Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-
I will make this offer again. You are all welcome to meet over here and we can broil some hamburgers, hot dogs or brats.
Just because I am a stickler, if you plan on having more than 2 beers, please bring a designated driver and smokers need to use the smoking room. (Which is directly in front of the garage door).
Anytime should be good, my wife will be out of town this weekend but that is probably too short notice. Whatever the majority wants. I will supply the meats and you will need to bring your own beverages. (we do not have beer or sodas here)
I have made this offer twice before but no one was interested. I live in the Bell Road and Tatum Blvd area

Thank you "again" and please know that I personally really appreciate your offer.
It was just too easy to tease you about it before.:D
But, if your Wife is out of town I'll pass this time.
JK, I can't help being a smart ***.

Seriously though, thank you for the invitation and it very well could happen at some point even if it's just a prearranged short drop in for somewhere to go.

Is anyone planning on going, to the Bell Road and 67th Ave, tonite?

Is anyone planning on going, to the Bell Road and 67th Ave, tonite?

Attendance there tonight may be sparse as the Central Cruise show is today. They're both run by the same person...

I was actually planning on going, but the Wife let me off home improvements to get more of my body and paint work done before winter while the weather is still warm.
Priorities ya know.:D

Ah, thank you.
Free doesn't matter as much as it used to, and I thought I might like to do something a little more involved than just siting in a parking lot.
Who knows though, I might do both.:D

I don't know if you saw anything about it or not, but I made a new Gmail address (Mopars4us) and then put a post on Craigslist for "Mopar Stuff" and explained that I would like for us local Mopar owners to be able to get together and do something once in awhile, or at least be able to get ahold of each other, plan cruises or just help each other with our cars.
Then I used those contacts to set up a text group,so when I text they all get it at the same time.
They can all see each others responses as well, so plans or information gets around to the group quick.
I think it was 7 people showed up down town in a parking lot next to Sonic Drive in, one of them a 50's Savoy Wagon. :D
Neat little car.
Please start a new thread on here for the MoparGuys or Mopar4us (or whatever you call it) It will work better than the phone texting. It wasn't the original texts but the replies every 5 minutes was more than I could deal with. Especially while I was sleeping.
A thread here would be the best for me to follow.

Please start a new thread on here for the MoparGuys or Mopar4us (or whatever you call it) It will work better than the phone texting. It wasn't the original texts but the replies every 5 minutes was more than I could deal with. Especially while I was sleeping.
A thread here would be the best for me to follow.

As a matter of fact a few of us are going to the Fort Verde Days car show and parade in Camp Verde Saturday Morning.
This is it, and it has events and times at the bottom of the page.
Camp Verde Promotions

PS. I got you cleared from the list and instructed the others to remove you from thier's also.
As long as they did it there shouldn't be any more unwanted texts.
Fingers crossed.:D

As a matter of fact a few of us are going to the Fort Verde Days car show and parade in Camp Verde Saturday Morning.
This is it, and it has events and times at the bottom of the page.
Camp Verde Promotions

PS. I got you cleared from the list and instructed the others to remove you from thier's also.
As long as they did it there shouldn't be any more unwanted texts.
Fingers crossed.:D
I could not tell , is that a yes or no to starting a new thread here?

I could not tell , is that a yes or no to starting a new thread here?

Oh, you must mean a whole separate thread just for our group doings.
Hadn't really planned on it as this one already exists, and is about Arizona events.
The details of what our group is doing on any given day was what the texts you didn't want to receive were for.

Oh, you must mean a whole separate thread just for our group doings.
Hadn't really planned on it as this one already exists, and is about Arizona events.
The details of what our group is doing on any given day was what the texts you didn't want to receive were for.

Why another thread on the same subject?

Mopar Night @ Mixteca is tonight. Should be a huge turnout with the cooler weather!
Hope to see a few members :steering:

Mopar Night @ Mixteca is tonight. Should be a huge turnout with the cooler weather!
Hope to see a few members :steering:

I should be there around 3:30-4
Speaking of which I better get out there and get my car cleaned up.:D
The wind blowing up here makes a mess daily.

I mentioned this show to the Mopar group (Mopars4us) up here as well, and we may get one or two if they can make it.

For a Mopar Night... There were not as many Mopar's as the last few times... ??? Not sure what was up with that since the weather was Perfect... But, I did score an award... I generally do not register but did last night to get my neighbor to register his 4 speed 225 /six, 4bbl 63 Valiant Convertible...
Did get to talk to so many cool peeps... So much so, I never got to have my usual Cold Beer in Mixteca...
20171021_212150.jpg

For a Mopar Night... There were not as many Mopar's as the last few times... ??? Not sure what was up with that since the weather was Perfect... But, I did score an award... I generally do not register but did last night to get my neighbor to register his 4 speed 225 /six, 4bbl 63 Valiant Convertible...
Did get to talk to so many cool peeps... So much so, I never got to have my usual Cold Beer in Mixteca...
View attachment 1715102712

Not supprised, that is such a cool car

I wasn't able to make it. Spent the past week under the car changing out the 3.91s. Took the car out yesterday mainly on the city streets breaking in the 3.55s. Got it out on the 202 driving down to the Riverview Mall and back home. Went the K Mart cruise last night. Fall Fling is next weekend. When is the Mopar nite at the Pavillions?

For a Mopar Night... There were not as many Mopar's as the last few times... ??? Not sure what was up with that since the weather was Perfect...

I thought it was really busy, but there were SO many late models in attendance, the classics were spread all over the place?

But, I did score an award...

WooHoo Congrats Clif !! Your Cuda was gorgeous as always :D

It was last night. 3rd Saturday of the month.

How was the K-Mart cruise...I've never gone?

Snow birds are here, couple of Mopars there. It starts in the middle of the afternoon with most cars gone by 8:30.

View attachment 1715102712
Well deserved

This is the same picture as the avatar. I am thinking instead of rechroming the bumpers, Another option is to paint them a flat black which will match the striping on the car.
This pix was done with the Paint program so it does not look great, but it is something to referance.
What do you think?

duster black bumper.jpg

Last edited:
This is the same picture as the avatar. I am thinking instead of rechroming the bumpers, I repaint them a flat black which will match the striping on the car.
This pix was done with the Paint program so it does not look great, but it is something to referance.
What do you think?

View attachment 1715105554

Throw on some chrome bumpers. It will break up the painted parts of the car. I like the hood strobe, car overall looks very nice.

If you do it, have it powder coated ... Not rattle canned... Also have the chrome stripped off. (My 2 ¢ opinion )
If it were my car... I'd keep the Chrome as Chrome bumpers are vanishing from the streets now days with all these chrome less New cars... But, it is Your toy, and I expect You to have Fun with it.... Go with your Heart !!!⚓

Classic Cars For Kids

Another Northern AZ car show this weekend in Cottonwood, AZ.
Our North group (Mopars4us) is meeting at one of the members houses for a cruise over to Cottonwood for the event.
We will be leaving Prescott Valley, AZ about 8:30am this Saturday from Mopar Dave's house.
We should be there around 9:30am. (3-4 hours would be a better cruise IMO:D)
Here's the even flyer from www.cruisinarizona.com

Classics4kids.jpg

-
Back