Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-
If you do it, have it powder coated ... Not rattle canned... Also have the chrome stripped off. (My 2 ¢ opinion )
If it were my car... I'd keep the Chrome as Chrome bumpers are vanishing from the streets now days with all these chrome less New cars... But, it is Your toy, and I expect You to have Fun with it.... Go with your Heart !!!⚓
Still need to do the back bumper.
The front bumper looks really good, but I do not know if I like it. It looks 20x better than it did before I straightemed it and pulled out a dent or two

black bumper 2.jpg

black bumper.jpg

Classic Cars For Kids

Another Northern AZ car show this weekend in Cottonwood, AZ.
Our North group (Mopars4us) is meeting at one of the members houses for a cruise over to Cottonwood for the event.
We will be leaving Prescott Valley, AZ about 8:30am this Saturday from Mopar Dave's house.
We should be there around 9:30am. (3-4 hours would be a better cruise IMO:D)
Here's the even flyer from www.cruisinarizona.com

View attachment 1715106653

I was there to try and meet other 'MOPAR A Body' people ! Only found a couple of people to talk with, one had a nice red driver and the other was a bright yellow one that was 'for sale'... there were two other Dart/Valient/Scamp types there also a "in progess" brown one and another that I don't recall. There were a couple of 'Cudas also.
Were any of these the 'Mopars4us' group?

Just looking for 'like' minded car people to do things with... we are New to the Verde Valley area.

(We were there in the blue SHELBY GT500 Convertible)

Ken
RLTW

I was there to try and meet other 'MOPAR A Body' people ! Only found a couple of people to talk with, one had a nice red driver and the other was a bright yellow one that was 'for sale'... there were two other Dart/Valient/Scamp types there also a "in progess" brown one and another that I don't recall. There were a couple of 'Cudas also.
Were any of these the 'Mopars4us' group?

Just looking for 'like' minded car people to do things with... we are New to the Verde Valley area.

(We were there in the blue SHELBY GT500 Convertible)

Ken
RLTW

Hey Ken, the red Dart is mine (Greg), the yellow Valiant is David's, the "In progress" brown Dart is Rob's and the D100 pickup is Steve's.
Not sure who the Barracuda was.
That enough info for you?:D

We are the Mopars4us group from Prescott Valley, we talked there and you told me the Mustang was what you and your Wife came in and we were standing in front of the Corvette.
I remember you mentioning that you just moved there.

We have a text MMS with each other so we can know what the others are up to, and to give notifications of events or cruises, or even if we just want some car guy company when working on something.
If you would like to be added to the group messages send your name and text number to Mopars4us@gmail.com and I can add you.

After that you will start getting the messages as well, and you can pick and choose what you would like to be involved in.

Well, hi there Greg!
So I was in the right place at the right time. If you hadn't noticed I was fairly interested in the "details" on your car, impressive!
Mine is a project/work in progress, great body (the car) just needs a lot of the minor parts; like motor, tranny, disc brakes, wireing, interior and such...
BUT... we scored big this past weekend;

Found an engine yesterday

...an incredible deal on a motor (340) guite a score I think. I was about to 'settle' on a 360, but this fell in our lap.

It may be awhile before the 'Slimer' sees the road. Slimer was the name of it before we got it, it was a dedicated drag car (a Lime Green). Stripped out, shaved firewall, completely aluminum interior, fuel cell... Big Blk K member, torsion bars, Dana rear, fuel cell, etc. BUT, the body was pristeen, not a dent or a ripple anywhere, NO RUST at all. Our goal is to make it street legal. So, we've been gathering and buying parts as my budget (retired) allows.

Anyway, we would still like join in on some contact with 'local' people up here in our area... just not sure if we would be welcome w/o an operable MOPAR for a while as it is being built!

If it's OK I can PM the info, if not, well... I guess it will have to wait to make new friends in the 'area' probably in a year or so.
We are just on the otherside of Mingus from you.

Ken & Kathy
(yes, she is just as bad a car nut/gearhead as me)

PS-- well not quite ALL true, we do have JEEPS... a TJ for off-road and a '15 Renegade TrailHawk w/ ~ 3400 miles. LOL

Last edited:
Just a couple ideas

The City of Cottonwood is celebrating Historic 89A and the Verde Valley with Walkin’ on Main,
November 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Vintage and classic cars will line the street through
Historic Old Town Cottonwood, making a perfect
backdrop for an iconic photo.
The Mingus Union High School Hot Rod club will facilitate the show and all proceeds go to improve the
program for area youth
The event is presented by your local Edward Jones offi
ces. The cost to enter a car is $5.

mesa show.jpg

This IS a nice little show, we went last year!
It would be nice to see MOPAR's show up, it's just $5... and goes to a good cause.
I may put a couple of cars in it.

Ken
RLTW

Well, hi there Greg!
So I was in the right place at the right time. If you hadn't noticed I was fairly interested in the "details" on your car, impressive!
Mine is a project/work in progress, great body (the car) just needs a lot of the minor parts; like motor, tranny, disc brakes, wireing, interior and such...
BUT... we scored big this past weekend;

Found an engine yesterday

...an incredible deal on a motor (340) guite a score I think. I was about to 'settle' on a 360, but this fell in our lap.

It may be awhile before the 'Slimer' sees the road. Slimer was the name of it before we got it, it was a dedicated drag car (a Lime Green). Stripped out, shaved firewall, completely aluminum interior, fuel cell... Big Blk K member, torsion bars, Dana rear, fuel cell, etc. BUT, the body was pristeen, not a dent or a ripple anywhere, NO RUST at all. Our goal is to make it street legal. So, we've been gathering and buying parts as my budget (retired) allows.

Anyway, we would still like join in on some contact with 'local' people up here in our area... just not sure if we would be welcome w/o an operable MOPAR for a while as it is being built!

If it's OK I can PM the info, if not, well... I guess it will have to wait to make new friends in the 'area' probably in a year or so.
We are just on the otherside of Mingus from you.

Ken & Kathy
(yes, she is just as bad a car nut/gearhead as me)

PS-- well not quite ALL true, we do have JEEPS... a TJ for off-road and a '15 Renegade TrailHawk w/ ~ 3400 miles. LOL

Wow, sorry I ignored ya for so long.:D
I didn't see this until this morning because of so many things going on around here it's been a few days.
Thank you very much for the compliments, and of course you are welcome to join in, even if you don't have your Mopar (car) running yet.
We have some people that just wish they had a mopar.:D

Just a couple ideas

The City of Cottonwood is celebrating Historic 89A and the Verde Valley with Walkin’ on Main,
November 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Vintage and classic cars will line the street through
Historic Old Town Cottonwood, making a perfect
backdrop for an iconic photo.
The Mingus Union High School Hot Rod club will facilitate the show and all proceeds go to improve the
program for area youth
The event is presented by your local Edward Jones offi
ces. The cost to enter a car is $5.

View attachment 1715109371

Thanks for the heads up on this Ed, as now I can get the Wife out of the house for awhile.:D
Though she owns a fully driveable (well, the speedo is broke) 72 Swinger with a small block she really isn't a car nut like I am.
This will give me a chance to get her out for some things she is interested in, and I'll get to check out some more cars.:D

Wow, sorry I ignored ya for so long.:D
I didn't see this until this morning because of so many things going on around here it's been a few days.
Thank you very much for the compliments, and of course you are welcome to join in, even if you don't have your Mopar (car) running yet.
We have some people that just wish they had a mopar.:D...

thanks...
Yea, we do have a MOPAR, well most of it, hahahaa.
Actually about one and a half!!! I bought a parts car for Slimer that I'v just aboit finished chopping up, We have leftover perfect front fenders, a set of doors, trunk lid, good floor pans, glass, all the stainless trim, even for a vinyl top. K-member, discs... good left quarter, right quarter has some rust at back low, just a bunch of stripped off stuff.

Ken
RLTW

Sounds like a nice little show. Unfortunately my car is down, waiting for the exhaust manifold from the welder.

Hope that works out well all said and done.

Yeah, got it back today. They couldn't use the broken tab so they welded up enough weld to create a new on. I ground yo down for the machineshop to true the mating surface. Will be shaping it as soon as the hole is drilled. Looks kinda ugly but it's a start.

20171110_161214_resized.jpg

Damn, that's kinda what I was afraid of.
Maybe it will hold till you can find another one.

Or throw some Remflex gaskets at it.:D
Do you happen to know what size exhaust flange gasket a stock 318 uses 2-1/2 or
2 1/4. It would make it easier than putting the car in the air. disassembling the exhaust and measure them
Thanx in advance

Do you happen to know what size exhaust flange gasket a stock 318 uses 2-1/2 or
2 1/4. It would make it easier than putting the car in the air. disassembling the exhaust and measure them
Thanx in advance
Stock 318 manifolds?

Event
Dec. 3 Toyz 4 Totz - Wickenburg Run
Click n’ Print Flyer/Registration

Event Info:
Event Host - RWCA and Cops Who Care
Event Location - Wickenburg Community Center, 160 N Valentine Street, Wickenburg (Get Map)
Contact Name - Sherry or Don 602-326-0924
Event Hours - 10 am to 3 pm
Entry Fee - one unwrapped toy

Cruise to Wickenburg: Meet at the old Walmart, behind Mixteca Mexican Food Restaurant, 67th and Bell Rd. at 8:00 am - Cruise to Wickenburg starts at 9:00 am sharp.

RAFFLES, 50/50 DRAWING, CHINESE AUCTION, VENDOR AND CRAFT SALES, KID’S BOOTH’S, GREAT FOOD, AND THE WONDERFUL OLDIE BY CRUISIN DJ’S.

Food and drinks are available for purchase. Activities include car judging, food booths, raffles and other activities.
See us on Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is anyone planning on making this drive?

Event
Dec. 3 Toyz 4 Totz - Wickenburg Run
Click n’ Print Flyer/Registration

Event Info:
Event Host - RWCA and Cops Who Care
Event Location - Wickenburg Community Center, 160 N Valentine Street, Wickenburg (Get Map)
Contact Name - Sherry or Don 602-326-0924
Event Hours - 10 am to 3 pm
Entry Fee - one unwrapped toy

Cruise to Wickenburg: Meet at the old Walmart, behind Mixteca Mexican Food Restaurant, 67th and Bell Rd. at 8:00 am - Cruise to Wickenburg starts at 9:00 am sharp.

RAFFLES, 50/50 DRAWING, CHINESE AUCTION, VENDOR AND CRAFT SALES, KID’S BOOTH’S, GREAT FOOD, AND THE WONDERFUL OLDIE BY CRUISIN DJ’S.

Food and drinks are available for purchase. Activities include car judging, food booths, raffles and other activities.
See us on Facebook
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is anyone planning on making this drive?

Thanks, and that'd be fun for me.:D
Drive to 67th and Bell and then cruise to Wickenburg might be fun, and then back to Prescott from there over the back road through Skull Valley, maybe.

Last week the Wife and I met up with Ken and his Wife at the "Walking on Main" event in Cottonwood, and when we got there they told us the show was full and wouldn't let us in.
They did tell us we could "Park over there in the dirt lot" IDFTST:D
(That means I don't F'n think so Tim.)
I just spent 2 hours getting the car cleaned up for the show and I'll be damned if I'm going to park it in a dirt lot with cars in and out all day.

They had a section coned off saving those spots for the Corvette club who was late.
Kinda pissed me off.

...Last week the Wife and I met up with Ken and his Wife at the "Walking on Main" event in Cottonwood, and when we got there they told us the show was full and wouldn't let us in.
I just spent 2 hours getting the car cleaned up for the show and I'll be damned if I'm going to park it in a dirt lot with cars in and out all day.
They had a section coned off saving those spots for the Corvette club who was late.
Kinda pissed me off.

That DID suck !!!
The 'vette club had spaces for probably 10 cars and showed up w/5...
@TrailBeast - don't feel too bad, I heard that they turned away about THIRTY cars !!! A lot of unhappy people !!!!

Ken
RLTW

That DID suck !!!
The 'vette club had spaces for probably 10 cars and showed up w/5...
@TrailBeast - don't feel too bad, I heard that they turned away about THIRTY cars !!! A lot of unhappy people !!!!

Ken
RLTW

Stephanie was fine with it after she found out we would have been stuck in there until it was over.:D

Thanks, and that'd be fun for me.:D
Drive to 67th and Bell and then cruise to Wickenburg might be fun, and then back to Prescott from there over the back road through Skull Valley, maybe.

Last week the Wife and I met up with Ken and his Wife at the "Walking on Main" event in Cottonwood, and when we got there they told us the show was full and wouldn't let us in.

Kinda pissed me off.

Cross that off my list of things go do. Pretty tacky to not let you in. It will come back to bite them some day. They have a Facebook page?

-
Back