Barn find hauler

-
Gotta love that aftermarket "chrome" windshield trim. I wonder what's under the hood, or um cab I suppose? Late 40s/early 50's model probably?

I know the guy who owns it. Pulled it out of his dads garage where it sat for years. He's not a car guy so plans for it up in air right now.

It looks like a 47 COE they are rare birds you see a lot of fords but chevys n dodges are harder to find. that would make a killer hauler!!!!!

Attachments

• COE HAULER #3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 741
  • COE HAULER.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 739
I think a wrecker would make an incredible rat rod. Before I bought my barracuda I came this --><--- close to buying a 1938 ford wrecker to do exactly that.

I'd say from the red paint showin through and the gumball machine light on the roof she started life as a fire truck. A friend of mine has a 30 something Dodge hump top panel truck he was tryin to talk me into throwing a 340 in and making it into a street rod Panel Delivery. When I decided I was interested, he said he had done some research and found out there was only one other one in the country in original form, it has been restored and is in a museum - there went my Village Print Shop fast delivery truck!

Looks like Mater's older brother. Cool truck!

That's a big *** wrecker for back then. Ain't a small one now.

Cool find...Would be a neat hauler for rat rod...keep the patina and clear coat her!

Oh how cool. Those old COE's are definetly a rare breed and badass.

What for motor is in it? Flathead 6?

Here's one that I seen in Gettysburg,PA running around.

Attachments

• 2012-12-20_12-09-35_856.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 460
I meant "chrome" on the windshield as a joke, sometimes I've referred to duct tape that way.
Reminds me that I would love to have my Dad's 68 D-500 1 1/2 ton for a Mopar hauler now, he sold it 20 years ago for a mere $300, but it needed a lot. I bet it's very hard to get parts for that truck now,except common 318 engine stuff.
It was a true testament to the toughness of Dodge trucks. That truck was picked up by an apx. F-3 or F-4 tornado in 1985. It landed 1/4 mile away in the cornfield, the flat bed was taken and never found. All the glass was knocked out, metal dented to pieces. However, it actually landed right side up. Dad went out there and it started up the old 318 and it ran like nothing happened!!! Ha! take that tornado. Never say die!Apparently the fuel tank didn't rupture among other things.

I found these last year in NM. Not running but looked cool!

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_6111.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_6110.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 349
looks to me to be a 37 dodge COE COE are very popular in the street rod and custom car world,,,
any one watch storage wars ?? the guy barry has on converted to a pick up bed on the back all custom super kool,,,,

-
Back