best headers??

-
Best headers ? humm...

How about the ones that don't give you ground clearance problems, that don't hit the column and steering box, that don't hit the oil pan, that don't make plug changes a pain in the ***, that don't hit the fender apron and that don't cost a fortune.lol

TTi all the way. They fit well and you can put them on(header to tail pipes) in your drive way.

CIMG2812.jpg

Nice to see other happy customers of tti with 4 speed a bodies... they fit like crap around the clutch linkage...
i heard that the TTi's for big block A-bodies, need to be massaged with a BFH! for 7 big ones.. it better fit like a glove..
as long as its not OJ's glove.. LOL!
63 dartman.. yes.
3404speedvaliant.. now thats just crazy talk lol.
cheers.

i heard that the TTi's for big block A-bodies, need to be massaged with a BFH! for 7 big ones.. it better fit like a glove..
as long as its not OJ's glove.. LOL!
63 dartman.. yes.
3404speedvaliant.. now thats just crazy talk lol.
cheers.

Absoltootly the tti's need lots dinging to fit, really sad when someone spends that kind of money only to bash it with a hammer.lol:toothy10:

Absoltootly the tti's need lots dinging to fit, really sad when someone spends that kind of money only to bash it with a hammer.lol:toothy10:

WE used TTi's with a BB in a 68 Valiant and SB 67 Dart they fit like a glove. No dinging. If you have problems than something on your side need to be addressed.

WE used TTi's with a BB in a 68 Valiant and SB 67 Dart they fit like a glove. No dinging. If you have problems than something on your side need to be addressed.

Were either of those cars manual transmissions? I don't recall either being 4 gears.

Maybe you should call them and ask about the clutch linkage issues... the answer I got was less than satisfactory.

Sorry for that much money, you'd figure they'd design them to work with a manual transmission.

I do know they donate stuff to your cause which is fine, but, that doesn't solve the issues plenty have had with the product.

Were either of those cars manual transmissions? I don't recall either being 4 gears.

Maybe you should call them and ask about the clutch linkage issues... the answer I got was less than satisfactory.

Sorry for that much money, you'd figure they'd design them to work with a manual transmission.

I do know they donate stuff to your cause which is fine, but, that doesn't solve the issues plenty have had with the product.

They were autos but we had to change the linkage because they went from /6's to V8's and different transmissions were used but we worked it out, and nothing got in the way. I would think sticks would be better since all the linkage is up high out of the way. But we haven't done one yet so I'm guessing about manuals.

'

Wow listen to you tti mascot.
I'm glad they were a good fit in your case, but you can eat your 'it must be your fault' crap.
Yea it must be my fault for having a steering column huh?
And it must be my fault for having steering gear in the car huh?
And I know it my fault for having put eddy heads on huh?

I will agree that it's my fault that not every car is exactly the same out of the factory, a smidge here, a smidge there.

Let me share something with u, a friend has headmans in his sb dart, they clear everything, Now I have the same headers in mine and they hit here and there and had to be clearanced in 3 places.
It's hit and miss and when you change around engines or even use shumacher mounts guess what? **** don't always fit the same.

70' duster pass side tti lays on the fender a bit drivers lays on steering box=shimacher mounts installed to spec.

Tomorrow when it's light out I will show you what headers that fit look like in a 68 440 dart I built for a guy, he left it here for the weekend to put 4.30's in it and tune.
And before u get all up in arms how bout 4spds??????
Just so ya know I'm laughing right now.

But we haven't done one yet so I'm guessing about manuals.

My buddy has a 68 cuda with a 340 4 speed all stock,I told him Ive heard alot of horror stories about ttis and 4 speeds and he said he called their tech a couple times and they said no problem.I told him to let me know how that gos,well he did and they were far from a couple simple mods,dents,grinding and moving the z-bar-he was pissed!.Anyway I will never support a company that first gouges on pricing (they used to have options and were around $375 for uncoated-they even sold some with 1 3/4 tubes-not this pos step b.s.) and second lies and or covers up the problems acssociated with their product,thats just my two cents.

i'm talking small block here because thats that the original post is about.

How about the ones that don't give you ground clearance problems, tti

that don't hit the column and steering box,tti, mine cleared my manual box and column with tons of room when i was running a stock suspension. i have seen them on power steering cars with pleanty of room also.

that don't hit the oil pan, tti

that don't make plug changes a pain in the ***,tti, my plugs are cake to get to. and no burnt wires like the hooker and headman headers. i'm talking small block here with eddy heads.

that don't hit the fender apron tti

and that don't cost a fortune.lol define cost a fourtune...:)

look how easy the plugs are to get to.. plenty of room on the coulmn and steering box. ofcourse a power box would be tighter but i have seen them in a-bodies and tti headders with pleanty of room.

DSC02539.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

tons of ground clearance.

DSC02552.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

that don't hit the column and steering box,tti, mine cleared my manual box and column with tons of room when i was running a stock suspension. i have seen them on power steering cars with pleanty of room also.

that don't make plug changes a pain in the ***,tti, my plugs are cake to get to. and no burnt wires like the hooker and headman headers. i'm talking small block here with eddy heads.

Same answers for Dougs and cost less than tti. :cheers:

Funny huh, almost as funny as the shims tti gives you to install huh?lol

You asking about mass produced crap or good headders?

Gebler, on the east coast makes some nice ones. I got mine made by Autofab race cars...

Custom? YES
Do they fit right? YES

Only catch with a RB in an a body is
there's no room for busted motor mounts like what happened once on the pass side fender.

Photo 138.jpg

Photo 135.jpg

Photo 141.jpg

Photo 142.jpg

Photo 145.jpg

Photo 144.jpg

Photo 136.jpg

Funny huh, almost as funny as the shims tti gives you to install huh?lol

What shims??..i've installed tti's on 2 different '70 dusters no shims needed..they went in NO PROBLEM!!! and i can change all the spark plugs and the starter if need be in less then 15 minutes,can't say that about any other brand..theres those that own tti's and those that wish they did!!!..As far as comparing the price of having a custom set of headers made..last time i checked it was about $1000.00..thats about $400.00 more then what i paid for tti's...

i can change all the spark plugs and the starter if need be in less then 15 minutes,can't say that about any other brand

That is absolutely an incorrect statement.

Same with Dougs... Next...

What shims??..i've installed tti's on 2 different '70 dusters no shims needed..they went in NO PROBLEM!!! and i can change all the spark plugs and the starter if need be in less then 15 minutes,can't say that about any other brand..theres those that own tti's and those that wish they did!!!..As far as comparing the price of having a custom set of headers made..last time i checked it was about $1000.00..thats about $400.00 more then what i paid for tti's...

72' Dart sb tti's came with motor mount shim and was needed, orig v8 car never wrecked.
Where/when did you buy yours?

For the record tti makes nice stuff for sb A,B,E,ect But for big block abody they lack.

last time i checked it was about $1000.00..thats about $400.00 more then what i paid for tti's...

i know custom headders cost me $700 to have made for my 440 valiant and that was what 15 years ago. then another $250 to have them coated. my tti's were $500

That is absolutely an incorrect statement.

Same with Dougs... Next...

maybe not 15 minutes but i know the starter is cake to get in and out compared to a what it is with hooker or headmans.

My statement was directed at the "can't say that about any other brand"

The statement is patently FALSE as it's just as easy to get out the starter with Dougs. Changing the plugs is a breeze with no tube interference. I love comments by people proclaiming something when they have no experience with another product which exhibits the same qualities.

It's just 340rules, I mean stroked_340 being stroked_340... :-D

Hookers Comps suck, no doubt

FWIW: I plan on doing a photo shoot when I do my TTI installation on a small block / 4spd. A body in the near future. I'll call it as I see it, which I always do. I have no reason to hype TTI if they are a pain to install...have clearance issues.... or there's serious modifications to be made. I expect "some" finessing to make `em fit, but hopefully not reaching for the BFH. Not that MY experience will be the end-all on this topic, but hopefully insightful advice. Whichever way it goes... they sure look like a quality product. We'll see exactly how well they'll fit on my car.

As for now, this is becoming a Chocolate/Vanilla topic... Let's keep it civil. :-D

Ive installed 3 sets of TTIs with great results.

to sets of 440 1-7/8" tubes and a set of small block A body stepped headers\. All of them fit great with no hammering needed.

-
Back