Best source for wiring diagrams

-

RON REAGLE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need a complete wiring diagram for my 68 Barracuda who sells them or where can I find one? I have all new harnesses and don't want anything hooked up wrong.

For starters you can download both simplified aftermarket diagrams AND the factory service manuals for free from MyMopar. You will have to dig around there a bit, as they have changed the website. Some years may or may not have the specific Barracuda/ Ralley dash etc

I need a complete wiring diagram for my 68 Barracuda who sells them or where can I find one? I have all new harnesses and don't want anything hooked up wrong.
Actually sounds like what you're looking for is the harness connections.
The best source will be the assembly drawings. You have to buy them as a book from Faxon.
Second best source will be original unrestored or extremely well done restored cars. Some members have posted pictures to help others for just this purpose.
For an example of both see this discussion
69 barracuda wiring questions

For the complete wiring diagram, the Factory Shop manual is the most complete and accurate.
@1969383S traced these into pdfs. There's the one for '68 Barrcuda you can download in this post.
Why did someone splice into this IGN. 1 lead?

The Assembly drawings often have all three years on one drawing.
When there are differences, you'll need to look for D Series (1968 model year)
Using the drawing linked above for an example.
upload_2021-5-17_10-14-17.png

1968 has the two wires going to the ballast resistor and only the dark blue without tracer to the regulator.
1969 its the other way around.

I googled my year car and pulled up images and noted where it was at on the internet and went to office Depot and had them do the same thing and said I want a copy of that and the one in color... And one large one... I think it was under two bucks....

I have the Schematics from the MOTOR book. If that will help, PM me and let me know which one you need. There are a few different schematics, I can scan them and then email them to you

The engine bay for points type distributor and the dash harness. Pawned I can't p.m. you PM me and I'll send you my e-mail Thanks A lot I appreciate it.

-
Back