body, possibly.

Got a better pic of the hinge cover? Look like 73-up A, 73-74 E body. Tracks look like 73-up A body.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that pattern in a 75/76 Dart sport, but if they are velour, and I believe they are, they are Valiant Brougham/Dart SE.

Those could also be had in 4 door cars. Do they tilt forward? The ones in 4 doors didn't but should be able to be modified to do so.

Those could also be had in 4 door cars. Do they tilt forward? The ones in 4 doors didn't but should be able to be modified to do so.

That's exactly what I did to put buckets in my Duster. 4 door car and had some latches cut that matched the factory latch closely enough.

Sticks in my head that having a map pocket on the back of the seat is a indicator that the seat came out of a 4 door Brougham. I know mine has a map pocket.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that pattern in a 75/76 Dart sport, but if they are velour, and I believe they are, they are Valiant Brougham/Dart SE.

They do tilt forward debating keeping them or dropping in seats from a sebring with integral seatbelts.

If you’re gonna be cruising lots the newer seats are lots more comfy. Kim
That's my plan is for summer cruising not a show car and not one care about originality. I'm sure someone on here would be interested in the buckets

-
Back