[FOR SALE] Ask and you shall recieve! (Flip Top Gas cap Adapter)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update................................
I finally had a chance to measure a 65 A body. I will be making the new design and having some produced hopefully by the end of the month.
I found that while the other on will work it could stand to be a bit thicker on the early 64-66 models. However I was able to check this on both a Valiant and a Barracuda. Both are the same.
On another note, the current one I have will also fit the typical d-150 type trucks. I havent looked into it a whole lot, but we placed it on the truck and it would def. work.
Ill keep you all posted. Chances are Ill post a new thread about the new version of adapter.
Later guys!

I will be on the lookout for updates and would like one for my 65 Barracuda and Tammy's 66 Dart.
I used to live on Little Creek Drive in Va Beach! Miss it there.

If there are any members out there that have a couple of caps for sale I need 2. But please shoot me a PM and don't clutter up the thread. 8)

..I am still too early for this but I will want one later for a '75 Duster..on the pic above, it looks like chrome..did he have it chromed ?

Thanks.
Grassy

..I am still too early for this but I will want one later for a '75 Duster..on the pic above, it looks like chrome..did he have it chromed ?

Thanks.
Grassy

Check the beginning of the thread. He is making an adapter that allows you to use a flip-top gas cap like those from a 67 - 69 Barracudas and (not sure what years) Chargers instead of the stock cap. You will need to get the flip-top gas cap, many vendors sell them new or a good used one will work.

Actually I did but was slighty confused at what he was selling..thank you for setting me straight.

Hey all, Donnie the guy that makes these Ironically live just around the corner from me (go figure) He came by the other day with one of his adapters and we did a fit test on my 65 Valiant and it is purfect!! I have seen some pictures with them on the later Valiants and it looks cool... Just so everyone knows its a fit, and the guy is really cool too...

Oh yeah, and we did a fit test on the 77 Truck, looks like it will work on that too....

Hey thanks Rick!
While Im sure the current design will fit Im going to give a tiny bit more room as to keep it off the paint of your cars! I will be ordering the material and, again I hope to have them done by the end of the month. I have my absolute last one on Ebay right now. I thought I had sold them all and found one last one a few days ago.

As for a FORD truck??????? Hmmmmmm a ford would be so blessed to bare such a piece of Chrysler engineering! LOL But really I have no idea! I dont know anyone right off hand with one to check against either. Sorry!
Later guys! Ill keep you posted.:-D

Finally had time this afternoon to get this on.
4mula, thanks again for the adapter.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Adapters are being made as I type this. Ill be sure to post when I have them in hand. This will also fit the early A's 64-66 Barracuda and Valiant. Have not checked the Dart yet.

No problem. Ill be sure to let you know when I have them. Once I have these I will contact the people who have already contacted me. They will have first grabs on this batch. After that, the rest will be up for grabs.
Thanks again guys!!!!

I have been told by the machinist they are ready!!!

I will be first contacting all of you who have PMed me. I will get you the same email I have given to all of the other 36 people that have gotten them. After that Ill figure out what I have left and then start a list with who ever contacts me.
I have had around 10 people contact me via PMs and I have had 24 made this time.
Ill be getting a hold of all of the PM'ers this eve.
Thx guys!!!!!!!!!

By the way I have 3 flip top caps I have picked up here and there. I had planned on leaving the best one chrome and then powder coating one of them black and the other one a cool silver color. I havent really put much effort into these yet or even cleaned them up for that matter. Just a note. PM me if interested.

I sent this via PM to some but wanted to make sure you all got the message!

Hey guys, I am writing this and copying to all that have ordered adapters.
I wanted to apologize for the adapters not being to you already. Between life and then the ridiculous "NOR EASTER" we had this week it kept me from getting them out. However I am pleased to say EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS ORDERED ONE, HAS ONE IN THE MAIL AS I TYPE THIS! They have all been sent! It is shipped via US postal service in a small padded envelope and was sent priority mail.
If you have any questions please feel free to get back to me. Thx
Again, sorry for the delay!
Donnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back