[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect these adapters will not fit the early A Body as IIRC the gas cap is slightly smaller than the 67-up gas caps, thus making the fill opening smaller. Do you know if they'll work with the early A - would love to have one if they'll fit.

If you want to take a measurement of the depression in the body. I can let you know.

If you want to take a measurement of the depression in the body. I can let you know.

Just measured the opening in my 65 Barracuda - it's right at 3 & 1/2 to 3 & 9/16 inches. Confirmed the same measurements in my 65 Signet convert. Hope this helps.

Just measured the opening in my 65 Barracuda - it's right at 3 & 1/2 to 3 & 9/16 inches. Confirmed the same measurements in my 65 Signet convert. Hope this helps.

The outside dim on this is 3-1/8". Now assuming that the filler neck didnt change much, because the gas pump nozzle sizes have stayed the same. I "think" it should fit.
If you get me the measurements for:

Depth below the quarter panel surface.
Outside Diameter of the filler neck.
Oh try to get a little tighter measurement if you can. 1/16" is a big difference in a case like this.
Thx
I should be able to tell you whether or not it will fit.
It will be nice to know for the future anyhow.:-D

OH and please guys post some pics of your installs. Please take your time when marking and drilling the hole pattern. I made sure that mine sat directly in the middle so the cap seal would hit the custom piece nicely. Take your time you will be happier!

I received mine today, the wife called me and said that I got a black,round thingy in the mail and that it was "pretty" LOL
I told here it was for V-DAY a "ring for the thing"
She did not see the humor.

1. chazram PP
2. chlngr1970 PP
3. chlngr1970 PP
4.68sedan PP
5. pharmboy
6. demon jeff 71
7. valiantsurf
8. Dust-U
9. Tobysoldblue
10. 66cuda-s
11. Stormin
12. Dustya

Looks like we got a paypal thingy working over here. Drop me with an e mail when you get the chance and let me know if you need my info or I need yours etc and we will get this thing done, thanks.
Chas

1. chazram :cheers:

2. chlngr1970 PP
3. chlngr1970 PP

4.68sedan :cheers:

5. pharmboy
6. demon jeff 71
7. valiantsurf
8. Dust-U
9. Tobysoldblue
10. 66cuda-s
11. Stormin
12. Dustya

Can I get on put on the list second run is fine for me I am in no hurry. I tried to Pm you but either work is draining all my brain cells or Im unable to just yet due to my noobish status. My project isnt even close to ready for cas cap yet, but I wanted to go with the flip top. I figured an adapter would be needed but I had not even got that far. Looks like this might get me ahead of the game when I get to this point.
I like the design simple yet very profesional looking :-D

LOL Dont feel too bad.....I dont even have the car yet and I am considering this! Cool idea! I assume the adaptor only is what is for sale here, right?

How hard is it to find the cap being used?

1. chlngr1970
2. chlngr1970
:cheers:3. valiantsurf
4. Dust-U
5. Tobysoldblue
:cheers:6. 66cuda-s
7. Stormin
8. Dustya
:cheers:9. Lowbudget

If I had a flip top cap I would be in. Let me see if I can locate one. I've alway's thought it would be cool to put one on a 1st generation Barracuda. I'll get back to you.

1. chlngr1970
2. chlngr1970
3. :cheers:valiantsurf
4. Dust-U
5. Tobysoldblue
6. :cheers:66cuda-s
7. Stormin
8. Dustya
9. :cheers:Lowbudget
10. Ramcharged

NOTE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because I have now given FABO guys and gals first crack at these and the excitement has tapered off. I am now offering these on Ebay.

BECAUSE OF THIS I WILL BE IMPOSING A 50 POST MINIMUM, BEFORE YOU CAN BUY THIS AT THE PRICE OFFERED HERE ON FABO.

This does not include anyone already on the list of course. I am doing this to not spoil my ebay auctions and to not attract "Drifters" to FABO.
I think we have a great community here and dont want people that are just looking to undermine my auction if they happen to get word of it here.

On that note I have NO idea whether they will do nearly as good as they have here, but I figure Ill try to not get played here! LOL
Thx guys and gals.
As of the date of this post, this rule will apply.

There has been many Early A guys asking for one of these adapters so I will be researching and developing one for you guys as well now! Just an update!

Do you have another, and tell me again what the material is they're made of....? I saw a pic of white like nylon plastic, and then one of the guys said it was black..........Clarify if you could.........

Thanks............ Doc8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back