balancer recomendations

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
externally balanced 360 street strip 6500 max rpm. Not looking to break the bank. Will a stock napa unit from a 80's pick up do the job?

Is your 360 a Magnum or LA ?
The 2 motors use different balancers. As long as you get the correct balancer for
your motor (Magnum or LA),it should be fine.

I use the Mopar Performance balancer,for my LA 360.
P5007301 Externally balanced 360.

LA engine. I am between these two. The first being a stock replacement.

555-51671.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/51671/10002/-1

The second being sfi approved, timing marks engraved, snap ring holding rubber together.

555-516031_2.jpg

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/516031/10002/-1

I think they are both made by pioneer and sold under the jegs name.

I think they are both made by pioneer and sold under the jegs name.

Pioneer makes good stuff..
If your not going to the track,that stock replacement should be fine,plus
the price is right.

Looks like nhra rules state 10.99 or faster need the sfi balancer. My goal has always been 11.50's (fastest you can go at the track without a cage)

I know the price is twice as much but I would go with the sfi app from jegs. Anyone who has ever had the outer part come off or even slip knows this is not a good thing. Damage to engine or even the hood, radiator, people, sheep, low flying birds etc. can result.

I know the price is twice as much but I would go with the sfi app from jegs. Anyone who has ever had the outer part come off or even slip knows this is not a good thing. Damage to engine or even the hood, radiator, people, sheep, low flying birds etc. can result.

If you can bear to spring a little more, take a look at 'blem' balancers from ATI. I picked up an ATI Super Damper direct from ATI for $200. They sell some of them on ebay so I just messaged them about another piece, asking for a couple of different part no.s. They tracked one down in under a day for me. And as I've stated on similar threads on here before, I still have no idea why it failed QC.

If you can bear to spring a little more, take a look at 'blem' balancers from ATI. I picked up an ATI Super Damper direct from ATI for $200. They sell some of them on ebay so I just messaged them about another piece, asking for a couple of different part no.s. They tracked one down in under a day for me. And as I've stated on similar threads on here before, I still have no idea why it failed QC.
:thumblef:

I could justify spending that kinda cash on a high dollar build. Were talking stock crank and rods with speed pro 4 valve relief pistons. 323hp to the wheels.

I picked up a MoPar part. Excellent quality, made in Canada.

Used the Mopar and Pioneer,in hotter combos than that.The ATI blm,cool idea.Poor sheep.

-
Back