Been recovering at home lately

-

amoparlady

Reaction score
I have been recovering at home lately,two stents put Friday afternoon Had the starting of chest pains and not feeling well last week Thursday during work.Luckily our service manager was in my office and knew to get me to the ER.I got in right away.I have pre diabetes which I take care of well of very well,doctors said this was a factor.They were glad I take of it well.Biggest one was I do not smoke.Husband was worried a little.Came home on Monday and going back to work next week taking it easy.I see the cardiologist in a couple weeks.Know I will be put on anti rejection medication for the rest of my life

Good to hear you caught it before it was too late. Stents can be forever but they are a emergency band aid. You may need surgery at some point. I had open heart surgery a few years ago and I am doing fine but I may need more down the line. Get well. Watch what you eat. Too much sodium will get you. It is in everything prepared.

Three stents here, yes taking it easy is a good idea. You’ll start feeling better in a few weeks. Don’t push yourself. My doc said getting stents is no different that bypass in terms of recovery time. What surprised me on my 3rd stent I had a little depression. He said that’s normal. Take things gradual.

Three stents here, yes taking it easy is a good idea. You’ll start feeling better in a few weeks. Don’t push yourself. My doc said getting stents is no different that bypass in terms of recovery time. What surprised me on my 3rd stent I had a little depression. He said that’s normal. Take things gradual.
Yes depression after a heart event is a real thing. Get help if you need it. Talking about it is much better than meds.

wow, what a wild time in your life. so much has happened in the last six weeks!

i mean, ****, i'd damn near have a heart attack too if somebody just gifted me a 400-6 cuda!

at this point i'm just waiting for the go fund me to be posted.

Anti rejection meds? What for? Not the stents, that’s for sure.

I have 3 stents FWIW.

Your recovery should basically be instant. Doc told me to relax a few days and then have at it. The wife, a RN was still worried & asked me to see the doc and ask a few questions.

Basically, to keep it short, the doc said live life like they’re not there, kind your diet and YES! Play ball, go back to your martial arts, have sex, bike, lift weights again, enjoy! Have fun again!

And so I have and then some!

First 6-pak I drove, punched it in town, and secondaries sticking open issue hadn't been addressed, near heart attack there, holy crap.
Get well soon, - - check the secondaries.

For
Anti rejection meds? What for? Not the stents, that’s for sure.

I have 3 stents FWIW.

Your recovery should basically be instant. Doc told me to relax a few days and then have at it. The wife, a RN was still worried & asked me to see the doc and ask a few questions.

Basically, to keep it short, the doc said live life like they’re not there, kind your diet and YES! Play ball, go back to your martial arts, have sex, bike, lift weights again, enjoy! Have fun again!

And so I have and then some!
For the stents

Good to hear you caught it before it was too late. Stents can be forever but they are a emergency band aid. You may need surgery at some point. I had open heart surgery a few years ago and I am doing fine but I may need more down the line. Get well. Watch what you eat. Too much sodium will get you. It is in everything prepared.
It felt like someone took a hammer to my chest

i mean, ****, i'd damn near have a heart attack too if somebody just gifted me a 400-6 cuda!

Modern medical science! Hysterectomy and stents that require anti rejection meds all within a month!

It felt like someone took a hammer to my chest
I was pretty lucky, I was getting tired and fatigued but just thought it was me getting older. I went into my Dr. for a check up and she found a noisy heart valve. Off to the cardiologist and then soon to surgery. Oh while I was there for a mitral valve repair and had a bypass as well. My surgery went well and it really wasn't a bad experience.

:lol:

Modern medical science! Hysterectomy and stents that require anti rejection meds all within a month!
I don’t understand this. Why does she need anti rejection meds for stents or a hysterectomy? She also didn’t answer my question.

I don’t need them for my 3 stents and the mother in law didn’t need them for her hysterectomy that was done decades ago.

(Spelling edit)

Last edited:
I don’t understand this. Why does she need anti rejection meds for stents or a hysterectomy? She also sid t answer my question.

I don’t need them for my 3 stents and the mother in law didn’t need them for her hysterectomy that was done decades ago.
because OP is a big fat phony.

I don’t understand this. Why does she need anti rejection meds for stents or a hysterectomy? She also sid t answer my question.

I had 1 stint in the widowmaker now I'm married to blood thinners for the rest of my life and lasiks because of dead heart muscles.

I have been recovering at home lately,two stents put Friday afternoon Had the starting of chest pains and not feeling well last week Thursday during work.Luckily our service manager was in my office and knew to get me to the ER.I got in right away.I have pre diabetes which I take care of well of very well,doctors said this was a factor.They were glad I take of it well.Biggest one was I do not smoke.Husband was worried a little.Came home on Monday and going back to work next week taking it easy.I see the cardiologist in a couple weeks.Know I will be put on anti rejection medication for the rest of my life
You are now a member of the club.

Widowmaker and other Heart Problems Club

-
Back