Best Panhandler Sign Ever

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
On my way to bank today got caught at light were several panhandlers frequent that median. I swear they must work in shifts. LOL.
Anyway I usually ignore them but one guys colorful sign caught my attention
“PLEASE SPREAD SOME CHEESE ON THIS POOR AZZ CRACKER”
Almost broke protocol to give him some $$.

Several years ago, I saw one with a sign that said, "Not gonna lie, I just need money for beer and cigarettes."
I also never give them any Money. Most of them are getting all kinds of other government checks, and panhandling is just spending money.

I make it a habit to have a few bucks, in the glove. Now, I can Honestly say, that many years ago, driving the ol 383 4 spd Coronet, o offered a man a beer. He WOULD NOT touch it. He would rather have been offered a job to do or possibly a place to take a shower

Several years ago, I saw one with a sign that said, "Not gonna lie, I just need money for beer and cigarettes."
I also never give them any Money. Most of them are getting all kinds of other government checks, and panhandling is just spending money.
Never have and never will. Many years ago there was "The Shaking Lady" in Toronto.
She would be dressed in raggedy old clothes and stand at the corner holdin gher hand out with a bad tremour. One news reporter decided to follow her and see where she lived. A number of blocks away he photographed her getting into the Large expensive car and followed her to a beautiful home where she lived.
Funnily she disappeared when it hit the newswire.

Never have and never will. Many years ago there was "The Shaking Lady" in Toronto.
She would be dressed in raggedy old clothes and stand at the corner holdin gher hand out with a bad tremour. One news reporter decided to follow her and see where she lived. A number of blocks away he photographed her getting into the Large expensive car and followed her to a beautiful home where she lived.
wouldnt surprise me if each little town had its own story like that

my kids always want to help out the panhandlers and beggars (especially when we are at conferences in cities i would normally avoid, like chicago, new orleans or san diego)
because of the conference we will find ourselves driving from the hotel to the downtown area where the conference center (and the beggars) always are, so i will make it a point to stop at a grocery store and let the kids pick out some fresh fruit for them

wouldnt surprise me if each little town had its own story like that

my kids always want to help out the panhandlers and beggars (especially when we are at conferences in cities i would normally avoid, like chicago, new orleans or san diego)
because of the conference we will find ourselves driving from the hotel to the downtown area where the conference center (and the beggars) always are, so i will make it a point to stop at a grocery store and let the kids pick out some fresh fruit for them
Good idea. Give them food. Offer them a job and see what happens.

Good idea. Give them food. Offer them a job and see what happens.
i heard of a preacher who had a stack of bricks just for that purpose

guys would come to the church looking for a handout and he would tell them, i got this pile of bricks in the back, i need them up front
move em for me and ill pay you an honest wage

he said in 25 years he pastored that church, those bricks never moved

Same thing happened to me….

I was at a gig and the venue was on the 2nd floor, so you could see the street below from the windows. Lost of panhandlers milking around hassling pedestrians. The boys in the band would go out between sets, so I decided to go down with them. Heard a few good stories, but all BS, when a guy came up to me and said “I ain’t gonna bullshit ya, I need some money to buy a Jumbo. I bought that man a beer.

I never give them anything because you know it's going up their nose or in their arm. I worked 46 years and made a decent living so clean yourself up and do the same thing.

i found a few online, but i got to tell you, this looks like a "who's who of fabo" ?

0470a8c91b7a8d5877969bbb01c34c74.jpg

homeless-signs10.jpg

3bd29e5573444bcb933cf9a04657b918.jpg

1731594467-funny_homeless_signs_17.jpg

main-qimg-5792a03a8676c0d7ccc019f46280c55d-lq.jpg

My first boss was a very good man. Where our Chevron was saw a lot of panhandlers and they would always hit up Cliff for $.
" I tell you what. I'll take you next door to the cafe and buy your lunch." was his usual response. Their usual response 90% of the time was "Go F yourself." "He just wanted $ for the liquor store. Let him get it somewhere else. I won't pay for him to get hammered." says Cliff. Usually right he was too.

Seen this guy outside the the First Avenue night club in 2018 in Minneapolis MN....we were at a Cody Jinks concert and went outside for some fresh air and to cool down and seen this guy outside....best sign ever lmao

:rofl:

7DB392D0-7697-466F-AB68-91D020669103.jpeg

There was a bum in Denver a few years back that rode around on a scoter that would play blues on an acoustic and had a sign that said “I’ll deal with your ex girlfriend with midget ninjas for spare change”. Know I have a pic some where…

I've heard of such things.. I saw a dude and a chick w/ full leg cast on Nebraska and Fowler, prolly over 30 years ago. Seen them walking later that afternoon, full cast over shoulder....

i heard of a preacher who had a stack of bricks just for that purpose

guys would come to the church looking for a handout and he would tell them, i got this pile of bricks in the back, i need them up front
move em for me and ill pay you an honest wage

he said in 25 years he pastored that church, those bricks never moved
Sad...

True story about Crazy Sally of Socorro NM.

Sally would walk all over town collecting cans in a shopping cart and sometimes if something upset her or set her off she would scream at somebody across the street and carry on. Or she would carry on a conversation with herself. And she did this for several years. Everybody just thought she was nuts.
I worked in a feed store and Sally would come in and borrow money from the owner. She never asked for a handout or any freebies she just needed some money to get by until she got her government check. And then she would come back on the day she said she would and she would repay him the money she borrowed. This went on for the two years that I worked there. She never acted like a nut in the store. The story I got from the owner was that she was a World War II veteran and that she got a VA check each month. So that would mean to me that she was a disabled vet.
She lived out on the edge of town with a retarded guy. They just kind of looked out for each other they weren't lovers or anything like that. Her real name was Dorothy. I can't remember her last name now this was back in the 80s. The crazy was just an act to get people to leave her alone. It seemed to work.

Last edited:
-
Back