Arizona FABO Members Local Shows & Events Interest

-
About this time last year we got together for lunch, anyone game?

Isn' the auction Saturday Mopar nite?

Yes, Saturday the 20th is Mopar night @ the Pavilions & a BIG auction night as well.

I don't know, but I know I want to get out of here for awhile.
Been sick for weeks and need to do something car related, besides just drive to a grocery store.:D

Some of the guys in our local group have been mentioning going down to the valley for a cruise, so I do need to find out what's going on this weekend down there and relay it to the rest so they can plan accordingly.

If anyone knows details of events please chime in.

So no one has any more info on the shows in the valley this coming weekend?
Looks like I'm going either way, and probably to the Pavillions first then over to 67th and Bell for later in the evening.
I have to go right now, but I'll be back later in the afternoon to check in again.

Thanks all.

Pawned has posted choices in his post above. The busiest event for the next few weeks will be the Pavilions IMHO. You'll need to arrive early & be patient, as it will be mobbed with people & cars :D

About this time last year we got together for lunch, anyone game?

It depends on which day. Busy time of year for ME

Yes, Saturday the 20th is Mopar night @ the Pavilions & a BIG auction night as well.

Pawned has posted choices in his post above. The busiest event for the next few weeks will be the Pavilions IMHO. You'll need to arrive early & be patient, as it will be mobbed with people & cars :D

Thank you both.

I don't know for sure who "we" is yet, but we will be at the Pavilions early and then who knows later in the day.

Is 67th Ave and Bell Road both Friday AND Saturday nights??? or Saturday only?

Pretty sure that show is Saturday only...
Thank you, I thought it was both nights for part of the year, at least.

We really need a better name for these car shows. at 67th/bell and the pavilions. They are not really organized , nor for the most part any judging.
I think I will start calling the "informal" events 'Car Show-offs' definitely more descriptive and accurate

Thank you, I thought it was both nights for part of the year, at least.
I think I will start calling the "informal" events 'Car Show-offs' definitely more descriptive and accurate

You might be correct on 2 nights for part of the year.

Anyone going to the Pavilions or 67th and Bell this evening?

Staying close to home this evening. Doing the Glendale swap in the morning.

I was thinking of going to 67 th and Bell later Probably around 4:30 - 5

Got sidetracked and not going to make it this time, but I do want to get down there again before long.
I have this idea where I might want to take all the little backroads down to the 101 on the west side one of these days just for the drive of it.

Got sidetracked and not going to make it this time, but I do want to get down there again before long.
I have this idea where I might want to take all the little backroads down to the 101 on the west side one of these days just for the drive of it.

Isn't there back roads from your neck of the woods that takes you to the 93? Comes out around Wickenburg?

Isn't there back roads from your neck of the woods that takes you to the 93? Comes out around Wickenburg?

Yep at least 2 of them that wind around through a couple of mountain ranges and valleys before 93.
One is 89A to 60 and then 89 to 60 and both end up in Wickenburg then continue on down 60 to the 101 West loop.
I used to do those on my bike just for the heck of it.

20180209_173708.jpg

Next weekend Mopars Unlimited is cruising over to Falco Field to tour the aviation museum. After that they will head over towards the Pavilians. The an Is to have lunch at the 5 and Diner.

Reprint from another thread of mine. Want local opinions also

Yesterday, I walked out of the house only to find a truck backing its enclosed trailer up to the front of the Duster.
When they saw me they stopped and immediately drove away.

So I am looking for suggestions on a alarm system for a classic car. Preferably one that will interface with a smart phone

Reprint from another thread of mine. Want local opinions also

Yesterday, I walked out of the house only to find a truck backing its enclosed trailer up to the front of the Duster.
When they saw me they stopped and immediately drove away.

So I am looking for suggestions on a alarm system for a classic car. Preferably one that will interface with a smart phone

Several GPS style systems available. Google it. Pretty brazen. Did you get a license plate?

I could not see it from where I was, old eyes . Pl
Several GPS style systems available. Google it. Pretty brazen. Did you get a license plate?
I could not see it from my position. Plus I was so surprised I did not think to look.
The only problem is I the GPS systems only work after the car was stolen

I could not see it from where I was, old eyes . Pl

I could not see it from my position. Plus I was so surprised I did not think to look.
The only problem is I the GPS systems only work after the car was stolen

I was thinking of an alarm/GPS system

Wow that is brazen. We have one of those Ring doorbells that I thought was probably a worthless gadget but after an easy install replacing my old doorbell I am impressed. Whenever someone gets close to the door it sends my smartphone a notification, and can you view and talk to the person from your phone. It sees quite a bit of the front of my house into the street. You can add cameras with alarm tones to cover other parts of your house. They sell them at Costco but are a little pricey, we got ours as a gift:D

-
Back