Bad Apple Duster project

-
Glad you posted the thread. From that first pic it didn't appear that the Duster needed that much metal work. You did a great job, it turned out excellent. Enjoy it, you deserve it. :-D

Nice job. What you have running that thing?
Cant wait to see what you do with your scamp.

A 340 from a 69 Dart bored .030, mild cam, Edlbrock Air-gap intake, Hooker super comp. headers, runs pretty good.:snakeman:

I have another thread about the Scamp called "Resurrecting the EvilScamp project" most of the metal work is done, i have it stripped to a rolling chassis.
I have been toying with a color change but still have a lot of work to do to it before i decide for sure.

Finally found a nice grille emblem for the Duster, just a little cleaning and touched up the black painted part.
Didn't originally have one but i like them and wanted to ad it for a long time, would have been much easier to put on before the grille was in! :angry7:

081.jpg

Well it's been over 2 years since i finished my Duster and now it's time to do some upgrades and changes to it.

There is now a large hole where the 340 used to call home

After a few set backs during the build it will be replaced by something bigger, still lots to do on it!

Also the aluminum slots will be going away and also big replaced by something bigger, 275/60/15

Will also be swapping out the gears for a set of 3.55's, plus alot of other things planned.
Hopefully it will be back together by spring! :burnout:

Put one the new tires on today to see how it's gonna look, definately gives it a different look and i like how it fills up the wheel opening.
The new tires are about 3 inches taller and 2 inches wider than the slots were.

How does it look?

Looked good.Been considering a B/RB swap,some time down the road.Subscribed.

Looked good.Been considering a B/RB swap,some time down the road.Subscribed.

I'm hoping to have it in the car by the end of the year, still have some more parts to get for it before then i just got a set of roller rockers now i gotta find a set of push rods yet.
I used VHT Hemi orange but the colored in the pic. looks washed out, i clear coated it yesterday so maybe the next pics. will look better.

I really like the paint color.
May shoot the old truck with it.
The chips that summit provide is not that great, but on the Duster is looks good.

I really like the paint color.
May shoot the old truck with it.
The chips that summit provide is not that great, but on the Duster is looks good.

The paint is holding up pretty good but it faded a little more than i would like.

-
Back