AVS leak

-

dan5354

Reaction score
I recently noticed a drip of fuel from what looks like plug at the bottom front of the float bowl of my AVS. I've heard Jamie from Dead Dodge Garage mention such a leak, but he never really talked about it in any of the videos that I've seen. This would explain the float bowl being empty sooner than evaporation could make it happen. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I recently noticed a drip of fuel from what looks like plug at the bottom front of the float bowl of my AVS. I've heard Jamie from Dead Dodge Garage mention such a leak, but he never really talked about it in any of the videos that I've seen. This would explain the float bowl being empty sooner than evaporation could make it happen. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

They normally use 2 part epoxy to seal those plugs.
Kind of a common problem really.

This ^^^^.

To help keep the epoxy in place, drill a couple of small holes at different angles next to the plug. heat. Warm the carb base & THEN apply the epoxy. It will flow into the holes & lock the epoxy insert in place.

These plugs on Carter's can be easily replaced. They come in some kits.

And did you think about what's behind these plugs before you drill holes? These are air/fuel passages that don't need drill shavings or epoxy in them.

The place for epoxy is on holleys where the metal of the carb is peened over the metal disc to hold it in place. There is an oring behind the disc that fails. No good way to remove and replace on those o rings or discs.

D6412732-2BAA-4049-9BB9-DD9FB984066D.jpeg

Quadrajunk perpetual issue, main body jet well plugs drain out overnight into intake, clean & epoxy let it cure completely.

-
Back