Atf for 904/999 transmission

-
I didn't see that it was dexron, I googled type F, and I assumed.... you know what happens when you assume.....
Still Walmart type f is $5.23, so still $21/gallon. Instead of over $50.
Yea 5 dollars a quart is alot better than the name brand stuff.

Have you fixed the leak?

If the fluid is reasonably new, reuse it.

If you are dropping the pan that frequently- Do you have a reusable, silicon gasket?

The third time I need to drop a pan, I consider a pan with a drain plug.

I use the walmart "SuperTech" brand ATF+4.

Easy to find and not super expensive.

Yep.

I'm quite happy with mine.

I've posted the ebay link to FABO and FBBO.

...of course I can't find it today :(

Have you fixed the leak?

If the fluid is reasonably new, reuse it.

If you are dropping the pan that frequently- Do you have a reusable, silicon gasket?

The third time I need to drop a pan, I consider a pan with a drain plug.

I use the walmart "SuperTech" brand ATF+4.

Easy to find and not super expensive.
Im working on the leak still. I dropped the pan yesterday and i am replacing it i have another thread about it. But it looks like im gonna get the aluminum one from summit. As well as im replacing the selector shaft seal. So im trying to get the leak stopped. The fluid isn't old at all only has a few miles on it. I replaced the gasket and drove it up and down the street 4 or 5 times to discover it was still leaking. But the majority of it leaked out I put a pan under the car since I knew it was leaking to try and catch it but something carried my pan off. I was able to recover 3 quarts.

Im about to replace my transmission pan gasket for the 4th time

There's a problem. Check the dipstick o-ring also. The section width has to be correct as well. Too thin, it will leak again. Too thick, you'll never get it seated properly.

There's a problem. Check the dipstick o-ring also. The section width has to be correct as well. Too thin, it will leak again. Too thick, you'll never get it seated properly.
Im replacing the gear selector seal this time around i believe it maybe leaking there also. I know the pan was leaking i checked it after I got it off and it is not flat on the bottom its warped at some point in its life.

How's the Hogg convertor working, stall ?

How's the Hogg convertor working, stall ?
So far its working ok on the street. It doesn't have nearly enough stall tho I need a better one I just couldn't afford one I got the hogg for a song and I couldn't turn it down. It wants to go as soon I put it in gear. If I foot break it I can get it up to about 1800 before it starts spinning which is pretty close to what its rated at 1600-2200 stall so 1800 is about right

So far its working ok on the street. It doesn't have nearly enough stall tho I need a better one I just couldn't afford one I got the hogg for a song and I couldn't turn it down. It wants to go as soon I put it in gear. If I foot break it I can get it up to about 1800 before it starts spinning which is pretty close to what its rated at 1600-2200 stall so 1800 is about right
ewwww that's bout bone stock.

Yea its a stock replacement converter. It was pretty much brand new and I think I gave 75 dollars for it. Maybe someday I can upgrade
Well that wasn't too bad then. At least you got something that works and will get you by.

If it's leaking at idle it's lower that the dipstick o-ring. It only gets above the o-ring when the convertor drains back

If it's leaking at idle it's lower that the dipstick o-ring. It only gets above the o-ring when the convertor drains back
Unless it coming out of a pressure line fitting.

I know im beating a dead horse reopening this thread but I just want to make sure I'm not screwing up anything. So by the recommendations made in this thread im gonna switch to the type f fluid. Is ok to mix the type f and atf4? I dropped the pan but im sure the converter is still full of atf4. I also have a couple quarts of atf4 I drained from the pan will it be ok to mix the two? Thanks guys

I just bought a case of ATF+4 (12 qts) from the local parts store for $100. It's a lot less expensive than rebuilding the transmission

I knew a guy who sprung a huge leak out in the desert. He filled his trans back up with Avian. Drove it back to town and changed it out. No problems....not recommended...but Rossi used to sell 10wt oil as racing transmission fluid....you can dump ANYTHING into a TF.

I just bought a case of ATF+4 (12 qts) from the local parts store for $100. It's a lot less expensive than rebuilding the transmission
From the comments im reading atf4 isn't recommended for the older tf transmissions that's what I've been using

-
Back