Battery in the oven?

-
What a coincidence, I wonder if the guy with the frozen battery was charged with battery by the cops? Get it? charge and battery (auto definition) and charge someone with battery (legal definition).

Battery is a crime and also the basis for a lawsuit as a civil wrong if there is damage. A battery is any:

a. Willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another; or

b. Actual, intentional and unlawful touching or striking of another person against the will of the other; or

c. Unlawfully and intentionally causing bodily harm to an individual.

battery.jpg

i had a hard time getting my bronco started these last few days (temps around 0 Fahrenheit) so i just put a space heater under the hood and let it cook for about 15 minutes

works like a charm

I painted a rim in the garage and pre-heated to 200' then shut off and threw it in there. My wife wasn't happy at dinner time !

i had a hard time getting my bronco started these last few days (temps around 0 Fahrenheit) so i just put a space heater under the hood and let it cook for about 15 minutes

works like a charm
A heating pad works as well.

As a teen we wanted to make gunpowder. I wanted to dry out the powdered charcoal we made in the oven, but Mom would not let me. She thought it would blow up the oven. We had sulfur, but never got a hold of any salt peter to complete the recipe.

saltpeter.jpg

It didn't take me long to figure out that you can get a oxy/acetylene torch, get it lit and burning right then knock the flame out with a big glove. You get a 3 liter bottle with a hole in the bottom and fuse stuck through the cap. You fill it with the gas then tape the hole. Lite the fuse and run like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't take me long to figure out that you can get a oxy/acetylene torch, get it lit and burning right then knock the flame out with a big glove. You get a 3 liter bottle with a hole in the bottom and fuse stuck through the cap. You fill it with the gas then tape the hole. Lite the fuse and run like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big trash bags work well, too. :D

Big trash bags work well, too. :D
NOPE!!! Good explosions are all about containment. Those 3 Liter plastic bottles can hold a lot of pressure before they blow. If you ever jammed one under your car tire and ran over it you'd know what I'm talking about. A plastic bag wouldn't hold much pressure, it would blow up but would fizzle. On the other hand, a heavy duty plastic bottle will explode pretty violently. One new year's eve I filled a 3 liter bottle and put a fuse in it. My youngest son (who was a dare devil) asked if he could take it out into the field across the street from our house and lite it. I told him that it would be OK with me as long as he lit the fuse and ran as fast as possible back to me. He said "OK". I gave him the lighter and he disappeared into the night across the field. We all saw the lighter flame in the darkness as he lit the fuse then we could see the fuse burning. I waited and waited but my son never showed back up. The damn thing exploded and lit up the whole neighborhood and shook the windows. After the explosion my son finally showed up laughing like hell. He was pumped up with adrenaline. I looked down at his leg and noticed a lot of blood coming from his calf. When I checked out his calf I found a large chunk of plastic buried in his calf. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull it out, it was buried pretty deep. He never felt the plastic enter his calf (too excited). But he surely winched when I pulled the chuck of plastic out of his leg!!! I asked him why it took so long for him to get back to us after he lit the fuse
. He said that after he lit the fuse he dropped the lighter and in the dark he had a hard time finding it as the fuse burned away. He said that he finally found the lighter and started to run away when the bottle exploded. I consider myself lucky that my son got far enough away to only get a shrapnel wound.

NOPE!!! Good explosions are all about containment. Those 3 Liter plastic bottles can hold a lot of pressure before they blow. If you ever jammed one under your car tire and ran over it you'd know what I'm talking about. A plastic bag wouldn't hold much pressure, it would blow up but would fizzle. On the other hand, a heavy duty plastic bottle will explode pretty violently. One new year's eve I filled a 3 liter bottle and put a fuse in it. My youngest son (who was a dare devil) asked if he could take it out into the field across the street from our house and lite it. I told him that it would be OK with me as long as he lit the fuse and ran as fast as possible back to me. He said "OK". I gave him the lighter and he disappeared into the night across the field. We all saw the lighter flame in the darkness as he lit the fuse then we could see the fuse burning. I waited and waited but my son never showed back up. The damn thing exploded and lit up the whole neighborhood and shook the windows. After the explosion my son finally showed up laughing like hell. He was pumped up with adrenaline. I looked down at his leg and noticed a lot of blood coming from his calf. When I checked out his calf I found a large chunk of plastic buried in his calf. I had to use a pair of pliers to pull it out, it was buried pretty deep. He never felt the plastic enter his calf (too excited). But he surely winched when I pulled the chuck of plastic out of his leg!!! I asked him why it took so long for him to get back to us after he lit the fuse
. He said that after he lit the fuse he dropped the lighter and in the dark he had a hard time finding it as the fuse burned away. He said that he finally found the lighter and started to run away when the bottle exploded. I consider myself lucky that my son got far enough away to only get a shrapnel wound.
Well thank goodness he found your lighter.

-
Back