best headers??

-
Good thing you guys aren't talking about early a-bodies and tti's. :toothy10:

That's whole nother can of worms

If you have the engine and transmission out, would it be easiest to lay the headers in place with stretch straps or something, and then drop the engine and tranny back in carefully ??

Kenny
PS .. I'm planning on TTI's ... Anything but Hookers .. That's what I put on years ago and crunched a couple tubes the first week -- no ground clearance

Best headers ? humm...

How about the ones that don't give you ground clearance problems, that don't hit the column and steering box, that don't hit the oil pan, that don't make plug changes a pain in the ***, that don't hit the fender apron and that don't cost a fortune.lol

That will never happen. There is always one thing that is different about every car.

thats right.. i dont follow trends, i make em baby! lol!

Do us mopar guys a favor and at least ditch the ugly camaro picture. This a mopar site not a chevy! geeesh

Absoltootly the tti's need lots dinging to fit, really sad when someone spends that kind of money only to bash it with a hammer.lol:toothy10:

I have a 4speed 67 barracuda with TTIs. There was absolutely do dents or dings put in the headers for fitment. In your case I am pretty sure the main problem was not the headers but the installer.

Funny huh, almost as funny as the shims tti gives you to install huh?lol

There was no shims with the TTI headers I bought as so with the other fellows on here. You can quit making stuff now.

Custom? YES
Do they fit right? YES

Do they look rusty? YES
Do they look like s**t? Yes

That will never happen. There is always one thing that is different about every car.

1ST contradiction

Do us mopar guys a favor and at least ditch the ugly camaro picture. This a mopar site not a chevy! geeesh

2nd discriminating

I have a 4speed 67 barracuda with TTIs. There was absolutely do dents or dings put in the headers for fitment. In your case I am pretty sure the main problem was not the headers but the installer.

3rd talking ****

There was no shims with the TTI headers I bought as so with the other fellows on here. You can quit making stuff now.

4th accusing me of lying

Do they look rusty? YES
Do they look like s**t? Yes

5th those headers won't look as bad as you would if you were close enough to me catch my drift?

6th I made them and that dart will fking smoke your geek ride.
You better reread your **** before piling it on D.H.

hookers are awesome headers.. but only when they go through the fender well. changing plugs on a smallblock is inherently simple,
that just the design of sb cyl.heads. somebody mentioned that the TTi's cleared with NO hammering, well that just means the QC
on TTi's isn't up to PAR. thats the problem with one size fits a-b-e-f-m etc. bodies. somebody mentioned 700 for customs and 250
to coat em'... so what? now you have a equal length, hits nothing, coated set of near perfect headers. I assumed you specified
equal length.. right? i'll give tti credit for one thing, they don't hang low.. then again, dougs (CHEAPER) disn't either.
+ dont believe those rag mag tests. check who does the most advertising ;)

"Do us mopar guys a favor and at least ditch the ugly camaro picture. This a mopar site not a chevy! geeesh"

7th Dear mullinax95,
8th ummmmm no. but you may wanna ditch those e-body aar stripes of your A-body!

I'm a car guy - I like cool cars - The 360 Camaro is Mopar powered and cool - I like it, I'd like it if were Ford powered. You wanna "ditch the ugly Camaro picture" from the site and do "us" a favor ? Not speaking for me 'cause I'm a car guy and I like cool cars - shall we vote and see if the Camaro gets banned ? Grow up all of you - how constructive is this thread - zero, worthless, waste of time. How 'bout we discuss "TTI installation tips" vs this crap. Big babies.

democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg

I wouldnt mind having a set of TTi's, but hell if I am going to shell out the money they are asking. Dont like being raped !
Come on TTi, get off your cloud and make your pipes affordable for the average Joes !!!!!!!

I'm a car guy - I like cool cars - The 360 Camaro is Mopar powered and cool - I like it, I'd like it if were Ford powered. You wanna "ditch the ugly Camaro picture" from the site and do "us" a favor ? Not speaking for me 'cause I'm a car guy and I like cool cars - shall we vote and see if the Camaro gets banned ? Grow up all of you - how constructive is this thread - zero, worthless, waste of time. How 'bout we discuss "TTI installation tips" vs this crap. Big babies.
tips? here yah go.. http://www.ttiexhaust.com/PDF/II-TTI340A.pdf
zero, worthless, waste of time? hardly. this is called constructive critisium.

when osama bin laden.. ummmm.. i mean barrack obama speaks... thats zero, worthless, and a waste of time.

if theres a cheaper almost as good alternative for headers out there, why not inform people? this MoPar game is
getting way outta control money wise, and IMO certain companies, like TTi are taking advantage of that fact.
now I DO NOT CARE what there website says, but installing there headers on a big block A-body is a royal PITA,
and requires hammering a few tubes, period. I've seen brand new "made in india" mounts that where so outta whack, its
laughable. TTi should have taken that into consideration BEFORE manufacturing there $$$ headers. but they made
them using FACTORY SPECS, off a jig that THEY made.
not a rant, just fact.

mullinax95,
i know what 100% MoPar is... that would be ZERO aftermarket parts on it. i'm sure your car carries nothing but 100% N.O.S. stuff eh?
LOL

cheers.

5th those headers won't look as bad as you would if you were close enough to me catch my drift?

HAHAHAHAHA!

You're funny!

HHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously guys. Lets keep it on track with the original posters question. He asked what you think the best headers are for his 360, what fits the best. I often look forwards to reading the knowledge most of you have, but what I'm reading right now is BS.

My dad and I are putting together a 74 duster 360/727 and we're are gonna use some cheap hedmans they arent that bad to use just have to have some patience. We have a few cars bb and sb a-bodies and have used most of the availabe headers and all we have used have had some issues. we have 2 darts with bb and TTIs and one set goes right in and the other needed a small ding on one tube. we just chalked it up to production variances no biggie. On our race car with fenderwells they fit well when we got them then we had our chassis guy work on a few tubes and now they are fantastic. Ther hedmans we are gonna use are on a car now and the center two plugs on the drivers side need 90deg boots and thats the only issue with those we've had and itll be the 2nd set we've used for what the engine is they will be fine, and now you can get a coated set of flowtech headers super cheap so thats what'll go on next, check the coated flowtech prices seen them advertised for a little more than a cpl hundred bucks in the mopar mags. I know you get what you pay for but this thing is just a stocker with a set of j heads, a 268xe cam, small converter and some 3.91s just a toy to screw around with and go to the parts store and the machine shop with.
Marvin

Calm down Dude.... Your on thin ice with your atittude.

I wouldnt mind having a set of TTi's, but hell if I am going to shell out the money they are asking. Dont like being raped !
Come on TTi, get off your cloud and make your pipes affordable for the average Joes !!!!!!!

Johny, How much did you pay for the 340 manifolds ? I have seen them from $400 to $600 for a set. TTIs start at $600

I tried to de-fuse some of the STUPID tension a few posts ago on this topic. Now we're degrading to name-calling and car-bashing. Cut it out.... NOW.

Anyone with a problem with this can PM me... but NO MORE bickering over headers, 100% this, or photo-shop F-bomb pictures....

so what the hell is the point of posting that pic?...Adam. tryin to stir something? Heres a thought.. line ur Dart up aginst mine ride.
have someone take a pic at the finish line and post that instead.

FASTBACK340,
NOBODY is "bickering" over headers. just stating first-hand knowledge. some people however ARE just talking outta their azzes
and that does set some people off. IE: those that say that EITHER SET are perfect, which clearly they are not. the only perfect
set is ones that is custom made. period.

its been asked and answered many times over already which are the better sbm headers, comes down to TTi or Dougs.
So Lay down $600+ for the TTi or 2/3rds that for the Dougs slap them on and call it a Day.

cheers.

so what the hell is the point of posting that pic?...Adam. tryin to stir something? Heres a thought.. line ur Dart up aginst mine ride.
have someone take a pic at the finish line and post that instead.

FASTBACK340,
NOBODY is "bickering" over headers. just stating first-hand knowledge. some people however ARE just talking outta their azzes
and that does set some people off. IE: those that say that EITHER SET are perfect, which clearly they are not. the only perfect
set is ones that is custom made. period.

its been asked and answered many times over already which are the better sbm headers, comes down to TTi or Dougs.
So Lay down $600+ for the TTi or 2/3rds that for the Dougs slap them on and call it a Day.

cheers.

Adams picture seems more of a joking poke than anything. LOL at it at best.

I agree that most posts here are good points of view and more defensive to slightly aggresive posts that could have been worded better. (OK, no angel here ethier, but it's just how I see it.)

Around my way, the custom header shop is cooks and there priceing is nuts. I had a freind pay 4G's for his. Seriously! No lie.

Does anybody have a picture of the "Doug" headers installed? And where do you get them?

as i was jokin too about Adams post. BUT its very hard to convay sarcasium, mood, emotions,etc over the int-duh-net lol.
cheers.

Seems to me the people that are bad-mouthing tti's are the people that DON'T have them coincidence..maybe,but like the saying goes "theres those that have and those that WISH they had"...

FASTBACK340,
and that does set some people off.

I may have missed your post with pictures describing why and how those custom made headers fit.... my mistake if I did indeed miss that explaination. I'm all for people posting pictures and hard evidence in their statements. Not just "talking". And as for the F-bomb reference, I must say, your car looks incredibly similar to Hot Rod's project car. You must really know your stuff to be a treand-setter and have magazines copy YOU! Bravo.... Yet another well-made point on the in-DUH-net.

And as for "talking out of their azzes" I'll reserve judgement on that comment. :-D

-
Back