best headers??

-
Seems to me the people that are bad-mouthing tti's are the people that DON'T have them coincidence..maybe,but like the saying goes "theres those that have and those that WISH they had"...

Talk about an elitist attitude. Just like how crappy the tti SB race headers perform compared to hedman and hookers??? Like that "WISH"... LMAO

More like people that haven't had anything but tti (340rules, aka stroked_340) or the crappy fit ones talking about something they have no idea about. Look at your earlier comment about you didn't know there was another brand that fit the same... which is bs, because we've been down that block before your alter-ego got banned. Talk about not knowing the products!

There are those that have tti and some that wish they'd never spent the extra money on tti cause they aren't any better than a less expensive alternative.

Here are two of my cars. Guess the header brand on each... :bootysha:
Dart
ttiheaders003.jpg

Duster
Headers004.jpg

Maybe when you get sams jizz wiped off your chin, you'll realize the err of your ways. :sign10:

Talk about an elitist attitude. Just like how crappy the tti SB race headers perform compared to hedman and hookers??? Like that "WISH"... LMAO

More like people that haven't had anything but tti (340rules, aka stroked_340) or the crappy fit ones talking about something they have no idea about. Look at your earlier comment about you didn't know there was another brand that fit the same... which is bs, because we've been down that block before your alter-ego got banned. Talk about not knowing the products!

There are those that have tti and some that wish they'd never spent the extra money on tti cause they aren't any better than a less expensive alternative.

Here are two of my cars. Guess the header brand on each... :bootysha:
Dart
ttiheaders003.jpg

Duster
Headers004.jpg

Maybe when you get sams jizz wiped off your chin, you'll realize the err of your ways. :sign10:

Well look who it is the guy that talks the most "smack" about tti's(obviously you DON'T have a set)..maybe someday when you grow up you'll get a set !!!..i think i'll go out to the garage and polish mine in honor of you..:-D:-D

Well look who it is the guy that talks the most "smack" about tti's(obviously you DON'T have a set)..maybe someday when you grow up you'll get a set !!!..i think i'll go out to the garage and polish mine in honor of you..:-D:-D

Polish up your glasses first Mr. Magoo!

You are an absolute knucklehead 340rules. Maybe a trip to the optometrist is in order. The yellow car has tti on them. You can clearly see the step in the tube. White car is Dougs.

I hope this clears up this particular posters idiocy towards the subject and any doubts about the "wish" comment.

Geezer , the white car is a 71 Duster. No luck on the 73 pics. I have a feeling they swapped out the earlier steering gear on the two 73+ cars with Dougs.

i cant believe there is an intense argument about headers...common guys cant we just all get along? i personally will never spend the money on TTI's either as i believe they are a total ripoff, but we all have our opinions, and some people have good experiences while others have bad with the same products, thats just the nature of the debate....everything is going to work differently for everyone, so why dont we just get back to the original thread question

[ Geezer , the white car is a 71 Duster. No luck on the 73 pics. I have a feeling they swapped out the earlier steering gear on the two 73+ cars with Dougs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Swapping the steering gear for earlier might be another route to take,if ya have the parts laying around.

I couldn't stand it anymore I have to show pics of a BB with TTi's. These are the small tube, Sam said the big ones won't fit. And I say good luck with a RB and I hope I don't have to do one.

engineinstall017.jpg

engineinstall020.jpg

engineinstall022.jpg

so why dont we just get back to the original thread question

Ok,the original question was what are the best headers??...For me and my money they're tti's..:-D

I swapped out my 71 steering box and linkage with a 73 and up box and linkage. Will this make any difference in fitment of headers, mainly around the steering gear box area? I just put a set of headmans on my 71 and I hate them and wish I never spent money on them. I have zero miles on them and am wanting to replace them already. After seeing the clearance and how thick the flange is not to mention spark plugs wire routing on the tti and dougs I want to replace them before I ever use them.

Gee it's amazing how much it helps to know your experience is with a low deck abody, as was mine a rb abody. lol

The best headers are the ones that help make the most power,
Not ones that are 'pretty' or 'shinny' or 'cheap' or 'expensive' cause non of that should matter if your going with headers for the right reason. 'fender in the way? lets move that'.JMO

I may have missed your post with pictures describing why and how those custom made headers fit.... my mistake if I did indeed miss that explaination. I'm all for people posting pictures and hard evidence in their statements. Not just "talking". And as for the F-bomb reference, I must say, your car looks incredibly similar to Hot Rod's project car. You must really know your stuff to be a treand-setter and have magazines copy YOU! Bravo.... Yet another well-made point on the in-DUH-net.

And as for "talking out of their azzes" I'll reserve judgement on that comment. :-D
well i ALLREADY explained that the pic in my sig is what i want my car to look like when its completed. but if your implying
it dosnt exist your sadly mistaken.
mypoint2.jpg

so tell me magic man..
whats the point of posting pics of a custom set of headers for a CAMARO?
for more pics check my site out
mypoint1.jpg

seems to me you want the bickering to continue.. whatev.
anyways...
3404spdvaliant put it best about headers. done. 2nd prize goes to Dougs & TTi. done.
for the comment on "people bitchin bout TTi never used TTi". HA! laughable. why would i comment on something
i didn't haven't seen first hand? but its whoevers coin, now theres lots of opinions he can mull over,
and spend how he sees fit.
cheers

Keith, crackedback, thakns dudes.

360Z28, I hear ya on getting a feeling or what ever accross the net. I get a ear full sometimes.
Nice job on the MoPar motor in the Chevy. How did you mount it up and what about the rest of the drive train?

OH, hats off to the poster with both Dougs and tti's in there car. Good photos showing them off.

I got me a set of tti's. Have not put them on but they should be very nice. Custom headers are nice too but they cost to much. Ask me how I know. LOL

100_0906.jpg

100_0910.jpg

Keith, crackedback, thakns dudes.

360Z28, I hear ya on getting a feeling or what ever accross the net. I get a ear full sometimes.
Nice job on the MoPar motor in the Chevy. How did you mount it up and what about the rest of the drive train?
thanks.
i used modded big block dodge mounts to get the offset that I needed. the motor sits 2inches back,
and a 1 1/2 lower the the 350 chev it replaced. i also used plumblines, to get the correct offset so there
would be no issues with transmission and differential alignment. the rest of the drivetrain consists of
a bullitt~proof/greasy 904, and a cutdown B-Body 8.75 diff. i may go to a modded T5 tho.

OH, hats off to the poster with both Dougs and tti's in there car. Good photos showing them off.
which demostrates yet again that Dougs and TTi's are the choise of headers if you dont want to go custom.
cheers

Gee it's amazing how much it helps to know your experience is with a low deck abody, as was mine a rb abody. lol

The best headers are the ones that help make the most power,
Not ones that are 'pretty' or 'shinny' or 'cheap' or 'expensive' cause non of that should matter if your going with headers for the right reason. 'fender in the way? lets move that'.JMO

I think its all personal preference. On a street car I would think fit and ease of working around would win over power output.

On a show car pretty or shiny would be most important.

On a race car, yes power would be the most important thing.

so what the hell is the point of posting that pic?...Adam. tryin to stir something? Heres a thought.. line ur Dart up aginst mine ride.
have someone take a pic at the finish line and post that instead.

Because I thought the picture looked familiar.

As for my car loosing to yours in a race. Theres a pretty good chance of that seeing my car a bare shell and even when finished it will be nothing more then a nice street cruiser.

Because I thought the picture looked familiar.

As for my car loosing to yours in a race. Theres a pretty good chance of that seeing my car a bare shell and even when finished it will be nothing more then a nice street cruiser.
thought you where building a "fast" style car. with stock exhaust manifolds. guess i was misinformed..oh well..
guess me and my street cruiser wins! lol!
no worries... just messin'
cheers

I have a BB 4 speed a-body, I am reading the November 2008 issue of Mopar Muscle which has an article on Schumacher headers in a 67 Barracuda. It does not indicate if it is a manual or auto trans, but they rave about the fit and quality.
I called tti and they referred me to Schumacher.
I called Schumacher and the person I spoke to stated they have headers that will work with a manual trans BB, but said they are different from the auto headers.

Has anyone used the Schumacher headers with a BB manual trans?

Johny, How much did you pay for the 340 manifolds ? I have seen them from $400 to $600 for a set. TTIs start at $600[/QUOT

I know where you are going with this Adam, and believe me I paid nowhere near $400.00-$600.00 for them. If anybody wants to give me $400-$600 for them,I have a set !

Here's what is in my A-body's
73 duster 440 Schumacher's basic stock engine runs 11.59
67Dart nicely built 440 tti's 2" runs 10.11
73 Scamp Headman B-body headers really stock 440 runs 12.30
68 dart 2" hooker supercomp 496 ran a best of 9.59

I'm trying to order all the parts for my 360 we are building to put in my 67 cuda,just wondering what headers everyone had the best fit with. Was thinking about tti ceramic coated.

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic ?? The OP was asking about the best fit for his 67 Cuda, and it's turned into quite the pissing contest..

I know everyone has an opinion and respect that..

How about a '70 Duster, power steering and 727 Transmission ?? What fits best w/ the least amount of persuasion ??

Thanks

Kenny

How about a '70 Duster, power steering and 727 Transmission ?? What fits best w/ the least amount of persuasion ??

Thanks

Kenny

Dougs and tti fit the best. No tubes hanging below the drag link. They are both REALLY tight around the PS box.

Johny, How much did you pay for the 340 manifolds ? I have seen them from $400 to $600 for a set. TTIs start at $600[/QUOT

I know where you are going with this Adam, and believe me I paid nowhere near $400.00-$600.00 for them. If anybody wants to give me $400-$600 for them,I have a set !

$600????,I have 2 sets both 69'-70'

Headmans work fine they just hang a lil low and on some cars just kiss the AT steering colum on others, but if you have $700 buy tti's but don't bother with the finish it'll just go away after a while [IF YOU REALLY DRIVE YOUR CAR].

-
Back