[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it can be made to work with the cap that says "FUEL" then put me on the list for your next run of adapters. I'm pretty sure it should work. I had a friend who took a "FUEL" cap off of a '69 Barracuda & put it on a '74 Challenger. But I think the original Challenger caps flip the opposite direction. Maybe an early Charger cap would be better. I think they said Fuel on them.

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970
10. greg340
11. dart64gt
12.68sedan
13. pharmboy
14. demon jeff 71

Can I get on put on the list second run is fine for me I am in no hurry. I tried to Pm you but either work is draining all my brain cells or Im unable to just yet due to my noobish status. My project isnt even close to ready for cas cap yet, but I wanted to go with the flip top. I figured an adapter would be needed but I had not even got that far. Looks like this might get me ahead of the game when I get to this point.
I like the design simple yet very profesional looking :-D

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970
13. pharmboy
14. demon jeff 71
15. valiantsurf

I will be making more and hope that there isnt much of a gap between the first and second run.
I plan to do some looking to see if the cap base--screw pattern is the same across several different caps. Thx guys

Ok here is what I found with a little ebay looking!

70-74 Challenger Gas Cap------ WILL NOT WORK with this. Sorry guys.
68-70 Charger Gas Cap --------WILL work BUT has a different hole pattern that our 4 screw Abody filler necks.

Mine is a 67-69 Barracuda Cap. Because of this, it has the same 4 hole pattern.

On that note, remember I am sending these without the screw holes drilled in them so you can match your cap. Obviously, if you get a Charger cap you will have to drill new holes either in the base of the cap or in the filler neck.

If it were me I would drill into the cap, and then once again use my original screws to secure it.

Something else to keep in mind. It appears that the Charger Caps have a flatter base than the Barracuda. The Barracuda cap fits the curve of the quarter panel and has a slight concave to it. I have installed mine and you cant see any issues with it.
So depending on what car you have you may want to pick one or the other based on that too.
Please someone add to this if there is any distinguishing features on the Charger caps?

Oh and it appears that the 68-70 Charger caps have "FUEL" on them.

Hope this helps guys.

They are literally being made as I type this. I hope to have them and be able to ship by friday or saturday. As soon as I have them in hand Ill PM each of you on the list with pay pal info. Thx guys.

Which years and models of cars had the "fuel" writing on the outside of the gas cap?

Jeff

I am by no means a knowledgeable person when it comes to these caps. A few posts up, I have the little bit of info I was able to gather. Check that out.

1. Burns
2. jomoper
3. 65bcoda
4. 72blunblu
5. dustedon
6. chazram
7. bvt69dart@comca
8. chlngr1970
9. chlngr1970
10. greg340
11. dart64gt
12.68sedan
--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. pharmboy
14. demon jeff 71
15. valiantsurf
16. Dust-U
17. Tobysoldblue

Ok they are in and I have PM'em the same message to the people going down the list. I only PM'ed the people I had enough to sell too! So if you did not get a PM it is because I didnt have enough to get to you. I hope to have more in the next week or so.
As the people that I have PM'ed pay, I will remove them from the list. I have also stated that if you have gotten the message and you cannot pay yet, you will remain at the top of the list but I will pass you up until you can pay.
This is an attempt to keep everyone happy.
Ill update accordingly.
Thx again guys.
Oh and Ill post a pic of the black ones that are done in just a little bit.

Ok just as I said before, I added another 32th to space it away from the body a tad more. Also there is no screw holes due to the different patterns on the cap bases. I have left that choice up to you! Hope you like them guys!

BLK Adapter 1.jpg

BLK Adapter 2.jpg

The 69 barracuda and 68 to 70 charger have the fuel stamping.The bases
on these caps are all the same other than mounting hole position.
68 Charger does not have the fuel stamp - I'm pretty sure that started in 69.

1. Burns :cheers:

2. jomoper :cheers:

3. 65bcoda :cheers:

4. 72blunblu :cheers:

5. dustedon :cheers:

6. chazram

7. bvt69dart@comca :cheers:

8. chlngr1970

9. chlngr1970

10. greg340 :cheers:

11. dart64gt :cheers:

12.68sedan
--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. pharmboy
14. demon jeff 71
15. valiantsurf
16. Dust-U
17. Tobysoldblue
18. 66cuda-s

Looks good! Can't wait to swap my cap out with a flip top! :cheers:

Headed to the post office now. The names with icons are the ones being sent out. I am awaiting payment from the others still. Thx guys! Lata'

I suspect these adapters will not fit the early A Body as IIRC the gas cap is slightly smaller than the 67-up gas caps, thus making the fill opening smaller. Do you know if they'll work with the early A - would love to have one if they'll fit.

1. Burns :cheers:

2. jomoper :cheers:

3. 65bcoda :cheers:

4. 72blunblu :cheers:

5. dustedon:cheers:

6. chazram

7. bvt69dart@comca :cheers:

8. chlngr1970

9. chlngr1970

10. greg340 :cheers:

11. dart64gt :cheers:

12.68sedan