Are they worth the Trouble?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Is it worth getting Electric Water pump and or only Electric fans for a weekend warrior? The most the Car Would be driven is 2-4 times a week IF that and maybe few times a month at the Strip.

I have electric fans on all my cars and if you drive a newer car that whats on them so they must work right.
That the very least running electric fans will enable you to ditch the stock fan and free up some HP.

I agree @ the fans....but I'd only run the electrically-driven water pump if I was scratchin' for that last .10th. At least if the electric fans took a dump, as long as you're moving, you can make it home. Not so with the electric pump.

it just seems like the moroso would crap out much eaiser or no cool as well as the full electric

I'm with Cudavert, electric water pumps are for track only. I'm not sure how they will do with continous duty. I run a proform electric pump on my drag car. It with an electric fan allows you to cool it down between rounds.

They have Meziere Pumps for continues use, but Im leaning towards the Moroso if It works the same and if it fails I can throw the Belt Back on. Should I upgrade my ALt Also with electric fans and semi electric water pump and to what? the toyota one?

i run electric meziere pump and electric fans on the street. Have not had any problems yet. Works great at the track when you want to cool the motor down on a hot day.

well i run a stock type pump and fan with shroud and may car ran 180 or less everytime on the road or back to back at the track .went to pump drive and elect. fan and car was a litlle hotter and didnt see alot of gain et/mhp wise but could cool it down between runs but could not go back to back runs like i could with the stock type stuff..if its a car you plan to drive more then race i would stick with what you have and found another place to make a few more horse power...but thats just memike

after an electric fan took a crap 2 hours from home on my i'm sticking with a reliable belt driven fan..:)

have a buddy running a tarus fan and a Meziere water pump on his cuda with no problems. he doesn't go too far from home with the car because of the 4.30 gears though..

i dumped the viscous fan when did b/b conv got a nice spal skinny electric sucker fan, can bring it in off switch after you stopped or in traffic<i gone mechanical temp guage too just to get accurate reading on whats what>electric pump? mm, they only run for so many hundred hours life not continuous day in day out and maybe more efficent but when they go just stop and you f@@@ least mechanical will get noisy i guess when on way out?

Im just at the stage with my car where I want to get the most horsepower that my car can offer. And I want the car to run at 190 and no higher. So what Im thinking about is electric fans alum rad. and the Moroso electric drive kit that I just bolt on see if that helps. I have a under drive crank pulley so I know thats part of the reason that it runs hot.

i have a new moroso pump for a smallblock lying here in a box and i dont think it will give me more trouble than any other electric component in the car, from the "feel" of it, i would guestimate that its a good quality piece ant it says made in usa on the box.
however i chose this pump for one reason only and that is that i want to keep my blower snout as short as possible and also i want the blower belt as close to the crank as humanly possible, hopefully it is a good unit

after an electric fan took a crap 2 hours from home on my i'm sticking with a reliable belt driven fan..:)

have a buddy running a tarus fan and a Meziere water pump on his cuda with no problems. he doesn't go too far from home with the car because of the 4.30 gears though..

this is why I don't bother with'em either.

I try and keep as many mechanical parts as possible cause then any parts store will almost always have a replacement when I 'need' it.

Swapping over to an electric fan this offseason,like the idea of being able to cool down the motor between rounds..

I,m also switching to all electric,water pump,fans and fuel pump.Trying to get every ounce of HP from my stroker.I have a manual carter fuel pump and alumi Edelbrock waterpump,never had any issues with either.

i have a new moroso pump for a smallblock lying here in a box and i dont think it will give me more trouble than any other electric component in the car, from the "feel" of it, i would guestimate that its a good quality piece ant it says made in usa on the box.
however i chose this pump for one reason only and that is that i want to keep my blower snout as short as possible and also i want the blower belt as close to the crank as humanly possible, hopefully it is a good unit

if it really says "made in the usa", i would return that junk.lol

if it really says "made in the usa", i would return that junk.lol

its kind of hard to find anything that says anything else than made in china nowaday it actualy makes me happy when it says made in usa and im not even american...

-
Back