Been Lurking

-

4flats

Reaction score
Hello - I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, figured it was well past time to join up. I didn't realize HOW good this site was untill I went looking for an old ford forum. Never take for granted what a great group of enthusiasts FABO has on tap!
You guys are responsible for my actions about 6 months ago. I hooked the tractor up to my first car (1972 dart swinger /6 3sp that my dad bought new and gave to me in 1984) and drug her out of the woods where she sat covered by a protective layer of leaves and dirt since 1994. She is now in my back yard (on 4 flats) with surprisingly little rust considering she was in primer when I parked her. I had forgotten some of the cheezy things a teenager could do to a car in the late '80s! Chrome, non-functional rollcage, air-shocks, Diamond-pleat vinyl, and a bunch of broken floor shifters. Thanks for the inspiration guys, maybe I'll do it right this time... maybe I did it right that time. After all, I never even thought about selling it all those years.

Welcome. Good to have you here. Got any pics of your car. Would love to see it. Good luck on the build.

Thanks, guys! This is just what I was talking about - I posted on a couple of ford and galaxie boards about my '68 and no reply for weeks. You guys are awesome!
I'll try to dig up some "before" and take some current pics.

Burntorange - LOVE your dart, nothing meaner than a dart on the track! Been following your post for a while!

Welcome (officially) to FABO 4flats! I really hope you took some pics of you pulling the Dart with the tractor. That would be great scrapbook material. Any pics of its life would be great to see.

Two years? That's a long time to be lurking. What were you looking for? LOL

Good to see you signed up though and WELCOME!

Jack

Welcome to Fabo man! Gld to hear you have a one owner car, that is very impressive. =D. Lets see some pics of her soon hopefully!

Ha ha, you're absolutely right! I'm spoiled by FABO so I don't even bother going to the Ford forums. Thanks to FABO I can't wait more than 30 minutes for a reply! And I can't believe the attitude I was getting at the Ford forums. Ask a simple question and they often treat you like an idiot.

Great to here about your adventure and your newly to come resto thread lol PICS PLEASE

"The only thing that works on old cars is the owner . . . . ." HAHAHA too true! I randomly search for dart stuff on the web - especially hemi dart superstockers (THE musclecar) and ran across FABO, I was hooked! Especially the jokes, anything goes. I haven't seen that on any other forum. I'm really psyched about finally being inside, don't know why I didn't sign up earlier! No pics of the tractor, but the tow strap is still wedged around the K-member (hate to cut a good tow-strap!)

welcome to fabo 4flats, if you have pictures, i would really like to see them, along with everyone else :p

Welcome.. glad you decided to jump in.

Great history on the car, and looking forward to seeing it as you built way back when.

Grant

I hope we kept you entertained for that time.

Glad you are no longer lurking like a creepy, pasty skinned guy and decided to yank the old project out of the woods for a proper spanking.
Good luck and post some pics for the other lurkers, maybe they will step out of the shadows and join in the fun.

I'm glad everyone is looking forward to pics, and I hope they are not too disapointing. I'm at work now (don't tell my boss) but I'll dig some up tonight PROMISE!
Spoiler - it was orig. dark green metalic with black diamond-tuck vinyl, 14" black rims/dog dishes. After a 110mph slide under a pick-up (1986) I found a '71 doner for $40. I found a body shop to straighten the a-pillar and install a new windshield then I swapped both doors, 1 front fender hood and grill and shot it with grey primer. Now it is a new camo pattern where the primer has worn off. Did I mention that at one time I had (8) 6X9s and some home stereo speakers? What was I thinking?

I think the best part of this whole deal is the memories. What I wouldn't do to be 16 again. No money, but limitless time!

Welcome 4Flats,you made the right decision to join as you are a A-body owner.Lots of great people,advise,knowledge here.Place pics....here!

FINALLY posted some pics on "Mopar General Discussion" page. Sorry about the file size and spelling. My fingers outrun my brain when I get excited!

-
Back