Ball joint replacement

-
If it's not a restoration front end rebuild (I've only done one that had to be "correct") I use black engine enamel. It holds up well. I don't tend to paint calipers, but I'd use the same paint.
That is what i had in mind too.

If you don't,you can get maimed for life.
Put the nuts back on pronto!
until the T-bars are loosened all the way, and you might as well push them to the back, so you can remove the LCAs from the chassis
I put my bj nuts back on last night until i can loosen my torsion bars and separate the bjs thank you for the heads up safety first!!

What type of enamel holds up better oil based or acrylic enamel? Walmart has sprayable rustolium oilbased enamel for like 9 bucks a quart would it hold up ?

with the LCA;s disconnected, I used a pipe wrench on the lower torsion bar socket and forced it down (clockwise) to get the torque off the torsion bar and pry it out. I usually never fiddled with the adjuster bolts, but its been a long time since I took them out. Just be safe. If something is under tension, note the direction of release and be aware.

mail.cleanerupproducts.com/products/HAMMERITE-44240-QT-GLOSS-BLACK-SMOOTH-FINISH.html
This stuff here? Would this work for my control arms and suspension parts?

Got some more work done today got everything out on the passenger side the torsion bar came out no problem thanks for all the advice with that. I got the lca pin out using a ball joint press and a bolt from the uca. The ball joints looked good they appered to be aftermarket and they seemed fine but im gonna replace them anyways i gotta clean everything and paint and reassemble hopefully get some more work done tomorrow. Oh I also got the steering gear loose!! I will post some pics

Here are some pics

20180618_201530.jpg

20180618_200918.jpg

20180618_200921.jpg

20180618_201047.jpg

20180618_203344.jpg

I got some more work done today got the upper bushings out and started cleaning them up i got the lower control arm pin out and got the rubber out of the lca i have to weld me a washer and get the metal part out!! Once again my handy dandy ball joint press came to the rescue getting the bushings out

20180619_175456(0).jpg

20180619_183836.jpg

20180619_192421.jpg

20180619_193227.jpg

20180619_193241.jpg

I used the ball joint press for removing the bushings it worked like a charm

Ok I am continuing working on my suspension I got the drivers side stripped down now except for one camber bolt I can not get it out. It appears to be stuck inside the bushing. Any advice on getting it out?

Ok I am continuing working on my suspension I got the drivers side stripped down now except for one camber bolt I can not get it out. It appears to be stuck inside the bushing. Any advice on getting it out?

Soak it in WD40 or PB Blaster or something similar and then wait a day. If it doesn't loosen up after than you'll probably have to heat it up to break it loose.

Ok thanks it's been soaking in kroil for the last two days I tried to drive it out with an air hammer but i couldnt get my chisel to stay on the bolt I was gonna try to put a nut back on it and try the air hammer again heat was my next option.

Flame wrench I like that lol my neighbor has a flame wrench I may have to holler at him! Thanks for the offer but I already bought some I bought all new everthing for the front suspension. Still waiting on my steering gear I have alot of clean up sanding and painting to do before I can start reassembly!

Ok guys I got my uca out I tried the heat didn't work i dont have an oxy acetylene torch so i used the next best thing I do have a saws all lol I have a new problem tho I got everything. Loose the lca is free but i cannot get the torsion bar out the other side slide right out with not problem at all this side will not come out i made a homemade puller with a piece of flat steel and u bolts and it still won't budge even with a 3 lb hammer any ideas?

Ok guys I got my uca out I tried the heat didn't work i dont have an oxy acetylene torch so i used the next best thing I do have a saws all lol I have a new problem tho I got everything. Loose the lca is free but i cannot get the torsion bar out the other side slide right out with not problem at all this side will not come out i made a homemade puller with a piece of flat steel and u bolts and it still won't budge even with a 3 lb hammer any ideas?

Did you remove the clip?

I actually had it out the back the whole control arm went with it tho so i pit the lca pin back on the kframe to get it out

-
Back