Bad A$$ 1966 Dart in my area on Craigslist

-
Sorry, but it just ain't my type.

Not the wheels, not the lowered, not the poor color between red and interior, and not even the quad grille mod. What this guy has done is put one hell of a lot of money into something that damn few people would be interested in, in other words, he has greatly limited his customer base.

I do like the tail lights, and even though blurry, the engine bay looks to be very well done. Can't decide on the chop. If you "sit" in in and the chop makes you look stupid, then, no

Good 'xample of "not"

chopped_mustang.jpg

and no. Might be cool n rad 'n all but if you can't sit in it and DRIVE it, then, no

ChoppedTopIdea.jpg

@67dart273 Yeah id agree. You make some good points. Man if I had the time and money to put into my dart such as this guy, id build up a super stock drag racer. Huge slicks, nice frame, the whole list. :glasses7: One of these days.

Art comes in all forms..

Your mind is like a parachute, it has to be open to work

This car has been listed for well over a year now, maybe even a few years. It pops up for awhile, then he takes it down, then it goes back up, and so on and so forth. The price has never changed, ad has been identical the entire time.

I actually like the chop and even the grille. Can't say I like the airbags, rims, or tail much though. What really gets me is the cheap looking gauges and horrible center console. I've seen MUCH nicer home built consoles right here on FABO. Given what he says he has into the car, I shudder to think how much money exchanged hands for that console. :puke:

Bottom line is, he paid someone else to do way too much custom work, and paid them too much to do it on top of that. There's no way that car will bring $85k, even if someone likes ALL of it.

I don't even need to look at the ad to know that I wouldn't want it at any price. I'm a big fan of the 66 GT, but not that one...

I dont like the grill looks like it came out of a ford . The tail lights suck too . I like the rest just a few little things on the inside i would have to make fit me lol . But if i had the money to just burn i still would not give 10 grand for it after all its still a 66 dart .

Whether you like the style or not, you have to agree the execution is great.

I like it, especially the chopped roof, nicely done!

I don't like the head lights/grille.....maybe a modified 66-67 Charger hidden lights would have been cool? Looks like a Chevy grille now.....the 66 Cuda dash looks nice but it should have been chrome plated and not painted flat like that. He will never get his money back, but it is a nice car, even if there are things people don't like.

I admire the car for what it is, and he fact that he did it up the way he wanted it. Unfortunately, he is now selling HiS car, and will never find a buyer for it at that price!!

what hes looking for is some one like jay leno . that has enough money to blow on some thing like that lol If i remeber right Jay has a ford festeva with a vette motor in it ...... So thats what th guys hoping for .

I respect the hell out of anyone that can restore a car like that. The craftsmanship is far beyond what I could do. It's not my style at all but I can admire the work that went into it.

The chop top looks good to me. Not overdone like the Mustang and yellow pickup pictured above. The body looks good if you're into that sort of thing.

What gets me is the interior. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but people can pump tens of thousands of dollars into custom stitching, vinyl, dashes, consoles, etc and it always just looks cheap and aftermarket to me. Kinda like they just walked down the aftermarket aisle at Pep Boys and picked up a bunch of cool "chrome" things and threw them on the car. And whats with the Jesus stitching in the trunk? Kind of weird and a major non seller right there.

I can't see the car fetching more than $25k at most. The type of people that usually like those cars don't have $85k laying around.

Encouraging that someone would put that much money and effort into one of our early A's. Why they would want to part with it is the question, since it mainly has value to the designer. Not a practical driver since the first speed bump would take out the engine and tranny. The chop almost looks likes they photoshop stretched the image. If it really looks like that, it is eye-catching, especially if Foose designs are your preference.

-
Back