Best K-Frame for improved handling?

-
Adam,
Please be very careful of accusing a company of stealing another company's design. You have entered a legal liability area with this comment. Please cease such comments.

Does anyone have any video footage of their car going around a race track with the alterktion put in?

I would like to see a company put a car around the track with the best available stock suspension components, than the same model car same engine with the best suspension they can put in. XV do the closest to this on their dvd but it shows it through only a few corners, I'd like to see a whole lap with times and hard evidence to see how much of an improvement there is.

Does anyone have any video footage of their car going around a race track with the alterktion put in?

I would like to see a company put a car around the track with the best available stock suspension components, than the same model car same engine with the best suspension they can put in. XV do the closest to this on their dvd but it shows it through only a few corners, I'd like to see a whole lap with times and hard evidence to see how much of an improvement there is.

While I would love to see some head-to-head comparisons both on the track and the street, I have to admit I am doing this more for the weight loss, improvement in steering response and the plethora of engine options that open up as a result than I am strictly for the handling improvement.

I am not expecting a huge difference from where I am currently, my car handles quite well. That said, I am sure that a loss of 120+ lbs off the nose of the car should improve things by default. If an improvement in bump steer accompanies the change, fabulous: it'll be gravy. The extra caster availability won't hurt either.

So Bill (Reilly), are there any magazines that have offered to do a side-by-side test?:read2:

Cheers!

Doing Dyno comparisions on a Motors gives you numbers that you can grasp and relate to. Those measurements in a controlled enviroment are fairly objective.

I don't see many motor comparisions done with brand A motor in one car versus Brand B motor in another car. Why? Cause there's too many varibles between the to cars that may have nothing to do with the motor.

Same thing with handling comparisions. But they are tougher. Car Craft and Hot Rod had some good ones in the 80's and 90's. They did Guldstrand, H-O, Herb Adams, Rancho...

To do it close to right, you need to:
  • swap the stuff on the same car
  • use same driver
  • same tires and rims...

This article about handling is a MUST read. Its written by famous race car driver and builder Dick Guldstrand. I have it copied on my website: http://members.aol.com/pwall5/cars/guld.html

Hey autoxcuda, is there any preference in k-members between the 72 style or 73? Right before I moved to Vegas I was putting the front end together on my 72 duster. I put in .990 torsions, reinforced the lower control arms, poly bushings with new lower pins, and larger strut rods. I saw the strut rod bushing mods on Mathew Grubels site, but didn't have to cut that much since the new strut rods were about 3/8" shorter.

Sorry, I started rambling:stop: Just wanted to know if one was preferred over the other since the car is far from complete and the k-member could be changed without too much trouble.

-
Back