Separate names with a comma.
That looks so sweet!
A work of art!
Gotta be a great day when you go to your certifying engineer for the first time and he approves of everything you’ve done, and everything you propose to do, including all the aftermarket parts!
Been playing around at a long term project for the Dodge….I now know what the cover and back page of the original handbook looks like…easy to reproduce with my finish ute on the cover…turns out the Dodge handbook is the same as the Valiant other than the cover…the challenge is to rewrite it to include all my mods to look like they were factory…the text is easy, making the images is a lot more involved…here’s a couple of attempts, by the time they are reduced in size and printed, I think they will look the part…
Another couple of…just because I can, projects…these are just test units for the engineer to look at. I know I’ll have to rethink my daylight run lights, just too bright….hoping the indicators mounted in the mirrors comply, but there are limits to now bright they can be compared to the factory indicators. Originals are being made brighter so I hope that makes the mirrors legal…but there are ways around the problem!
daylight run lights...
Next part of the project is a custom front bumper bar….as I couldn’t get a spare to modify I have to go the long way about it! Repair the original bar, take a mould. Cast a new bar and then modify that. Make a second mould of the modified bar, then cast the final unit! Weighed the factory bar at 9kg, new fiberglass bar is 3.6kg….5.4kg saving, along with the fiberglass bonnet, that will offset the aircon’s weight!
Your work is well thought out as usual. Nicely done!
Well done like the mirrors and the DRL's they are pretty bright probably brighter than stock sealed beams
I thought I'd over done the DLR's until I put them in full daylight....I'll be cutting the number of LED's back by a few. We'll see what the engineer has to say! I have noticed several cars driving at night by the factory DLR's alone, so yes some are bright enough to drive by....
Quite a big update this time, but a lot of work has gone into the bar front bar…here’s the progress through to being in primer.
looks geat love your work you certainly love to fibreglass obviously, much better lkne than factory with the bumper
Well that was a long process (250 hours plus) but now it’s all but done. Just got the mounts to finish and onto the next job! Won't go through all the mould making process, it's the same as I did for the stock bar. Finished photo's on the ute to come soon!