Aussie valiant 6.1 conversion

-

pacer20

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been lurking on these sites for sometime gathering information and ideas on the gen 3 conversions. I'm from Melbourne Australia. I've started on my own conversion about 2 months ago, I had previously had a 383 big block In there but at heart I always wanted the new school engine. It's a 2010 model srt8 6.1 with 115,000 km so it's still pretty fresh. Gearbox will be the 727, computer is going to be the efi source cable operated throttle body. Exhaust manifolds will be custom. The engine is also going to be centralized to clear exhaust and oil filter.

picture host

upload foto

screen shot on windows

Hopefully soon I'll be organising the exhaust side and all the rest when I save up !!!

Looking good mate. I'm planning on doing the same to my VE valiant. Who did you get the conversion parts from? Sump, mounts etc. Will be keeping an eye on your build for sure. Good luck.

Looking good mate. I'm planning on doing the same to my VE valiant. Who did you get the conversion parts from? Sump, mounts etc. Will be keeping an eye on your build for sure. Good luck.

Yes mate good I think it's the way to go. They are getting more common thought I was the only one shoving gen 3 in smelly 4 door valiant haha. Conversion products were sourced from Elko performance based in Melbourne..such as sump, oil pick up and few other bits and pieces. The engine mounts are from a bloke in Queensland that makes them himself very pleased with his product. Pm me if you want his number.

I have since last post had the trans tunnel fabricated to a larger size. Parts of steering rack rebuilt. In built Holley efi pump is on order and will be fitted to standard tank.

free upload

image hosting websites

free photo hosting

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wow. Some major surgery going on there. Thanks for the info. Yes it seems components are getting easier to find in Oz. When I get my engine I'll definitely get in contact with you about those mounts. Are they what helped centre the motor or did you have to modify the x member? Cheers.

Well iam centering the motor for clearences purpose, I personally like an engine to be in the middle anyway but each to there own. If you want to do a quick and cheap job you could just put in some conversion mounts and bobs your uncle. The mounts iam using do allow the motor to be in the center but using a 904 auto as it is smaller. I'll be running the 727 so was abit tight and tunnel work was needed in saying that I only bought the mounts for the engine side not the k member side (which you can also purchase) and the k frame mounts will be custom but really there isn't much to the k member side mounts. After all this then hopefully get the exhaust started on

Last edited:
I'm definitely for centralising the engine. As we know us aussie have enough trouble with the right hand side of the engine bay. I'm planning on using the nag1 trans as I'm building a cruiser and would love the overdrive. Hopefully not too much tunnel surgery. Love what you are doing. Keep the updates coming.

Not much room in there buts it's possible ! The nag1 would be lovely, really behave nice on the freeway. Where abouts are you from

South Australia mate. Had the drag car thing for many years, now with family, just want a cool reliable cruiser that still has some punch. Hemi will fit the bill perfectly. So much info out there on these swaps. Cool to see it happening in Oz. Gonna get more popular I reckon.

South Australia mate. Had the drag car thing for many years, now with family, just want a cool reliable cruiser that still has some punch. Hemi will fit the bill perfectly. So much info out there on these swaps. Cool to see it happening in Oz. Gonna get more popular I reckon.

It definately will tick all the boxes. I'm going for a reliable street car sort of thing haha, I still love to cruise around aswell. The old 383 was abit grumpy, defiantly not sit in and drive kind of combo I had. It has start to become popular, engines are getting cheaper ect ect.

It definately will tick all the boxes. I'm going for a reliable street car sort of thing haha, I still love to cruise around aswell. The old 383 was abit grumpy, defiantly not sit in and drive kind of combo I had. It has start to become popular, engines are getting cheaper ect ect.

Nice work so far bro, I'm dropping a 6.1 into my valiant charger. Ive gone for an RMS AlterKation front end to give me a bit more clearance for headers and steering. Looking forward to following your posts.

How ya doing mate just wondering how ya going with your Ve valiant hemi swap with nag1 I am chasing information as Iam just about to start my own project I have a vg hardtop and have just brought a 2007 Chrysler 300c for my conversion it has a 5.7 with nag1 any information on the swap would be much appreciated cheers

" Bobs your uncle ?" never heard that one, lol ! dig the signal and tail lights , never seen those before. carry on private .

IMG_7526.JPG
IMG_7466.JPG
IMG_7464.JPG
IMG_7525.JPG
Nice work so far bro, I'm dropping a 6.1 into my valiant charger. Ive gone for an RMS AlterKation front end to give me a bit more clearance for headers and msteering. Looking forward to following your posts.

Thanks mate, 6.1 and charger sound good :) my brother is running that front end and it looks like a very good setup. These hemis need all the clearance they can to make it easier and simpler to work on.

How ya doing mate just wondering how ya going with your Ve valiant hemi swap with nag1 I am chasing information as Iam just about to start my own project I have a vg hardtop and have just brought a 2007 Chrysler 300c for my conversion it has a 5.7 with nag1 any information on the swap would be much appreciated cheers

It's getting there, the extractors have been made up. I'm just waiting on the throttle body's from efi source as they have run out of stock on the bbk 85mm. Iam not running the nag1, just the good old 727 to make it simpler. I won't be driving the car everyday so not too worried about overdrive or smoother gears/changes. Advice would be to get the tunnel expanded to suit, custom motor mounts to sit the engine where it wants to as many off the shelf kits aren't always what they seem to be. Better to put in the extra $ and do it right once. I've learnt my lesson the hard way.

Have got some progress done, radiator is on and hoses connected. Extractors are painted and bolted on. New thermostat, dash is taken apart for a rewire as the there has been some previous short somewhere and has ruined it big time

IMG_7575.JPG

IMG_7564.JPG
IMG_7566.JPG
IMG_7567.JPG
IMG_7570.JPG
IMG_7575.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

Great build. I'm doing a 6.1 into a s series which has been going on for a while but getting some more momentum now.... Are you running the mildon 3100 pan? It looks a bit deeper than mine as I was hoping to get the rack in without slicing a chunk out of it. Also do you know if the efi source ms3 will be good to drive the alternator without a external voltage reg? Apart from those two things should be good to go. Good luck with the rest of the build!!

-
Back