Are you quarantined or still working ?

-
Still working, grocery store refrigeration mechanic. Gotta keep those running.

I've been trying to practice idiot distancing and so far, it is been a success.
Not here. The old guys like to drop in and see what im up to. So im cutting visits short and banning the snowbirds.

We wont shut down. We can't. We are a broadband provider and people need to stay connected. We are nationwide and in several foreign countries at the company I work for. We have gotten a lot busier the last few weeks. If you do most of your job from the desk, you were asked if you want to work from home on a voluntary basis this past Mon/Tues. Pretty much 95% of us in engineering packed up our laptops, pc, monitors, and even our chair if we wanted it. Site visits are mostly virtual now, relying on the customer to take specific pics of their building/property/telco rooms/etc. I'm managing my team from my basement thru group chats , emails and conf calls. The call centers started moving in that direction yesterday. We are prioritizing service calls as out of service, medical emergency, new installs. The center precalls all customers and asks if there are any health issues in the home related to Covid-19. Field techs have a script as well, prior to arrival. The wireless side of the company has reduced staff in the retail stores until future gov't direction, while some of our competitors have closed their retail stores and are relying on online orders to carry them thru. Our wireless demand has skyrocketed so much that the FCC gave approval to lease additional spectrum from smaller companies with spectrum to spare.

It's an odd feel to do business this way.
I am thankful and blessed to work in an industry that will always be in demand.

My women works in tech. She has been working from home for a while now. Nothing she can't do from here.
My concern is what happens when they tell all these folks to come BACK to work.

They will see no reason why they ever went on site in the first place.....

:)

We wont shut down. We can't. We are a broadband provider and people need to stay connected. We are nationwide and in several foreign countries at the company I work for. We have gotten a lot busier the last few weeks. If you do most of your job from the desk, you were asked if you want to work from home on a voluntary basis this past Mon/Tues. Pretty much 95% of us in engineering packed up our laptops, pc, monitors, and even our chair if we wanted it. Site visits are mostly virtual now, relying on the customer to take specific pics of their building/property/telco rooms/etc. I'm managing my team from my basement thru group chats , emails and conf calls. The call centers started moving in that direction yesterday. We are prioritizing service calls as out of service, medical emergency, new installs. The center precalls all customers and asks if there are any health issues in the home related to Covid-19. Field techs have a script as well, prior to arrival. The wireless side of the company has reduced staff in the retail stores until future gov't direction, while some of our competitors have closed their retail stores and are relying on online orders to carry them thru. Our wireless demand has skyrocketed so much that the FCC gave approval to lease additional spectrum from smaller companies with spectrum to spare.

It's an odd feel to do business this way.
I am thankful and blessed to work in an industry that will always be in demand.

My company's issue is they never accounted for so many working remote on VPN. It has caused a stress never mind all the kids doing school work on the local internet subscriber platform. it is tasking things a bit! It is almost is easier going to the local office as it is abandoned.

My company's issue is they never accounted for so many working remote on VPN. It has caused a stress never mind all the kids doing school work on the local internet subscriber platform. it is tasking things a bit!

We saw a 75% increase in Internet traffic before our company starter remoting in. It can be a real issue for some.

I'm working from home.
I can't stand it, when I'm at work, I focus on work.
When I'm here, I get way to easily distracted, like looking here, and not getting what I need to do, done.

Squirrel!!!!

Power plant operator... still working of course. There is talk about some of us living at the plant for a while if this gets real bad. Most office people already staying home.

Still working. The plant I work for refuses to shut down despite the governors recommendations. Alp the factories around us in this area have shut down but not use. Lol I have quarantined myself from the wife and kids tho am staying in my spare room I have all my work clothes and my own bathroom the wife and kids are staying in the other end of the house hopefully this will pass soon.

fyre.jpg

Still working, run a water treatment plant. Main reason I went this route.
**edit** LOTS of changes though with social distancing, split crews, I'm isolated in control room at work.
Bless you and keep up the good work. We DESPARATELY need our utilities to stay on. My daughter lives in Newmarket (just north of Toronto), and I was going to look you up when we came up in May. Who knows when that will happen now.

Not confined to home but they close all the bars tomorrow.. Luckily my son owns one of the bars so I can still get free drinks whenever I like................................??/ All eateries also will close. they tested 6 people in my city for the first time....waiting for results.
There is an active case up in Temple, Tx. Mom knows the lady 2nd hand and her husband is a Doctor, just got back from U.K. so they brought it back with them like 99% of the cases here.

Im still working, just got my "get out of jail" card...a piece of paper saying I am "providing emergency communications sustainment and restoration support to critical communications infrastructure facilities in response to: Covid-19 Declaration of National Emergency" March 16-May 28....So let me go! (Also states that I must be able to get fuel on a seperate attached memo) Is that next?

Still working here in central Washington for now...... plumbing a campus expansion project for out community college. But I think our days are numbered before we’re shut down considering I live and work in the epicenter of this madness

Working my normal spring irrigation startup schedule. Starting all the new construction projects that we have been building for the last six months. Helping grow the food to replenish the now empty shelves. No water no food.

PA is now 'life essential' only. We print labels - By the official list it looked like we might be done... Big dogs were all in for a meeting right after the governor changed the deal tonight. A good bit of what we print for is medical related. Apparently they made calls to verify and told us all we are still working.

nothing has changed for me except for a lot less traffic coming home which i love.. :)

jamie is working from home. has the spare bedroom set up with all her stuff.

rylee is schooling from home. gets sent her work at 8am. does it then has the rest of the day free...

My roomie and I are both in healthcare. Pretty sure I have been exposed could be paranoia. Had a bit of a headache today but could have been dehydrated. Work says show unless you spike a temp or have cold/flu like symptoms. Im working 3 12s at night so there is physically less people in the hospital.....staying positive......what else can I be? odd times for sure. I wonder what the takeaway will be? How will the "norm" change when we go back to "normal".

I’m a technical development engineer for a plastic resin distributor. I work from home part time, but have not been to a customer all week. Phone calls only. But, I’ve had time to get a lot done my kitchen remodel! May get back to the Duster soon!

Is this the form you got? I’m still working in NYC and must carry this form on me at all times.
AE3113DD-83A9-4F80-9AAA-6E03FE8B089F.jpeg
Im still working, just got my "get out of jail" card...a piece of paper saying I am "providing emergency communications sustainment and restoration support to critical communications infrastructure facilities in response to: Covid-19 Declaration of National Emergency" March 16-May 28....So let me go! (Also states that I must be able to get fuel on a seperate attached memo) Is that next?

Business as usual here in the car business. People were staying home at first but the last couple of days its returned to normal. The public has gotten bored sitting at home and are now going about their business as if nothing is going on. As a matter of fact, I had young lady come in the other day, who told us that she was supposed to be in quarantine but she did not believe in following the rules.

Coming in as usual...but with some rule/response changes..nothing drastic yet. But that’s coming...LEO....Lysol is my new cologne

Business as usual here in the car business. People were staying home at first but the last couple of days its returned to normal. The public has gotten bored sitting at home and are now going about their business as if nothing is going on. As a matter of fact, I had young lady come in the other day, who told us that she was supposed to be in quarantine but she did not believe in following the rules.

Mark Arum on WSB Radio in Atlanta yesterday said while driving around he saw a bunch of people out and about. Said it seemed busier than usual.

-
Back