[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally installed my flip-top cap and found that the cap hits the body at the back side of the latch. I am using an original cap from a 1967 Barracuda.

This is not a problem as I wanted to seal the adapter to the body, so using some gasket material I cut two gaskets, doubled them up and placed them between the adapter and the body. This gave me the seal I wanted and moved the adapter out from the body just enough.

With everything installed, the cap doesn't hit the body and looks pretty good. :cheers:

I'll post some pictures later, I forgot to take some.

Here come the pictures!!! :cheers:

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

cap3.jpg

cap4.jpg

cap5.jpg

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but what type of car flip top cap works with this adapter?...thanks

I should have these made some time next week.

As for what cap fits. Charger and Barracuda caps. Late 60's.
CHALLENGER CAPS WILL NOT WORK!

If you have any more questions, be sure to check out the first couple pages. I had many many questions posted and answered.

ROGERK------ That looks bad a$$ on there! Very fitting!

Going to keep an ongoing list for the moment. I had a lot of inquiries on these over the last several weeks and the mailbox is getting full.

1. Wylde1
2. 63valiant*kiss
3. Dartsportgreg
4. Mattsmopars
5. Joeboy
6. 66cuda
7. lil elephant
8. pyp1000
9. bigdemo1

ROGERK------ That looks bad a$$ on there! Very fitting![/quote]

Yeah, It Does! Thanks to your awesome adapter. :cheers:

Going to keep an ongoing list for the moment. I had a lot of inquiries on these over the last several weeks and the mailbox is getting full.

1. Wylde1 PMed
2. 63valiant*kiss PMed
3. Dartsportgreg PMed
4. Mattsmopars PMed
5. Joeboy PMed
6. 66cuda PMed
7. lil elephant PMed
8. pyp1000 PMed
9. bigdemo1 PMed

As mentioned above, all of you guys have been PMed. I will be putting my last 3 on EBAY. That will be the end of them til' the next 12 come in over the next week or so. The only way that might change, is if someone contacts me and says they cant purchase at the moment. (Dont worry if this is the case guys, I wont be offended if you just cant do it right now.) I know the feeling!!!!:cheers:
Anybody else thats interested please just PM me.
Thx for all your interest guys. This thing turned out to be soooooo much bigger than I ever expected. I just made the one for my self and it went nutz after that!
Kool stuff!:-D

1. Wylde1
2. 63valiant*kiss
3. Dartsportgreg
4. Mattsmopars
5. Joeboy
6. 66cuda
7. lil elephant
8. pyp1000
9. bigdemo1
10.340RT ALL PMed!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Wylde1
2. 63valiant*kiss
3. Dartsportgreg
4. Mattsmopars
5. Joeboy
6. 66cuda
7. lil elephant
8. pyp1000
9. bigdemo1
10.340RT
11. 737jetdr All PMed!!!!!!!!!!!
12. EBAY------------------------>
Next Batch
1. Superdart340

1. Wylde1
2. 63valiant*kiss
3. Dartsportgreg
4. Mattsmopars PIF
5. Joeboy
6. 66cuda
7. lil elephant PIF
8. pyp1000
9. bigdemo1
10.340RT
11. 737jetdr PIF

All PMed!!!!!!!!!!!

12. EBAY------------------------>
Next Batch
1. Superdart340
2. 737jetdr
3. Mopower76

Did everybody have to drill new holes in the flip top cap or did there holes line up? Mine don't line up on the 65, guess I gotta drill new ones.

Yeah it really depends on which cap you buy. I had a 4 hole pattern cap and it screwed together no problem. Only holes I had to drill were in the adapter. Id imagine that plenty of you have had to drill holes in the cap or the car, what ever you have chosen. Again, if I had to drill something, I think I would drill the cap base to match the filler tube pattern.

1. 63valiant*kiss
2. pyp1000
3. Superdart340 PIF
4. 737jetdr PIF
5. Mopower76 PIF
6. Revhendo PIF
7. RCS

All PMed!!!
All sold again. Ill be ordering more material as soon as I have a few people wanting them again.
Thx guys. This has been nuts!!!

Got mine sorry I didn't get back sooner,am buying repop cap today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back