Axle rotation

-
pics of rear shackles please

20201017_193912.jpg

Have them de-arched at a spring shop or remove a leaf for now. If/when the springs do settle, you can add the leaf back later.
But please consider having them de-arched, enough to get rid of those lowering blocks. It will also lengthen your effective spring length and get your shackles oriented correctly.

Last edited:
sorry, i can't tell. is that with the weight on the ground or ?

Here is what I see on your pictures;

Your calipers are on the wrong sides.

The springs are e or b body just by looking at the rear spring eye they take the large diameter shackles. The hanger on the body won't let you instal the correct bushing without modifying it. He probably sold the springs is because he had the same problem

Your frame definitely needs to be addressed. you can see scaling covering the hole on the inside. Those rust chunks didn't get thrown in there.

Also whats with the screws holding that exhaust hanger? There is a spot on the rail for the hanger to mount it using a fender style J-clip.

One reminder is the front and rear hangers usually need to be upgraded to use SS or none A-body OEM springs . Pre 73 uses a different front hanger which changes spring eye height and bolt diameter. The rear needs to have a larger tube welded in for the larger bushing to match the spring eye.

One last thing , Where did you buy a housing with the spring perches welded on for your car? When ever you replace your housing or springs in your car they should be installed loose, pinion angle set. then tacked in place. I never bought a new housing with the perched welded on.

When installing SS springs many guys just put them on their existing perches. They will never work properly like that . I installed a set on a rear with an inboard kit and left the originals on. They ended up at different angles from one side to another. Then when I installed the Calvert mono leafs they had to be cut off due to them not setting on the springs evenly.

You need to find a local mech to help you on your car or you will be fighting issues and taking one step forward and two steps back the whole way. Just from what I have seen on this post you need someone to help you in person.

you can see the different angles on these pictures. We just cut them off again because we bought a different weight spring and are lowering the new car. Everytime you change a housing or spring your pinion angle should be set.

Sell the blocks to someone with a truck. LOL

Steve 108.JPG

Steve 109.JPG

100_0371.JPG

100_0263.JPG

Thanks. Yah I think I'll order a new set of springs from ESPO. These have been a nightmare. Definitely addressing the rust also.
Housing came from Moser with perches set at stock pinion angle.
8 3/4 Mopar Fabricated Housing & Axle Package - Moser Engineering
Nope, I'm not an expert mechanic but I want to learn and do my own work. I'm fine with making mistakes. The point of having the car is to have fun with it and do it myself.
Here is what I see on your pictures;

Your calipers are on the wrong sides.

The springs are e or b body just by looking at the rear spring eye they take the large diameter shackles. The hanger on the body won't let you instal the correct bushing without modifying it. He probably sold the springs is because he had the same problem

Your frame definitely needs to be addressed. you can see scaling covering the hole on the inside. Those rust chunks didn't get thrown in there.

Also whats with the screws holding that exhaust hanger? There is a spot on the rail for the hanger to mount it using a fender style J-clip.

One reminder is the front and rear hangers usually need to be upgraded to use SS or none A-body OEM springs . Pre 73 uses a different front hanger which changes spring eye height and bolt diameter. The rear needs to have a larger tube welded in for the larger bushing to match the spring eye.

One last thing , Where did you buy a housing with the spring perches welded on for your car? When ever you replace your housing or springs in your car they should be installed loose, pinion angle set. then tacked in place. I never bought a new housing with the perched welded on.

When installing SS springs many guys just put them on their existing perches. They will never work properly like that . I installed a set on a rear with an inboard kit and left the originals on. They ended up at different angles from one side to another. Then when I installed the Calvert mono leafs they had to be cut off due to them not setting on the springs evenly.

You need to find a local mech to help you on your car or you will be fighting issues and taking one step forward and two steps back the whole way. Just from what I have seen on this post you need someone to help you in person.

you can see the different angles on these pictures. We just cut them off again because we bought a different weight spring and are lowering the new car. Everytime you change a housing or spring your pinion angle should be set.

Sell the blocks to someone with a truck. LOL

View attachment 1715614989

View attachment 1715614990

View attachment 1715614991

View attachment 1715614992

Thanks. Yah I think I'll order a new set of springs from ESPO. These have been a nightmare. Definitely addressing the rust also.
Housing came from Moser with perches set at stock pinion angle.
8 3/4 Mopar Fabricated Housing & Axle Package - Moser Engineering
Nope, I'm not an expert mechanic but I want to learn and do my own work. I'm fine with making mistakes. The point of having the car is to have fun with it and do it myself.

-
Back