Best performing non offset Small block Mopar heads

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Curious as to what racers, street strip racers on the forum have experienced regards performance of non offset heads.
This is a thread to talk about all such heads.
The quickest i have personally seen that are available for purchase would be the new Bloomer head.
The combo i am familiar with is true pump swill friendly, weighs +- 3200 pounds. 727 trans, 4.10 gear. Has been 132 MPH in summer air. Victor, tti headers, roller cam
The car completed dragweek, the combination was brand new, has yet to be fully sorted out. I suspect 134 mph and 10 flat or quicker is in the cards once the combo gets sorted out.
The head incorportates 2.08 intake valve, is 200 cc. Takes standard rocker gear.
Dont think i know of anything any faster i can personally think of on pump gas
Curious to hear what others are aware of, personally with your car or someone who’s car you are very familiar with.
Have seen cars with airwolfs, eddies, and trick flows go down the track i have either have or had myself or am familiar with the combo. But the above on pump gas is the best performing that comes to mind
Anxious to hear what others have or have seen.

edit..not interested in flow numbers, they can say pretty much anything. Just weight and MPH, the combo, ET as well.

Last edited:
That’s the truth in flow numbers though it would be interesting to see. But as often clearly stated here …

So you have a link to the Bloomer heads to purchase them?

That’s the truth in flow numbers though it would be interesting to see. But as often clearly stated here …

So you have a link to the Bloomer heads to purchase them?

you Would have to call Rod.
He has a limited number of castings, and thus can afford to be selective in who he sells them to. They are all hand finished, valve job blended, etc before they leave.
People have postedthe Bloomer engineering flyer on here numerous times, one would have to look for it.
I had to laugh about people saying i was helping him sell them. He doesnt advertise them because he doesn't need to.

its pretty easy to see what they have run. The drag week results are posted online.
You just have to decide if i have a reason to lie about the combination and car weight

Last edited:
Info makes for spicy threads but not so good for anyone who would actually like to purchase a pair. Moving on.

you Would have to call Rod.
He has a limited number of castings, and thus can afford to be selective in who he sells them to. They are all hand finished, valve job blended, etc before they leave.
People have postedthe Bloomer engineering flyer on here numerous times, one would have to look for it.
I had to laugh about people saying i was helping him sell them. He doesnt advertise them because he doesn't need to.

its pretty easy to see what they have run. The drag week results are posted online.
You just have to decide if i have a reason to lie about the combination and car weight
I’m only asking for a link to purchase them since others may want to get a set. But now he is being selective? Also a limited amount?
I guess average Joe is out then.

It truly isn’t that I don’t believe what your saying nor is it I think your advertising/being paid by Rod or Vic. That’s others here.

I dig the info, but if only a few heads are being made to a select few, why bother? It is good to know about them though.

Your saying that cars ET should be used to determine if he has the best heads available? How about the rest of the combination. The details you mentioned are vague at best.

Am I missing something, what’s the real story with you and these heads? No pictures or flow numbers in this thread or the last one you jumped on. I have to decide if your lying? Are you fning serious?

Last edited:
Your saying that cars ET should be used to determine if he has the best heads available? How about the rest of the combination. The details you mentioned are vague at best.

Am I missing something, what’s the real story with you and these heads? No pictures or flow numbers in this thread or the last one you jumped on.

No, i am saying the best way to tell how much power a car is making is its MPH and weight. Period. That is true of any head. I just meant to add put in the ET also if you like( more for reference than anything else)
There are no pictures available of the heads. The flow numbers arent published. Frankly, i dont blame him. All it gets into is racing flow benches. Some of the numbers i have seen posted on here should be enough to make anyone sane, cringe.
Again, anyone serious about those heads should get ahold of the guy who sells them. That isnt me. I could care less who buys them.
I posted as much of the combo i personally am 100% sure about. It is a 74 Duster, left that out i guess, hughes 1.6 rockers, 1 7/8 TTI headers. I dont know the cam specs, i do know it endured drag week with no springs swapped. 727 trans, 4.10 gear, eddie victor intake. That should be enough to form a good idea of the potential. The car runs on true pump gas at the track

Info makes for spicy threads but not so good for anyone who would actually like to purchase a pair. Moving on.

anybody who wants to by a pair would need to contact Rod Bloomer, i am sure he would give you all the info you need.
People have bought plenty of heads with way less info than is available to you regards these heads, just on this forum alone.
People have bought tons of sets of Trick flows. What info did they buy them with…track results? No..dyno results? No
Flow numbers? Yes, but so what. Flow numbers mean squat, extremely subjective.Seen anybody go fast with them yet? I havent.
My own opinion is this…. My next set of heads will be ones i know what they are capable of doing at the track. It would help my decision if i knew personally the talent level and history of who designed the ports….others can make buying decisions on what they find important. Each to his own

Last edited:
That should be enough to form a good idea of the potential. The car runs on true pump gas at the track

But that’s not the title of your thread. Your pumping up a head with little details.
And no they haven’t, nobody is buying a set of bare heads for 2K plus based on the info you have provided. Track results don’t tell the whole story, in fact hardly any of it

Don’t be that guy who brags about his hotrod but can’t show you because it’s in the shop

Last edited:
But that’s not the title of your thread. Your pumping up a head with little details.

not pumping up anything. Not interested in what i post, dont read it
I said i have seen the heads go 132+ on a 3200 pump gas A body. Do you really need a ton more info to know that is hauling the mail on a street car?
If you have seen faster, post it. Its on motor, no spray, no turbo… to me that is ultra impressive
If you dont trust what i have posted, so be it. But i warn you, i have a very good reputation. Many know me. I don't lie, i just dont know every little detail about the car. Its not mine.
But you can easily find it on the drag week results

not pumping up anything. Not interested in what i post, dont read it
I said i have seen the heads go 132+ on a 3200 pump gas A body. Do you really need a ton more info to know that is hauling the mail on a street car?
If you have seen faster, post it. Its on motor, no spray, no turbo… to me that is ultra impressive
If you dont trust what i have posted, so be it. But i warn you, i have a very good reputation. Many know me. I don't lie, i just dont know every little detail about the car. Its not mine.
But you can easily find it on the drag week results

Warn away cowboy. You could pick any part on that car and make the same claim.

my point is you can’t isolate that cars performance to the cylinder heads, as your thread title is best cylinder heads.

And no they haven’t, nobody is buying a set of bare heads for 2K plus based on the info you have provided. Track results don’t tell the whole story, in fact hardly any of it

Don’t be that guy who brags about his hotrod but can’t show you because it’s in the shop

people were “ pumping up “ the new trickflow head before it ever went down a track. Did you slap the pee- pee’s of all those people..lol

So this stroker (410 IIRC) has a Victor intake, the Extremely Limited Bloomer Mystery heads w/1.6 Hughes rockers & 1-7/8 tti headers.

This engine is backed by a 727 & 4.10’s in a ‘74 Duster that runs on pump gas.

OK……

Well, at least we seen the available to everyone Trick Flow heads

I just noticed above you said “anybody who wants to by a pair would need to contact Rod Bloomer” except the heads are limited…. As per yourself. Who can obtain these heads? Since earlier you said that they can be selective on who gets them. Which IMO would mean racers only since they would need someone to use them immediately and report back with them. Not wait a year or more.

I don’t know about anybody else or how anybody runs there biz, but specs, flow numbers and pictures to a long way in sales potential.

If I were going down this road, I would only put a few heads out to a very select few with a handshake promise of not saying a word to anyone about what they have and what is going on until I have a proven product.

Until then, any mention from anybody would amount to some Ya/Hoo just running and flapping there gums. Personally, I’d be pissed off that something leaked on an item I’m trying to sort out from start to finish. I’d end up with every one from across the globe asking me for my item when I’m not even done or ready to announce to the world (with proof of performance) what I have to offer. Or even if done, how many do I have and am I ready to start up production? As well as to meet what kind of demand?

I really don’t know why your advertising and hailing this extremely limited run of not full done ready to sell cylinder heads, ahead of the guy doing the work, even more so with our pictures, any spec what so ever or flow numbers. Even though you say numbers are worthless to post since flow bench racing starts up and mud gets thrown.

So … in addition, you want anyone with the slightest interest, to search the WWW to find the advertisement so they can call him?

This is not looking all the great my man.

Do be assured that I do firmly believe that you believe in what your saying and that I also have followed along on several boards about the previous head and Mr. Bloomer who I believe in being a 100% stand up guy and very smart. This is not the issue nor is the possible future excellence of the next SBM cylinder head.

I know you mean well but question much about the mystery cylinder head and why you can’t stall talking about it.

I do hope this head and Mr. Bloomers endeavors come to the market with great success.

Warn away cowboy. You could pick any part on that car and make the same claim.

my point is you can’t isolate that cars performance to the cylinder heads, as your thread title is best cylinder heads.

Lets put it like this. I would bet money you could put any other non offset Mopar production style head on it, and it would slow it down.
Why be a hater, just saying i think the head makes impressive power. I have been around long enough to have an informed opinion… i could care less if nobody on here ever is fortunate enough to get a set. It wont change my life one iota

BPE

I dont do facebook so i cant see the link but this should have contact info.
If FB is the only place to get these heads, I’ll never own a set. No FB for me that you very much!
And no, not only am I not in the market for a set but it would never be my loss by not being on FB. It would be the persons loss for ONLY being on FB. Which would be very stupid and narrow.

Lets put it like this. I would bet money you could put any other non offset Mopar production style head on it, and it would slow it down.
Why be a hater, just saying i think the head makes impressive power. I have been around long enough to have an informed opinion… i could care less if nobody on here ever is fortunate enough to get a set. It wont change my life one iota
Pittsburghracer seems to do quite well with his ported Edelbrock heads….. 9’s IIRC…/

people were “ pumping up “ the new trickflow head before it ever went down a track. Did you slap the pee- pee’s of all those people..lol
Well no, trickflow provided information such as combustion chamber size, production material, CSA, port volume, pictures and etc.
no doubt if we having this conversation in person I think we would see the other’s point. I just don’t think you can pin a cars performance to the cylinder head.

So this stroker (410 IIRC) has a Victor intake, the Extremely Limited Bloomer Mystery heads w/1.6 Hughes rockers & 1-7/8 tti headers.

This engine is backed by a 727 & 4.10’s in a ‘74 Duster that runs on pump gas.

OK……

Well, at least we seen the available to everyone Trick Flow heads

I just noticed above you said “anybody who wants to by a pair would need to contact Rod Bloomer” except the heads are limited…. As per yourself. Who can obtain these heads? Since earlier you said that they can be selective on who gets them. Which IMO would mean racers only since they would need someone to use them immediately and report back with them. Not wait a year or more.

I don’t know about anybody else or how anybody runs there biz, but specs, flow numbers and pictures to a long way in sales potential.

If I were going down this road, I would only put a few heads out to a very select few with a handshake promise of not saying a word to anyone about what they have and what is going on until I have a proven product.

Until then, any mention from anybody would amount to some Ya/Hoo just running and flapping there gums. Personally, I’d be pissed off that something leaked on an item I’m trying to sort out from start to finish. I’d end up with every one from across the globe asking me for my item when I’m not even done or ready to announce to the world (with proof of performance) what I have to offer. Or even if done, how many do I have and am I ready to start up production? As well as to meet what kind of demand?

I really don’t know why your advertising and hailing this extremely limited run of not full done ready to sell cylinder heads, ahead of the guy doing the work, even more so with our pictures, any spec what so ever or flow numbers. Even though you say numbers are worthless to post since flow bench racing starts up and mud gets thrown.

So … in addition, you want anyone with the slightest interest, to search the WWW to find the advertisement so they can call him?

This is not looking all the great my man.

Do be assured that I do firmly believe that you believe in what your saying and that I also have followed along on several boards about the previous head and Mr. Bloomer who I believe in being a 100% stand up guy and very smart. This is not the issue nor is the possible future excellence of the next SBM cylinder head.

I know you mean well but question much about the mystery cylinder head and why you can’t stall talking about it.

I do hope this head and Mr. Bloomers endeavors come to the market with great success.

you make excellent points.
Rod has limited cores to work with. Yes he will most likely( dont want to speak for him) sell them to racers looking to put them on deserving of the heads combos. Your right, this will never be a huge, huge offering. And frankly, they arent for everybody. They cost more than trick flows do, most guys probably wont utilize the full potential of them, so really wont need them. Eddies, trick flows, Speedmasters, etc, will more than suffice for most people. And he knows that.
What i DO know, most here don't, is the skill level of the guy who did THIS head.
If you gave the same exact set of heads to a 100 guys and were wanting to go fast, the guy who did these would be my first pick, and i wouldn't hesitate. That more than anything, frankly, piqued my interest in these heads.
I dont expect others to have the same opinion, because they aren't privy to the background and intense work he put into these, and dont know of his previous exploits, in the world of cylinder heads.
So i see both sides.

So then why are you constantly interjecting these heads into most every darn cylinder head thread when there;

1: Not available for 99.9% of the racers much less the regular guy?

2: A limited run?

3: Possibly, only available to a few select racers?

Honestly? Since such is the case, who gives a F#%*! about these heads? It only seems to be you. Weird for a guy to say he see’s both sides.
Should one day Mr. Bloomer have the availability to mass produce these heads for EVERYONE…… then we should revisit this topic. Until then, what’s the point? At least in the way it is presented! Presented your way, we should just bring up and compare them to the Westlakes Indy head.

Well no, trickflow provided information such as combustion chamber size, production material, CSA, port volume, pictures and etc.
no doubt if we having this conversation in person I think we would see the other’s point. I just don’t think you can pin a cars performance to the cylinder head.

combustion chamber size within reason can be made to suit . Its a 200cc head with 2.08/1.60 valves. Its obviously “ tall” to be 200cc, not much East to West room because of the pushrod. Its overseas aluminum…. Dont know any more.
It was hand done, digitized, cnc, hand finished, and has extensive dyno and bench testing. Extensive.
And yes..assuming a race car is sorted out, hooks, tuned, solid choice of parts that work well together…the heads are by far the biggest factor. Period. Guys who race every week are way past dealing with those kinds of issues.
Guys who buy these heads arent going to be twice a year test and tuners with single legger 3.23 geared daily drivers.
They already have good combos, just want to go faster. From seeing lots of the comments on here, many probably don't get that. I cant help them..lol

So then why are you constantly interjecting these heads into most every darn cylinder head thread when there;

1: Not available for 99.9% of the racers much less the regular guy?

2: A limited run?

3: Possibly, only available to a few select racers?

Honestly? Since such is the case, who gives a F#%*! about these heads? It only seems to be you. Weird for a guy to say he see’s both sides.
Should one day Mr. Bloomer have the availability to mass produce these heads for EVERYONE…… then we should revisit this topic. Until then, what’s the point? At least in the way it is presented! Presented your way, we should just bring up and compare them to the Westlakes Indy head.

i bet there aren't 5 guys on this forum who would buy these heads if he made a million of them. Never said they arent available for 99.9% of guys. I said most guys dont need them and wouldnt pay for them. Anything Mopar LA is limited interest. Welcome to 2021.
You overestimate greatly the market.

How many guys on here have even bought trick flow heads? 5, 6 7 or 8.. maybe even less?
I think you vastly over estimate the number of guys on here who could be considered serious racers who actually get to a track
You post on here all the time, when is the last time you went down a track?
Price
Need
Most here aren't even halfway serious racers, those that arent are very unlikely to sink 2500-3000 into a set of heads.
They still covet purple shaft cams and X heads

-
Back